edited September 2006 in Youth Corner
/

Comments

• hey marmar are you sure of the hymns we are going to be singing lol.. if you are can u send then like the names .. thanks

o and my name is Sandra Andrawis, im from St. george Brooklyn New York.. and people we aren't as tough as we sound dont be scared.. lol and thats it
  • here is the 3rd group ones(attached).

Now me and i think 4 or5 friends, will be representing st.Mark J.C.(westside) in the third group.
    and we do have a complete number for the first and second groups.
    and of course we are haveing the choir(khoras,fifth group).

i think someone will win first place other then st.George this year.

no offence, but i thought WE deserved to win the chourus last year.
    and the first place for forth group too.

• hey guys, if u need any of the hymns for the competetion, theyre all at our church's website:
    www.stgeorgejc.org Groups 1-5.

-Pete

P.S. im enterin in the third group
    BERGEN ALL THE WAY
  • Man...Idon't like these hymn competition...people are tottally forgetting that these hyms are strong spiritualimplements through which we praise God. People are gettign the wrong ideas of hymns these days, especially the youth,the future of the church.

• Yah marmar ur right, BERGEN is ahead of EB but they still do put up a really good fight.
  • im from holmdel, my church never really competed in one of those because noone knows the hymns or wants to learrn them its only me and and like 2 other people so this year im telling Abouna cuz i know every hymn except i aghaby, anyway how do these things work...?
  • well would u look at that bk is registered.. i really wanna see whose gonna compete.. see i have been doing these compitions for the past 4-5 years except last year and boy my experineces up there were horrific... once i memorized 4 songs and 1 i had no clu wat the heck it was and when i picked up my second song it was th eone i didnt kno so i ran off crying( i was in like 5th grade) and i swore i would never learn alhan again.. but i didn't really eman that i like learnng the hymns but i don't compete after what happened i did once after but i wasn't at all comfortable maybe in a couple of years :]

-sandra A
  • no i could read the coptic except i like memorizing the songs rather than redaing them off cuz when i read while im nervous i loose control of where i am... yea i'll end up talking to our head deacon this sunday discussing how many ppl. etc. but i dont think anyone of our 3rd group is competeing im pretty sure we mite have 4th and 5th groupers
  • ok marmar i gotta few questiona if you dont mind, first is there a number of people we have to have, cuz i can only get three people includin me, and how does it work exactly, and one last thing can i get the application to regisdter online? cuz i told Abouna today and he told me to get the application cuz he doesnt have time oh btw my names mina thanks
  • ok nevermind marmar i was couldnt find it but i got it i still dont know how its done though
  • AWW this Hymns Competition sounds like fun!

Can't you guys come over to Canada and do it here!?

lol ... ;D
  • lol well I could do that ...
    OR
    I could fly to Staten Island and enjoy it there with all you Americans :P

ahaha anyways hope all goes well and you guys have a great time!

God bless
  • LOL well I don't like to think myself as either Canadian NOR American!

I'M EGYPTIAN AND PROUD BABY!!!! 8) hahaha
    It does sound like fun but very beneficial too. I might just talk to Abouna about it! That would be cool ...

God Bless :)
  • Im Canadian too!
    Toronto Ontario St George and St Rueiss Coptic Orthodox Church

+
    +++
    +
    +