Did you think about it before?

did you think about it before?..why is it named the holy week?why shouldn't it be the two holy days?
[glow=red,2,300]1.jesus started his pains on thursday![/glow]
[glow=red,2,300]1.he didn't start at monday,tuesday,wednesday.[/glow]
why do we celebrate pascha week?

Comments

• Pascha week, we celebrate it to remember God's new covenant with us. Because God is the lover of mankind, He granted us a second chance and renewed His covenant with us, He came so that by His death we may have everlasting life.

"The days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they broke my covenant and I had to show myself their master, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people. " Jeremiah 31:31-33

Just as a lamb was sacrificed during passover in the old testament, so God sent His only begotten son, to be the sacrifice for the sins of the world, because He was the only lamb without blemish/sin. Because without the shedding of blood there is no remission.

• PrincessMary, couldn't have said it better myself ;D
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1724;start=0#msg26532 date=1117312597]
    Pascha week, we celebrate it to remember God's new covenant with us. Because God is the lover of mankind, He granted us a second chance and renewed His covenant with us, He came so that by His death we may have everlasting life.

"The days are coming, says the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and the house of Judah. 32 It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers the day I took them by the hand to lead them forth from the land of Egypt; for they broke my covenant and I had to show myself their master, says the LORD. 33 But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days, says the LORD. I will place my law within them, and write it upon their hearts; I will be their God, and they shall be my people. " Jeremiah 31:31-33

Just as a lamb was sacrificed during passover in the old testament, so God sent His only begotten son, to be the sacrifice for the sins of the world, because He was the only lamb without blemish/sin. Because without the shedding of blood there is no remission.

jesus didn't have pain a whole week it was just 2 days
    why do celebrate a whole week????
  • because that entire week was the preparation for the death of Christ, so it's included in Pascha. I like all of Pascha anyways, so no complains there! lol ;)

Keep:Dling
  • [quote author=sandrahanna link=board=1;threadid=1724;start=0#msg26546 date=1117323206]
    [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1724;start=0#msg26532 date=1117312597]
    Pascha week, we celebrate it to remember God's new covenant with us. Because God is the lover of mankind, He granted us a second chance and renewed His covenant with us, He came so that by His death we may have everlasting life.

jesus didn't have pain a whole week it was just 2 days
    why do celebrate a whole week????

Christ was in pain all week..He knew his time has come to fulfill that which he came down for..I think it's enough pain just to know that the time has come for you to go through such suffering..and it's not JUST 2 days..it's all His life He suffered for us
  • Related question: why is it that we say "Good Friday" or "El Gom3a El 3azeema" (arabic), when Jesus had the most pains during that friday? i've heard that it was because that was when man's sins were lifted by Christ, but i want to hear a more reasonable explanation...

Please HELP!!!
    Sinful Servant
  • [quote author=PrincessMary link=board=1;threadid=1724;start=0#msg26532 date=1117312597]

Just a question, but in verse 33, "the law" refers to the Ten Commandments right? And if so couldn't you call that your conscience because if you have the laws within you, you can tell the difference between right and wrong. If I'm right so far then does that mean that we didn't have a conscience before Christ's sacrafice, when he made that new covenant with us. Or did we get our conscience when Adam and Eve ate from the tree? Little confused, answers much appreciated. +
  • As a dude that studies psychology.... I can easily tell you he suffered THE WHOLE WEEK... and you can see how stressed out he was, “And being in agony, He prayed more earnestly. Then His sweat became like great drops of blood falling down to the ground.” This is mentioned in the gospel of the physician Luke... a stress level so HIGH... to the point of bleeding is a lot of suffering... and it did not accumulate in one day... I am sure it took a whole week, if not more...
  • pretty cool fact... i herd from a nursse that wen some people r so stressed out... little blood vessels burst and u can sweat blood but only under extttrreeeeeemmmmmeeeeeee anxiety... it happens very rarely
  • [quote author=Sinful Servant link=board=1;threadid=1724;start=0#msg26573 date=1117343531]
    Related question: why is it that we say "Good Friday" or "El Gom3a El 3azeema" (arabic), when Jesus had the most pains during that friday? i've heard that it was because that was when man's sins were lifted by Christ, but i want to hear a more reasonable explanation...

Please HELP!!!
    Sinful Servant

What more? this is the day that the prophets, the saints all waited for... and when it happened, I am sure it wouldn’t be just called Friday, it is THE GREAT Friday... the day that it is fulfilled, the day my salvation and your salvation was granted... the day my Lord crushed the devil... the day the TRUE SACRIFICE WAS SACRIFICED. if this day is not called Great... than what other day deserves the title “great”?
  • guys...my question was why do we celebrate the extra 3days. ???exert for friday and thursdayand saturday??

god bless you!
    your sister sandra!
  • Palm Sunday: Jesus entered into Jeuraslem as a KING
    Pascha Monday: Jesus talked about the fig tree to the disciples and how it only shows leaves with no fruits
    Pascha Tuesday: Jesus condmened the fig tree
    Pascha Wednesday: Jesus spent the day in beit canen (not sure of tht one)
    Pascha Thursday: Jesus ate the passover and make the convent with the disciples (ie..Last Supper), and wach the disciples feet
    Friday: Crucifiction

We celebrate that whole week, because it was set by the church so we can remember what Jesus did before he was crucified, and for us to spend those holy days in the church praying and waiting for GOOD FRIDAY, where we will wait for our salvation. The whole week was set by the church for us to celebrate even thou the actual suffering was on good friday. Also keep in my mind, like it was said before, Jesus SUFFER for us everyday not just that one day that we remember. Every time we sin, we crucify Jesus over and over again. Hope that helped.
  • but jesus didn't have pain the whole week!
  • Of course He did...aren't u in pain when u know that something bad is going to happen. He knew the day he was going to get crucified in, so He was feeling pain and stress.
  • oh man...i didn't hear that before!
    thanks so so much!!
  • With regards to Mel Gibson's "The Passion of The Christ"...I found SO many things left out, as well as SO many things that were wrong...

Here is a list of what I noticed or remembered:

1) How Christ saw the devil in the Garden...
    2) Christ seeing and speaking to St. Mary as he was carrying the cross
    3) Christ's numerous tortures...I don't remember there being as many as there was in the movie...
    4) The raven who pecked at the thief on Christ's left hand...

That is all I can remember...does anyone remember any other ones? I am sure there are some...

Sinful Servant
  • It was a movie... it has to grasp the attention of the viewers... thus he added many thing... which I can list but it will be a LOT of writing... thus he added things that has meaning... but I read about it some where I cant remember what are the meanings.
  • guys are you talking about the pation of christ i read in a book that he has to do it like that so they can get the people attention and stressed when they are watching the movie and also they have a meeting with the film stars and they all said we were all stressed out while we were watching the movie after it was made!!

[glow=red,2,300]it is just a movie![/glow]