Copts facing Islam

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
Im sure you all heard about the incident in Egypt with abounas wife, "tasoni" Wafaa. I was just wondering if anyone knew anything about her now...? Was she kidnapped as many of the copts assumed (based on their mentality against islam..which i dont blame them) Or did she really fall in love with a muslim man, and sought conversion? Cuz I came across an article that stated that the muslims in Egypt are now saying it was injustice to have handed her (the abounas wife) over back to the Fathers in the monastery, because that is against her will.

http://usa.mediamonitors.net/content/view/full/12223/

any thoughts..opinions...facts?

Comments

• like Sylvia's Death

i never heard of that?but i did heard of the tasouni one but they said that she was converted to muslim after being kidnnaped!and i heard also the church story!
    god be with all of the people that have problems!!
  • Sylvia's death....thats the Armanious family...in New Jersey...im sure u heard of it
  • guys
    the thing with the armanius family was not religious at all. Abouna, sayedna el anba david, and H.H. all told the church not to jump to conclusions, but everyone did, and in the end it turned out it was just a robbery for money to buy drugs.
  • yeah i heard of that but i heard of the armanios family only that's why when you said sylvia i asked!but the thing about robbery for drugs was wrong i think what i god is right:her dad said some stuff about islam on the internet and then after one week the family got killed how do you guys explain that?? :-\
  • The Armanios family, I have to say made a very big impact on the coptic community, Now officialy from what i heard is that the Fbi got tired of the descrimination case so they just ended it at the robbery, but my dad checks out all these arabic links etc. and it actualy said that these robbers had islam depths behind them kind of like a bribery, they do the killing and the others getthe cash etc. I dunno how these people role, so im not certain. but this death shows us that it can happen to anyone and its importantthat we are very cautient not just in the way we talk or to whom we talk but in the fact that we must be strong in faith, As you can see This family seemed to be a very good example of a coptic family, Som eof the stuff sylvia wrote was tremendously amazingg and powerful, so take it as an example of a reday family to eneter heaven instead of a death of predjuduce, God wanted them it doesnt realy matter how they weretaken anymore Its where they are now.. God bless you all and be strong in faith -your sister in christ sandra
  • so how do we know how did they got killed?and alot of people will say different things and who know maybe one of them will be rit!
    sandra
  • your rite we dont know, and maybe we never will, but i think its better if we all just take this as a sign as to realize how cruel the world can get and how important jesus is in our lives and how we must be faithful all the time, we can't discriminate other people dispite the fcat that they might treat us with discrimination, but God says if you come in his name fear not, so just realize that they are with our Lord in a much muchhhhhhhhhh better place , God just wanted them we cant question anything else -God bless
  • i hope someone can get the real story!!i am so want to know it!!god bless you!!
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=13;threadid=2329;start=0#msg35377 date=1124567736]
    so how do we know how did they got killed?and alot of people will say different things and who know maybe one of them will be rit!
    sandra

amen!i agree 100%! 8)
    hahahaha
  • Guys i live in jersey city, and go to the church that sylvia and her family went to, so i think i would know what really happened. They found one of the guys using sylvia's father's atm card, and in the end he confessed to it, and they then found his partner. The only reason everyone thinks it was by muslims, is cuz their throats were slit, like theway it is said in the quaran.
  • quaran.

i never heard of that word before!!is that an arabic one!!
  • uhh...Quran...the book of the muslims...it's both an arabic and english word

Egyptains just jump into conclusions so fast...they don't let things take its way...and when the truth comes out...they just become silent....Now what? we said muslims did that and that...and after the truth came out...we didn't even care to apologize to the...both in The Armonuis family's case and the tasony one...we think we are so perfect yet we turn out even worse than they are.
  • what happened in the tasoni one???????//
  • She had a musilm guy at her work, and he talked to her about Islam and she wanted to convert and then before she did, the pope asked to meet her. Oh and appreantly her husband, the abouna, was like sick and had something with his leg, so i guess she didn't wanna take care of him anymore. Then the pope met with her, and he sent her to a monastery for nuns or a house so the nuns can talk to her or whatever...then she just changed her mind and didn't want to convert anymore so when she changed her mind...the police were like we shouldn't have sent her to the pope...she could have been a muslim now and all of that.
    And appreantly all of us the copts were thinking that she got kidnapped and they had a lot of things happen in Egypt and all of that turned out to be her own fault...simply because HUMAN BEINGS AREN'T PERFECT and whether she is abouna's wife or whatever...she is still a human being who sins like all of us
  • the copts were thinking that she got kidnapped and they had a lot of things happen in Egypt and all of that turned out to be her own fault...simply because HUMAN BEINGS AREN'T PERFECT and whether she is abouna's wife or whatever...she is still a human being who sins like all of us

yeah i saw it on the arabic channel and the people were like going crazy about it and they have college people put in jail and it was really a big problema!
    god be with all of this people!
    sandra!
  • All that you said is true...but you have to remember that Christians in Egypt have been persecuted and have endured a lot, especially by the arabs that invaded our land...the muslims. Many people did jump to conclusions, but they assumed so based on past encounters with the islamic nation and their teachings.

Its true, we didnt have solid proof before making a bold statement like "Muslims killed the Armanious family", BUT its not like it is unlikely. It says in their book..the quran... to kill the unbelievers, the kaffers, the Christians.

Im not saying every muslim is bad or would kill their Christian neighbour, but I am saying that if that is what they are taught, and if they will be rewarded in heaven for killing an unbeliever of 'allah'... then why wouldnt they commit a crime such as murder, for allah's sake.
  • Im not saying every muslim is bad or would kill their Christian neighbour, but I am saying that if that is what they are taught, and if they will be rewarded in heaven for killing an unbeliever of 'allah'... then why wouldnt they commit a crime such as murder, for allah's sake

i think it is in the quran or something!what ever that word is :-\ maybe!
  • 'Fight those who do not believe in Allah, nor in Judgment Day, nor do they prohibit what Allah and His messenger have prohibited, nor do they follow the religion of truth' Al-Tawba chapter, v.29
  • is that a verse in the the quran? ::)
    man it is weird!and so that mean that they believe in god too! :o :o :o :o
  • Let's not start believing in some crazy conspiracy theories now, I'm sure if the FBI had something they wouldn't just let it go.
  • they believe in a God, Allah. they believe in a god, just not the god. not the true god.
  • nah, you weren't confusing at all. i just wanted to contribute. :) you even have a better detailed answer than me.
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=13;threadid=2329;start=15#msg35570 date=1124765052]
    they believe in a God, Allah. they believe in a god, just not the god. not the true god.

they do believe in god but thier profite is different(thats what my dad told me)mohamad is thier profite!if i am wrong please correct!
  • Yeah, and they believe Jesus (' isa ibn Marium'...to be exact) was just a prophet. To us, He's God.
  • is it isa or iso?yeah but they didnt believe in him as god they believed in him as a profit as maryann said!!
    and my sunday school teacher also told me that they have a chapter in their bible called mariam!
  • that might as well be true, some muslims even fast St. Mary's fast. I think its "Isa"... never heard of "Iso"
  • are you serios they fast st.mary's fast too are u sure?
  • Some of them do, because they believe in St. Mary...
  • i never saw a muslim person fasting st.mary's fast!!thats strange!