Can someone explain why you cannot take gum or go swimming after comuionion?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
When you take comuionion how come you are not allowed to have any gum or to go swimming at all???? Is it wrong to do this or what. I am very confused???? Please someone answer my question for me!!!! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• that is such a good question, ive always wanted 2 know y
    - so if any1 knows the answer plz tel us lol ;D
  • if you can stop yourself from spitting... then do it... but you will not be able to... thus dont do it at all
  • Because it's haram. When u take communion the body and bread r in ure mouth and remenants of the body and blood are in ure mouth after u eat it. It's haram to spit out the body and the blood of Christ.

when u swim water usually gets in your mouth so u spit it out.

when u chew gum u r eventually gonna spit it out.

alos u cannot eat a lolly pop becase it bring the communion out of your mouth b/c the candy is sticky.

u also can't brush your teeth, chew on your nails, or baisically anything that goes in your mouth then out again that can take the little remenents of communion left in your mouth from you.

i hope that made sence, Nader ;D
  • Nader that made so much sense.. i feel so much smarter LOL but if u did eat gum or any of the other things.. is it a sin?
    God bless
    sis in Christ, makook
  • i dont think you would really call it a sin, but if you by mistake eat a gum just remember to sallow it instead of spitting it out, i would say if you do something un-intenonially just try to recover from it as soon as possible. And no i doubt you call that a sin because the church put those rules so you can have the Euchraist sacrement into you as long as possible and once everything in your mouth is sallowed the sacrement turn from physcial sacrement into spiritual
    acutally to clearify this point the sacrement is both from the moment you take the sacrement but the physcial value of it disappear faster than the spiritual one
    i hope that helped a bit
  • i dont understand the gum part but the swimming i do
    gum can be swollowed , it doesnt make sense why not !
  • because usually people dont like swallowing gum and not everybody is a big fan of it and if you ever tried swallowing one it is a bit hard to do, and since the gum gets all over your mouth it can catch a piece of the Body (a jelwery as THEY are called) and thus you are throwing away a Jelwery.
    i hope that helped a bit
  • lol thanx guys-- i know so much more now :D
  • Keep in mind one thing. These are not church Cannons that were set by the apostles, they are rules that are set as reminders for us to respect the Body and Blood of Jesus Christ. Example: If you had communion today and you are making sure you don't eat gum, it might make you think twice before cursing or swearing. The Sacrement is more spiritual than it is physical in nature.
    Remember, not every thing that goes into the mouth disecrates it but what goes out because it comes from the heart.
    just a thought
  • [quote author=Wasim link=board=1;threadid=1620;start=0#msg25322 date=1116480912]

because usually people dont like swallowing gum and not everybody is a big fan of it and if you ever tried swallowing one it is a bit hard to do, and since the gum gets all over your mouth it can catch a piece of the Body (a jelwery as THEY are called) and thus you are throwing away a Jelwery.
    i hope that helped a bit

i swallow it anyways
  • i think its ok to chew gum if u swallow it. But u better swallow it ;D
  • lol beshoy and lol mazza hehe good stuff guys ;) lots of great answers also that as reelly good coptic boy good stuff ;) :) :D ;D

GB ALL
    and dun forget to FROG

• :o aaah..guys!! dont swallow gum..it takes about 7 years to digest, and it'll create serious health problems for you!! dont chew gum on days you have communion..its not THAT hard..nd if you are really THAT tempted, eat a chewy candy like STARBURST instead.. :P

God Bless
    -Sarra
  • Wow Coptic Boy

That's some great words of wisdom there!!
    i never thought of it that way...

Awesome stuff!!

;D

take care and God bless
  • THANK YOU GUYS FOR EVERYTHING I TOTALLY GET IT NOW!! IT MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!!!!! :) ;) :D ;D
  • good to hear basketball ;)

GB ALL
    +FROG+
    GOD IS GREAT!!!!!!
  • aaah..guys!! dont swallow gum..it takes about 7 years to digest, and it'll create serious health problems for you!!

I watched this t.v. doumentary, and the 7 yrs to digest is only a myth. The acids in the stomach can still dissolve them.

Hope that helped ;D
  • can someone please explain about the gum and the 7 years to digest part again? thanks and god bless all!