St. Mary's Fast

edited December 1969 in Coptic Orthodox Church
Well, kolay sana wantou tayebeen!

May the prayers of Saint mary, and all the saints and martyrs

Well, God be with you all!

Comments

• This is my Favorate Fast!
    kolo sana winto tyabeen! <-- Notice we all spell it differently
    YaY i am doing somthing holy and loosing weight at the same time!
    Good Luck Fasting
  • Hail to Virgin Mary, Mother of God, the Theotocos.
  • Yes my friends ,

I am also observing this wonderful fast with you. Can u translate exactly what "Kola Sana vinto tyabeen" means.

May St. Mary and all the Saints interceed for us to Our Lord.

Geraldine
  • Rabena yobarek kol hayatna be baraket haza al soom al mokadas
    Kol sana wa antom taybeen..

God Bless All of usamen
  • Geraldine,
    it means HAPPY FEAST or FAST
  • Kol sana wie entom taybeen guys... :)
  • May the Holy Theotokos intercede on all of our behalf always and forever. Kol sana wa intom tyebeen

Here is a link to the song “Hail to Mary” and I’ve pasted the text underneath. I hope you all enjoy it: http://tasbeha.org/media/index.php?s=Songs%2FEnglish%2FCoptic_Hymns_and_Spiritual_Songs_1%2Ftrack03.mp3

Hail to Mary

Hail to Mary, mother of God
    From sunrise to sunset
    Magnify her, glorify her
    Put her always in your heart

She has born unto us
    The savior of the world
    He came and saved our souls
    And forgave us our sins

She’s the Lady and the Virgin
    Our queen in heaven
    She’s above the Cherubim
    And praised by the Seraphim

She’s famous and well know
    As the best shelter to rest
    Try her and you will find that
    For your help she’s always there

Please O Mary, pray for us
    And the sinners to return
    Teach us and guide all of us
    For you are the faithful saint.

I carry your precious name a Holy Mother of Christ, forgive me if I am unworthy of such a name. Intercede on my behalf and when I’m weary or weak please guide me unto the path of your beloved Son.

In His Name
    Mary
  • Everyone, kol sana wento tayibeen,

Rabena ye3oud elayaam 3alekom bekheer ;) ;D

GBU
  • I have the songs for st. mary's fast

the website is http://www.saintmina-holmdel.org/Multimedia/index.php and it's in spiritual songs, and in column 24-26
  • Kolo sanna wentto tayaben everybody!

Is the last day Monday or Sunday?
  • Monday the 22nd
  • You are right MarMar
    Monday, August 22nd is the Feast of the
    The Assumption of the Body of the Pure Virgin St. Mary.
    So the Fast end on Aug. 21st.
  • Actually, there is an odass on monday that's why we have to fast on monday, but you can eat after you take communion
  • That's wonderful to hear
  • i just heard about this topic now so i am fasting and it was actually my first st mary's fast to fast isn't weard?
    kol sana wa antom tayebeen!!god be with all of you!!
  • u never heard of st. mary's fast????? :o :o :o
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=4;threadid=2260;start=15#msg35138 date=1124323717]
    u never heard of st. mary's fast????? :o :o :o

ofcorse i did....but i never get a chance to fast!! :'(
  • yeah only2 days left!but i have a question and it might be so late but why do people fast a week before the fast begins and some people fast with water and salt and specialy taza's and gidos!
  • it is not just gidos and tazas and the week is for you to get ready for the fast!and some people fastwith water and oil because they love saint mary so much!!
  • uuhhhhh....thank you i got it!kol sana we entom taybeen!
  • [quote author=hahahaha link=board=4;threadid=2260;start=15#msg35411 date=1124591379]
    it is not just gidos and tazas and the week is for you to get ready for the fast!and some people fastwith water and oil because they love saint mary so much!!

its not water and oil, its water and salt. the ppl that fast like that actually deprive them selves from oil, so no fries (lol). its just when they cook the dont put oil in the food, differs in taste. now what on earth is "gidos and tazzas"???? ???
  • HAPPY ST. MARY'S Feast May her guidance protect us and May all her prayers be with us. Kolay sana wantoum tayebeen!
  • lol CHrist4life...thats exactly what i was thinking...taza means fresh in arabic...doesnt it? :P

I think what they meant was gedo and TETAS! ;)
  • oh..btw...Happy Feast Everyone :) kol senna winto tayibeen
  • KOL SANA WENTO TAYEBEEN, HAPPY FAST EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D :) :) :) :) :P
  • Happy Feast of the Virgin St. Mary to everyone.
    May the Lord keep His people and church in peace, with the intercession of Our Lady and the pride of our race the pure Virgin St. Mary.
  • Happy Saint Mary's feast :)
  • about st.mary's ffst abouna said"we don't fast fro st.mary but we fast for god in the interseson of st.mary...is that right or wrong?you know i have been thinking of that question the whole day today at school!
  • HAPPPY SAINT MARY"S EVERYONE< MAY HER INTERCESSIONS BE UPON US FOREVER AMEN>>>> GO EATT THAT LAHMAA NOWW!!!!! lol God belss you all-sandra
  • GO EATT THAT LAHMAA NOWW!!!!!

lol you are funny...man....yeasterday at the achia abouna and the deacons went out and did the zafa out side the church and all the bokhor was like going up man you all guys should have seen that it looks like angles were like singing with us and all the ladies started lolololoy(man they do it really good)it was awsome!