symbols of the HS

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
i was talking to 1 of ma close frends bout symbols of the Holy Spirit umm he gave me some examples such as dove, water, sprit umm does any1 have any more?

thnx alot
GB ALL
+FROG+
GOD IS GREAT!!

Comments

• Hey Frog,

You must have a very Good friend, What a fitting Topic to discuss during pentecoste, the ones that i know are:

• Oil
    • The Dove
    • Living Water
    • Wind
    • Fire
    • cloud and light
    • Laying of Hands
    The Holy Spirit is also known as the "Spirit of Truth" or the "Consoler/Helper" also
    Spirit of God (Gen. 1 :2)
    Spirit of the Lord (Is. 16:1)
    Spirit of your Father (Matt. 10:20)
    Spirit of Grace (Zech. 12: 10)
    Spirit of Holiness (Rom. 1 :4)
    Spirit of Life (Rom. 8:2)
    Spirit of Christ (Rom. 8:9)

I am sure there are many more.
    I intentionally left out the verses as a quiz so other people can answer....Can someone give reasons for those.

Shenouda.
  • Thanks for the great topic as we celebrate the joyous feast of Pentecost. Several posts have been deleted from this thread as they did not adhere to the topic of the thread.
  • The Holy Theotokos, according to Fr. Sergius Bulgakov of the Russian Orthodox Church, is also a symbol of the Holy Spirit.
  • [quote author=u_stole_my_name link=board=1;threadid=1914;start=0#msg29016 date=1119140662]
    The Holy Theotokos, according to Fr. Sergius Bulgakov of the Russian Orthodox Church, is also a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

that is interesting I never heard that before... can you please explain...
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1914;start=0#msg29111 date=1119221738]
    [quote author=u_stole_my_name link=board=1;threadid=1914;start=0#msg29016 date=1119140662]
    The Holy Theotokos, according to Fr. Sergius Bulgakov of the Russian Orthodox Church, is also a symbol of the Holy Spirit.

that is interesting I never heard that before... can you please explain...

Because the Lord Jesus was conceived in her by the Holy Spirit. In other words, the Holy Spirit "penetrated" her more than any other creature.

This is all mostly in Russian Orthodox symbology though. You won't find many references to this in other Churches.
  • hehehe yar shnoods i wonder who the frend was lol namely u hehehe
    umm anyone else thnc for that u_stole_my_name i dint no that and wood any1 lyk to reply and to do shnoods' lil quiz for me :)
    come on pplz
    ur turn iqbal help needed

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!
  • anyone ??
  • i dont get how to do it... ???
  • do wat? i need sum1 to answer ma question

• you said someone to answer Shnoods quiz... I don't get how to do it.

P.S. What was your question? :)
  • o lol look at the top does ne1 no anymore symbols of the HS?
  • no... sorry I couldn't be of help
  • lol dw bout it

any1? iqbal ello?
  • i know some.... let me see what i can find!!!!
    basketball :D
  • well if u no some wood u lyk to put em up?