the best miracle that happened to me!!!

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
this is amazing...... I was born in germany and the largest malls are over there way way bigger then americas mall.... so anyways when i was a baby i got lost and my mom was cring so bad. She was bangging on the tables puching the customers( my mom told me this) and then she saw st mary hold me ( unbelieve able :o ) she gave me to my mom and my mom hugged me. My mom turned around to thank st mary but :( she wasnt there>>>>CRY :o

Comments

• ok thats sooo cool. if you wanna read miracles about sme1 read the St. Philopater Marcoruis Book or Miracles.. its sooooo cool
    [glow=red,2,300][move]
    GOD BLESS
    [/move][/glow]
  • I have the tape where el Om Irini talks about all these miracles, it is beautiful!
  • okay i am amazed!!!!! wow!!!! glory be to god!!!!
    batikha-basketball ;)
  • that a good miracle!but i think they are alot of miracles topics!
  • good job that was a great miracle
  • [quote author=Johannes(John) link=topic=2040.msg31396#msg31396 date=1120848927]
    this is amazing...... I was born in germany and the largest malls are over there way way bigger then americas mall.... so anyways when i was a baby i got lost and my mom was cring so bad. She was bangging on the tables puching the customers( my mom told me this) and then she saw st mary hold me ( unbelieve able :o ) she gave me to my mom and my mom hugged me. My mom turned around to thank st mary but  :( she wasnt there>>>>CRY :o

lol i dont believe that
  • Though we are to have faith in God I do believe that we must also be over cautious about claiming anything as a miracle, or saying that we have seen visions of the Saints. Father Athanasius Iskander has some wise words on this matter.

I would want to ask how your mother knew it was St Mary? Did no-one else see her? Could it not simply have been a kind soul who walked off afterwards? What reason would a person have for saying it was St Mary?

While the Protestant world has tended to fall into an error of not believing very much in the supernatural, I am a little concerned that some Orthodox claim to see saints so frequently. Even more than we read of in the Fathers. Indeed the normal response of the Fathers to any vision is to reject themselves as being unworthy of any such thing.

I am a little hesitant that there should be a thread encouraging such accounts. These are perhaps things that are better shared with a spiritual father and with discretion. Our lives are filled with God's kindness, but we should not seek after miracles, dreams and visions, or lead others to seek these. Now I sound like a party-pooper, but I am just concerned that this subject not be a cause of envy among those who have not had such miracles, or deception among those who are led to seek them.

God bless

Father Peter
  • I 100% agree with Fr. Peter but to add on to what he said. Miracles don't have to be BIG like being healed from cancer or surviving a deadly car accident or being shot at point blank range. We should realize that everyday in itself is miracle. Some people who are rather young don't wake up from their sleep where as we, we wake up fine and refreshed. Some people don't have a place to live where as us we have shelter from the harsh weather. Some people don't have access to the internet where as us obviously we do or you wouldn't be reading this right now. "Then the Pharisees came out and began to dispute with Him, seeking from Him a sign from heaven, testing Him. But He sighed deeply in His spirit, and said, “Why does this generation seek a sign? Assuredly, I say to you, no sign shall be given to this generation. Mark 8:11-12 why do we ask God "Please God work a little miracle for me." We remember God when we are sick or desperate so we ask for Him to step in. But when we are fine and life feels good we shun Him. Just as Fr. Peter said let us not look for  miracles or dreams or visions. Let us ourselves seek God instead of asking Him to seek us.

Pray for me
  • Even a surgeon performing a successful operation does so with divine intervention.

And the Bible says something about the resurrecting of the dead cannot convince someone to believe (ie extrordinary miracles for belief is not the way of God).
  • [quote author=I Believe link=topic=2040.msg107293#msg107293 date=1256678585]
    We should realize that everyday in itself is miracle.

I Believe, you make a good point. I really like that, it's true. Just waking up every morning is a miracle. Thanks for reminding us :)