Why 3?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Why did Peter deny Jesus 3 times?
Why 3? and not once, twice or even more like 4, 5, etc....?
Why 3?

Comments

• cuz at the last supper, Jesus said "One amongst you will deny that he knows me threee times" ...? ::) just a guessss
  • [quote author=Deano link=board=1;threadid=2076;start=0#msg32171 date=1121199401]
    Why did Peter deny Jesus 3 times?
    Why 3? and not once, twice or even more like 4, 5, etc....?
    Why 3?

I am guessing to prove even more that 3 is the number of completion for Christianity...
  • Deano,
    the sign of the cross
    in the name of the father
    the son
    the holy spirit

1 god amen
  • ...3 is a good number lol. Nah I think it is certainly to do with the Holy Trinity like Coptic Servent sed. Its like Peter denied the Father, Son and holy Spirit.
  • 3 is also different stages in denying (sinning in general), i think God gave him multiple chances to restore his fault and not deny him the next time, but instead it got worse:

first time he lied
    second time he lied, and swore
    third time he lied, swore, and cursed
  • Most of you guys & gals seem to share the same view as I.

I believe that the Bible is the most perfect story in evry way (because it is God's). Whilst those non-believers try and attack out faith you must always remember that when you read the good book you will see that God makes things for a reason.

I believe that the reason God decided that Peter was going to deny Jesus 3 times, its because Peter is actually denying The Father, The Son and The Holly Spirt, and that is why he denied Jesus three time.

Glad to see that some of yous are thinking the same. Now over to the Why 2 and the Why Barabaus questions.