Abouna

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
I heard that some abounas cant have a confession with women or girls. And he can refuse any coffession to any man or boy

Comments

• a priest cannot permanently refuse confession to anyone. He may say he is busy at the time, but he must take your confession sooner or later, regardless of your gender.
  • there is ONE exception to that and it happens very rarely is when a priest is not married and yes there are priests out in the churchs that are not married. I think the Pope recently stopped them from taking confession from women or girls but that is just the news i know, i could be wrong
  • a priest is like god he can't refuse to take women confession so why are we created??? :-\ god can't refuse to take any women's sins!
  • i accually have heard this before. but i don't no if it is true.. i also heard that abounas are not suppose to take confusions when they are young abounas, i am not sure either. i also heard that monks are not suppose to take confussions either!! i am pretty sure about that one 8)
  • sandrahanna there are two parts to a priest a part that acts like God but the same time he is still a human being, so if a priest is a monk priest and a lady comes talking to him about personal things, she might make him commit a sin without her knowing, like him thinking about something else that can cause him to sin, same thing goes to a monk. But when a priest is married and had children and went through a lot he kind of knows what the woman is going through and can help her more effectivly and without falling in sin. I am not sure about young or new priests because they are young or new doesn't mean they didn't go through a lot and had experience in different situations.
  • I don't think there are abounas out there who refuse confessions....whether married or not. My abouna isn't married and no he wasn't a monk before that, he is just an abouna who was an archedeacon most of his life, and has been fully commited to the church and to its studies, and he isn't married, and he does take all confessions from women or girls...so No i don't think the pope told them to stop taking confession from girls...I don't think that the pope would actually think of that, because what if that abouna is the only one in the church and there is no other way women can go confess somewhere else but him...and that is the case in my church...he is just one unmarried abouna who takes everyone who wants to confess.
  • In our church the only abouna we have had for like ± 15 years was a monk, so we nor he had any choice...
  • is that possible that after being a monk to be a priest????
  • yes he could if a church needing priests and none are available then a monk who is a priest would fill in, that acutally took place in egypt in The Wind Mill of Pope Kyrollios VI monks were running the place and built churchs and taking care of the people
  • wouldnt u think its the monks that arent allowed to take confession with female human beings??...lol

unless!, they are appointed to a church or community.............!!!!

my 2 c

God Bless,
    Jenny ;)
  • That concept sounds about right to me
  • but what about if that monk doesn't want to get married so what is going to happen? :'(
  • just to let you know monks CAN NOT get married, did you mean what if the priest doesn't want to get married? i only heard of very few priests that didn't get married
  • no i said what if the monk doesn't want to get married??
  • NO monk is allowed to get married ever
  • i said when monks become priests what if they don't want to get married??isn't priests alowed to get married?
  • Once a monk, always a monk; even if he becomes a priest, bishop or Pope, a monk took the vow of celibacy before entering the monastery.
  • meaning of a monk to become priest is that he is allowed to perform a mass, that is the only difference between a regular monk and a monk priest, it is a higher level but doesn't change the fact that they are still monks
  • thanks guys i got it now the thing that was confusing me was i always know that abouna have to get married!that was the whole confusion point!!
  • He doesn't HAVE to...it's just more preferred if he is married.
  • i guess i just figured that out!! :-\
  • hey i think monks don't choose to be priest it's just when they've been asked to and also all bishops are monks aren't they?
    but i wanna ask about can a monk take confessions? i don't think so ???
  • If the monk is not a priest, he can not take confessions.
    Only the Office of Priesthood can perform the Holy Mysteries and one of those is the Confession.
  • yeah that's what i thought
  • If the monk is not a priest, he can not take confessions.
    Only the Office of Priesthood can perform the Holy Mysteries and one of those is the Confession.

\thats what my mom always say!
  • i wanna ask WHAT IF AN ABOUNA IS EVIL?

how does he take confessions and make leturgies and baptize blah blah blahhhhh.....

and is that supposed to be a proper communion or baptism etc....?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

i'm really confused!!!!
  • [quote author=mnc_hnn link=board=13;threadid=2288;start=15#msg39586 date=1127932279]
    i wanna ask WHAT IF AN ABOUNA IS EVIL?

how does he take confessions and make leturgies and baptize blah blah blahhhhh.....

and is that supposed to be a proper communion or baptism etc....?

::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::)

i'm really confused!!!!

How can an Abouna be evil?? He has the Holy Spirit inside of him. When any Father is ordained the Holy Spirit fills him. I do not think the Holy Spirit and the devil can be in one person at the same time, right?
  • it can sometimes like loads of bishops and higher levels failed u know
  • Huh? ??? What do you mean?
  • satan, all the ppl he made 'em fell where strong and that's y we'v got to be in humble lives that ANY ONE can fall at ANYTIME!!!!