Bible/Saint Trivia

Comments

• good job bibo :)
    no im not french lol, i just speak a little french
    j'oublie tout le francais que j'etudie dans 'ecole
  • et moi aussi

lol..is tht rite ???
  • lol. Can you two come back to the language we all understand. ;)
  • lol...sorry
  • Its ok. So anybody have anymore questions??
  • which saint, Christ and St. Mary appeared to her in a vision, and St. Mary told Christ to look at her but He wouldnt because she was not baptized yet. Later, after becoming christian she had the same vision but Christ was so happy to see her. She went to Maximinos the governor and declared her faith, she had studied much philosophy and other subjects and had proven to the whole court the that christianity is the true faith not idol worshipping so all the philosophers of the emperor believed in Christ, and all who heard her as well, she suffered much then was beheaded in the end
  • [quote author=Christ4Life link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=165#msg31364 date=1120838151]
    Its ok. So anybody have anymore questions??

wats nardin in english and
    which person in the new testament was appointed a preacher, and apostle and a teacher of the gentiles?

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=165#msg31479 date=1120861822]
    which saint, Christ and St. Mary appeared to her in a vision, and St. Mary told Christ to look at her but He wouldnt because she was not baptized yet. Later, after becoming christian she had the same vision but Christ was so happy to see her. She went to Maximinos the governor and declared her faith, she had studied much philosophy and other subjects and had proven to the whole court the that christianity is the true faith not idol worshipping so all the philosophers of the emperor believed in Christ, and all who heard her as well, she suffered much then was beheaded in the end

Is it St. Iriny...
  • give us another hint, what her name starts with, something!
  • ok here is a hint, her monastary is on the same mountain that Moses went up to, to speak to God,

so which mountain is it, and which saint is she :)?

• St. Catherine
  • good job Marianne :)
  • Who was the saint who till this day we haven't found their body because they DON'T WANT US to?

sleepy
  • is it St. Moses
    if not is it St. Saman the Shoemaker
    if not than idk...lol
  • In answer to my question, no, it's not those saints, but you're on the right track.

sleepy
  • lol...on the right track in wut exactly...lol...i give up if it's not either ;D
  • Well, it was a saint who keptto themself, or at least liked to, and I'll give you a hint. They lived in the wilderness for a long time. lol. That should give it away.

sleepy
  • St. Shenouda

tht was a guess...and i don't even think it's right
  • hold on sleepymusician, who doesnt want us to find his/her body?????
  • hi

it's abu paula, he said that he didn't want his body found to st.anthony. who told the pope who was... st. athenesuis.

wow, there were a lot of saints back then. lol

God Bless
  • yea chiefofsinners, life wasn't full of sin back then. i wish i was born in that time era...
  • me too

God Bless
    O... when u said yea, did u mean i was right about the answer or the amount of saints in that time?
  • actually we havnt found st shenouda's body yet so marianne was right

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • Hi Christ4life,

yea chiefofsinners, life wasn't full of sin back then. i wish i was born in that time era...

I just think that now or a long time ago is the same, there was always sin, but it us who chose to follow God or not, even if those around us arent. During Abraham's time there was no righteous people, same for Noah, (but even though everyone around them lived a life of sin, they chose not to) look at Soddom and Gommorah that was a really long time ago, not now, so when we are born does not really matter, it is the love that we have inside of our hearts for God that really matters and makes us do the right thing. :)
  • MarMar 91,
    Is it seventy times seven!!!! Mathew 18:22
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=1;threadid=1841;start=180#msg33026 date=1121940357]
    actually we havnt found st shenouda's body yet so marianne was right

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!

Well, yea, but I was actually speaking about St. Antony because I just read his book and he said it himself. He was telling it to the three people that were there with him. He didn't want people to find him because he didn't want his bidy to kept as a shrine in someone's home, that wasn't what he was intended for.

sleepy
  • Who was the deaconess said Paul mentioned in Acts....??

Phoebe
  • hi

sleepy, although u may be right, i find it unlikely, cuz i went to a church where they had a relic of st.anthony, :-\, i donnu, maybe it was a different st.anthony but i'm pretty sure it's st.anthony the great.

God Bless