Cheating

edited December 1969 in Youth Corner
You may find this question a bit stupid, but I just wanna know:

Is copying answers on a exam considered as a real sin? What do you think? I mean, if the one you're cheating from is okay with it, then it isn't considered 'stealing' answers anymore, right?

Keep me in ur prayers & GBU :)

Comments

• And what exactly do u mean by a real sin? It's a sin whether that other person knows or not, it's still cheating. Someone is taking the work of others and copying it to themselves. The person worked hard and studied, and the person cheating coming in and cheating very easily without effort. Cheating might start on exams first, then it will start in college, then work, then the rest of life is going to be based on cheating, on taking someone's effort and be passed as someone else's.
  • I never really cheated on tests because in honors, everyone is pretty much screwed on the tests lol. But on homework, sometimes my friends didn't have time or had a bad day and I feel fine giving them the answers, and other times I have too much other homework or I'm not feeling well, and they let me copy their homework too. I never really felt bad about that though. At work its usually 1 person doing one task as opposed to 30 people doing 1 task so it's different. My conscience is pretty active and I always feel guilty about every tiny thing, but that..., Idk! I just don't feel bad.
  • Cheating is definetly wrong, it is really immoral, taking something that is not yours as Marianne said, but i think on hw its not the same, because in school many teachers tell you you can work on hw together, the whole point of hw is trying to understand the material so you can study for the test, so if you dont understand and ask for someone elses help to explain how they did the problems, i wouldnt consider that cheating, unless you just completely made no effort on the hw and want to copy the answers to get a hw grade ...thats another story
  • And what exactly do u mean by a real sin?

Like, would you go to hell for it and do you need to confess it. I think you do actually.

Well, thx for ur opinions, GBU
  • [quote author=Coptic-Irini link=board=13;threadid=2237;start=0#msg33984 date=1122998422]

And what exactly do u mean by a real sin?

Like, would you go to hell for it and do you need to confess it. I think you do actually.

Well, thx for ur opinions, GBU

Every sin is a real sin, u have to confess and repent for it, God is the only one who will say who go to hell for what
  • Nono, I meant that u have to confess it. I know that God is the only one Who can judge.
  • You have to confess for every sin...it's a SIN
  • cheating is called cheating and if you get caught you might be in trouble!
  • its not cheating if the person gives u the answers is it?
  • i don't realy know if someone mentioned that before but cheating is onother way of stealing...it is like you are stealing someone's work and what if the person that you cheated from have all his answers wrong you will sin and get bad grades at the same time so it doesn't really matter!!!