The Same Problem

edited December 1969 in Personal Issues
Hey guys. Does anybody have any hints about what I should do if there's this particular sin that I used to do and stopped but now I started again, or even about a sin that I cant stop in the first place? ???

Comments

• PRAY PRAY PRAY...CONFESS CONFESS CONFESS is the only advice possible for someone to stop a sin...we all just need to have faith and love for Christ for us to stop these sins and get closer and closer to God...
    Just think of how much God loves u and wants u to be enternally w/ Him and how much Satan hates u and wants u to fall enternally w/ him.
    Just remember God LOVES you and HATES the sin.
  • Your #1 best way is to confess...

I know it is tough and extremely embarrassing...especially if it relates to your feelings, body, etc.

One way your FOC can help you is to help you narrow it down through groups so that you don't actually admit it, but your FOC can know what you're talking about. I find that helps when I am embarrassed to confess something to my FOC...

God Bless...
    Sinful Servant
  • i think you should definitly confess, otherwise, you'll carry the blame with you, wherever you go.... take this from me, it is far better to be embarassed for 5 mins. in front of abouna than be eternally embarassed. I once read a quote that goes something like this " He who speaks is but a fool for five minutes, but he who does not speak is a fool forever" I have been through a lot of pretty bad stuff, and i was sooooo embarassed to tell abouna, but after i did, i felt peace and serenity.... cheesy, but 100% true! Just remember that it is a sacrement and that to become close to God and truly love him with your heart, soul, and mind requires you to give yourself fully to Him, otherwise, you'll keep thinking about the sin, and not maintain a stong relation with God. Good Luck !! I trust you'll do the right thing

Keep :Dling
  • Trust me on this: Abouna will understand that you are having a difficult time saying what is on your mind...

He will help you!! follow the advice that he gives you....it may take a while to see a result, but usually you get over the sin and move on with your life. We've all had our share of sins, and you're no different. and yet so many of us have had our share of confessions...and you're no different!

Forgive me...
    Sinful Servant
  • Trust me on this: Abouna will understand that you are having a difficult time saying what is on your mind...

that's so true, but you can do all things will Christ strenghtening you.
  • if u have trouble stoppin then dant stop
    work on it slowly
    every day count how many times u do it
    then work on tryin to decrease the number
    by no time it would be over with
    [glow=red,2,300]Marina Botros[/glow]
  • all you have to do is have faith in yourself and faith in god. god will help you get through the problem and you will solve it!!! and your father of confessions will understand and also help you with your sins!!!!! i hope i helped!!!!! :D
  • [quote author=basketball link=board=10;threadid=1730;start=0#msg29268 date=1119395105]
    all you have to do is have faith in yourself and faith in god. god will help you get through the problem and you will solve it!!! and your father of confessions will understand and also help you with your sins!!!!! i hope i helped!!!!! :D

That's an awesome reply. Also, just remember that we all go through tribulations so you're not in it alone, but at the same time, that's no excuse not to change it, so good luck!

sleepy
  • He who speaks is but a fool for five minutes, but he who does not speak is a fool forever"

that is so true, tell abouna that it is hard for u to stop this particular sin, he will give u advise

hope i helped, pray for me

EgY
  • Hey im sry i didnt get a chance to read all the replies but just a quick tip... som we sala. just like the liturgy says fast and pray about it. of course ask abouna if the fasting is appropriate for that time. May God be with you