The ECCYC

edited December 1969 in Random Issues
OKay, vote if u went, or didn't.... and post what u guys thoguht about it...im just curious... please share.... im real interested!!
BTW, 4 THOSE of u who dont know it stands for
East
Coast
Coptic
Youth
Convention

Comments

• It is still on July 30 right??
  • it was fun. not perfect but fun. i don't think i'm going this year because there are other expenses i need to take care of at the moment and thats really dissapointing that i won't be able to take part in a spiritual convention because of money matters but oh well.
  • this is my first year.. wat do u do... like tasbeha and asheya and liturgies and lectures...? ???
  • I heard baaaaaad things happen at that convention!!! tisk tisk tisk
  • ya nice job dany... great way to encourage the people... but wat do u actually do there?
  • what is ECCYC
  • BTW, 4 THOSE of u who dont know it stands for
    East
    Coast
    Coptic
    Youth
    Convention

• ECCYC is a great retreat, which my friends and i look forward to every summer. Its a lot of fun and the lecuters are great. It is held this year in Rosemont College in Penn. during the first week of Aug. It is separated into high school guys, high school girls, graduates, undergraduates, and servants. (there might be another group but im not sure.) Many bishops usually attend including Bishop David, Bishop Moussa, and Bishop Antonious Markous.
    I dont recall anything bad happenig Dany. I really recommend going.
  • Does the entire program of the day include only lectures ...? Is there a leturgy in the morning, hymns lessons? :)
  • here is the website for it
    www.eccyc.org
  • no no im sorry for making it sound terrible guys im sorry i take it back!!! Ive never been so I wouldn't know. it was only stuff i HEARD from ppl that went, so im sorry!!!
  • Hey there is also OCYC for north american churches, predominately churches from southern ontaro...every year there is a GREAT turnout. Last year we had anba Angelos, Anba Moussa, and -belive it or not- a priest from Ireland named Father FLANAGAN!! It was awesome...the only difference is that ours is for grades 9-12 and it is co-ed. Pm me if anyone would like to know more!!!
  • Youstina S do you have the website for it? I hope my church can make it this year! (St. Mary's in Kitchener!)
  • [quote author=minaPA link=board=1;threadid=1737;start=0#msg26974 date=1117632344]
    Does the entire program of the day include only lectures ...? Is there a leturgy in the morning, hymns lessons? :)

we play games, have mass, tasbeha, plays, n lots of other things. so its not just lecutres.
  • yah, im not sure yet if im going, 150 is alot for just two nights. however i dont want to discourage any of you, its worth every penny.

i realy want to go though, mainly bc there are no many bishops and so they can talk with u and they arent so buisy. i realy want to talk to amba david, he realy is a wonderful er...monk?

well, to you who are going, i wich u the best. have fun
  • we play alot of games,for example last year our priest played with us basketball and he lost,we have free time,we make plays,.....believe me you will have alot of fun and you will never stop going!!!
  • Mansour89, the website for the OCYC is

www.ocyc.coptorthodox.ca

Looking forward to see you there ;D

God Bless
  • Ohhhhh man! Thanks so much!!! I also hope to see you there! ;D
  • ECCYC is a great place to get away from everything, kick back and enjoy everything around you. The clergy there are so laid back that it makes you feel so at ease, and we have a lot of fun that. I could keep going on and on, but I don't think you would all like to listen, but I will say that you shouldn't pass up the experience if you can, and no it's not all lectures and prayers, although it is fun and educational. lol

sleepy
  • Hey everyone,
    I think ECCYC is a really good expereince. Its really cool to meet with all the different preists and youth, but the best part is really the practical jokes. lol. I hope u guys can still sign up, and if not make sure u go next year.

-Pete
  • in the midwest we got
    Mcoyc

Midwest
    coptic
    orthodox
    youth
    convention

www.mcoyc.org
    [glow=red,2,300]Marina[/glow]
  • [quote author=MarinaIsTite link=board=11;threadid=1737;start=15#msg29646 date=1119922300]
    in the midwest we got
    Mcoyc

Midwest
    coptic
    orthodox
    youth
    convention

www.mcoyc.org
    [glow=red,2,300]Marina[/glow]

hey thats the one I should be going to... cool