The Purpose of Driven Life

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
HI everyone, i just wanted to say this book is gr8!! It's about our purpose... it's so enlightening, i suggest you guys to read it!!! :o

Comments

• :)

I've never read it but I've heard it's a great book.Maybe one day I'll get a chance...It's been on the bestseller list for ages...
  • i have never read it but i heard its really gooood....
  • I love this book its my fav. i read it almost 2 times and i think its a great book and i really learned something from it .

• Can you give us the short and sweet version of the book ? Or are you just telling us that this book is great and we should read it ?

Is their a spiritual value to this book ?

• Is their a spiritual value to this book ?

It's the best selling christian book in America and a runaway bestseller throughout the world.I've heard it's greatly impacted the lives of christians (orthodox,catholic,etc)and non christians alike.Its been featured on nearly every top news program... such as the O Reilly Factor,Hannity and Colmes,etc.

But the sad fact is that I've never gotten around to read it....lol... ;D
  • The book contains 40 chapters, and it is recommended to read one chapter a day. Every day, there's a new lesson, if you will, and a verse in the bible that supports it. It's basically about the purpose of our lives, for God, and other relating topics...
  • Yea i have this book...i started reading it during passion week but i never found time to finish it. Basically, from what i remember, it talked about our purpose here on earth and that our existence wasnt some accident...we're not just a combination of our parent's genes, we're more than that. the book emphasizes the importance and the significance of our lives and how we should learn to value our own life (esp. in our connection with God). It tells us that life is worth living because God created us all with a special purpose and a special mission in life....that God knew exactly that way we'd look and the kind of person we'd turn out to be b/c he's the master, he's the creator, and he appreciated the way He designed you and I!!

Yea thats pretty much...there's prob more to add on to that b/c i never finished reading the book... perhaps someone else could elaborate...I hope i helped, GB++
  • yar its such a fantastic book i read it lyk last year or the beginig of this year or something but its absolutely brilliant i advise every1 to reed it its reelly good and beneficial yar basically what youstina s said and more way more but its reelly good

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!
  • There's also The Purpose;The Driven Life Journal ..I haven't read either one but does any one know what the Journal is about?
  • hey guys can you tell me where can i get this book?
  • hay sandrahanna u can start off with your church library if not there r lots of bookshops round rite? try christian bookshops if not any bookshop coz its not a coptic writer

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!!!
  • ServantOfJesus, it's just a journal for you to write in so you can reflect on the reading of that day.

I also think that this book is very helpful. It poses questions at the end of each day that really help focus your attention and direct you to start thinking in the right direction.
  • :) hay chimericial welcome
    and that is so true
    thnx for sharing

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!
  • keep.smiling i've read dat book!! AMAZING!!! it makes ssooo much sense its crazy... lol.. i recoment this book to everyone!! go read it guys!!

C.A.P.
  • hehe that is soo true C.A.P :)

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!
  • yeah that book is so great i loved it
  • [quote author=FULLY RELY ON GOD link=board=10;threadid=1670;start=0#msg26359 date=1117177544]
    yar its such a fantastic book i read it lyk last year or the beginig of this year or something but its absolutely brilliant i advise every1 to reed it its reelly good and beneficial yar basically what youstina s said and more way more but its reelly good

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!!

haiie is it in our church library? if not can u pls bring it to me next sunday..if u can that is....mwaa
  • I only looked at the title.

the link below is a great set of sermons for Fr. Anthony Messeh
    listen to them they are very very nice.

http://www.orthodoxsermons.org/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=128&Itemid=26
  • i would like to read that book
  • i NEVER read it or heard about it
    but ill research it
    thanku
  • ooooooooo
    ill look for that boooooook