Bad music and bad movies are they good for us???

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Is wathching bad movies and hearing bad music a good thing or is it a bad thing?? Should we listen to them at all or just ignore it all?? What about if someone buys you a bad cd for your birthday and there is inapropite music and language?? WHAT WOULD YOU DO??? TELL YOUR ANSWRES AND YOU THOUGHTS!!!!!

Comments

• why dont u start off by telling ur friends u dont want that kind of music for ur bday, and if u got it, keep it wrapped up and give it to someone else as a gift. If u think it's bad, dont listen to it.
  • ok..first of all...music is very effective...it's not the action of listening to that kind of music or that kind, it's whether that music is going to influence u in a bad way. u might listen to a certain song...and forget wut it said in a few mins...or u can listen to a certain song and the song just stuck in ur head and u found urself singing t everywhere and u can't get it out of ur mind. I would consider it a bad thing because u are putting those bad words in ur head and u can hardly get them out...u might even start singing them in church...it's the way of the devil to get u out of important things in ur life...so listen to music tht are good and beneficial to u

hope i helped
  • hey mary i am so happy that you got your password and my reply to this topic is if it is bad so just ignor it
    because you just said it is bad!!!!!!!!!!

your cousin DODO
  • i don't agree with hos erof at all because if this friend
    gave it to onther one it will look so bad and at the same time it will appeare that BASKETBALL is a bad girl!
  • Thanks everyone that really helps!!!
  • i don't agree with hos erof at all because if this friend
    gave it to onther one it will look so bad and at the same time it will appeare that BASKETBALL is a bad girl!

ey, u can throw it away in the zebaala if u want, that's not the point. The point is to get rid of it if u feel it's not good for u. If u give it to another friend who doesnt know the friend u got the present from then there shouldnt be a problem, but this is just details. It's bout gettin rid of useless stuff and preferable not waste it, if someone else can be happy with it, then i see absolutely not problem in that.
  • I am 10..I listen to music...some music are bad...my momy says tht...so u guys listen to music too...YAYAY
  • er..am i interrupting something here?

anyway. u have the holy spirit in you ; u know its wrong obviously or u wouldnt have such doubts.
    so now we have established that its wrong, so what shall we do? hard shmard, thats the righteous road, its narrow. my advice. take it.
  • [quote author=Hos Erof link=board=1;threadid=1614;start=0#msg25230 date=1116435601]

i don't agree with hos erof at all because if this friend

ey, u can throw it away in the zebaala if u want, that's not the point. The point is to get rid of it if u feel it's not good for u. If u give it to another friend who doesnt know the friend u got the present from then there shouldnt be a problem, but this is just details. It's bout gettin rid of useless stuff and preferable not waste it, if someone else can be happy with it, then i see absolutely not problem in that.

but ya know, if u r giving it away to someone else, then they'll end up listening to the bad music!!! so i think the best solution would be just to throw them away..

also one thing my FOC once told us was that listening to those kinds of things make u hyper etc. it makes u tense and jumpy, and you can't sit still. It doesn't make you patient, and we should want to be patient like Jesus was... and ya know whatever happened to that old saying, wwjd? I mean think about it, i don't think Jesus would have approved of all the trashy kind of music around today.

also it says in 1 Corinthians 6:12:
    All things are lawful for me, but all things are not helpful. All things are lawful for me, but I will not be brought under the power of any.

1 Corinthians 10:31:
    Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

so just keep in mind, is listening and watching these kind of music/shows beneficial to me or bringing glory to God? if not, don't do it.

hope this helped!!

God bless u!
    -laura
  • one way to think about it is would you watch that movie with christ, or would you listen to that song with christ? if you would then it's ok!
  • Maybe its just me… but I don’t see how BAD movies and BAD music can be GOOD.
  • no its not u
    i kept thinking about it
    didnt make sense at all
  • u know wats right and u know wats wrong- so u can make up ur own mind :D
  • The reason they are bad because they are not related to christ, i think the correct word should be secular (non-religious or of this world).
    Sin is the seperation from Christ, and when you listen or watch something "bad" you are seperating yourself from christ. So if that's the case then Watching or listening to "bad" things is sinning.

If u got a "bad" movie or "bad" music Cd on my Birthday then u could maybe sell it and give the money as donation to the church or you can (like hos Erof said) just give it to another friend who wants it.

i hope this helps
    -Nader
  • this might happen as well... when you start listening to bad music or start watching bad movies or shows .. u might get addicted to it... thats not good.. the devil is working in little ways but big things are happening because you know, when u might be talking about a celebrity and then u might say " oh i love ..." . Don't forget Christ who wants to see you give your whole heart to him and love him.
    hope that helps and makes sense
    sis in Christ, makook
  • i memba my foc told me once that if u r goin 2 a movie, think, will jesus b there with u aswel?
    wen u r listenin 2 bad music, will jesus b there aswel?
    but wen ur listenin 2 hymns- jesus is there
    wen ur watchin saint movies- jesus is there
    so its up 2 u :D
  • LauraInChrist, Being Hyper is not a sin.. ppl may be hyper for many reasons, one being they may have Attention Defcit Hyperactivity Disorder like me. Jesus wants us rather to be patient while under pressure.
  • but ya know, if u r giving it away to someone else, then they'll end up listening to the bad music!!! so i think the best solution would be just to throw them away..

yes i know that they will end up listening to it, but let's say this friend is not christian, doesnt go to church, doesnt feel its wrong, and has a huge amount of cd's with "bad music", then i'm sure this friend will be happy with it, and u can do him a favor by giving it to him, while ur not gonna use it anyway. Sigh, never mind, lets not get into these nonimportant details ::)
  • I dont know I dont think we should give it to them.
  • any arguments??
  • i didn't mean the girl that gave it to basketball i meant the BASKETBALL the real girl if she gave it to here it will be bad for our sister BASKETBALL :o
  • LOL ;D