edited October 2006 in Faith Issues

Comments

• oh u guys, we can probably find a good and bad message in everything we look at. It means very little. Its not like its even that way in every language. I mean that thing at the right of the screen that says "Live Broadcasts", its not like it really means "Evil Broadcasts". Thats like when people say there are evil messages in led zep. songs. They also think theres a satanic message in the pokemon song. I bet they could find it in commercial jingles if they tried! I used to LOVE led zep. and that was actually the same exact time i was extremely close to church. It means nothing. We spend so much time analyzing the little things and completely look past the big things that really matter.
  • I agree, I think people should start getting a life... or a an efil... but you wanna a cool fact... in every language, Jesus' name starts with the tenth letter of that language. except in arabic, there is a special way for it.
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1569;start=0#msg24819 date=1116082998]
    I think people should start getting a life... or a an efil...

LoL!! for some reason i found that efil thing toooooo funny lol. If we had a topic with funniest posts, that would be number one.
  • word games such as these, dont amuse me, sadly theyre just coincidence, and now pple just go to pathetic lengths to prove satan's presense... in stupid ways lol.
  • ive never pointed that out- thanx marmar
    but its scary in a way
  • aaw MarMar, I'm still a kid at heart too! lol :D
  • I used to LOVE led zep. and that was actually the same exact time i was extremely close to church. It means nothing. We spend so much time analyzing the little things and completely look past the big things that really matter.

I knew you were "cool" (being a republican,etc...lol),but I did'nt know you were that "cool"!...lol...Led Zepellin was the hippest band that ever "rocked" the planet...lol... ;D

But I also got caught up in that whole "backward masking" nonsense and ended up throwing away my "beloved" Led Zep. tapes....oh well....we live and we learn...lol...

I heard one rock and roll record producer say once,"You dont have to worry about secret or subliminal messages in the music you listen too because most of these bands will say flat out what they believe,in their lyrics and on the album cover.If they're Satan worshippers they'll come right out and say it". How true! Instead of worrying about secret or backward messages we should be more concerned with what we can hear and understand, filtering out the garbage the world is constantly bombarding us with(through television,movies,music,video games,etc)than to be preoccupied with silly things like "backward masking,etc.
    I have a hard enough time fighting the worlds influence as it is....By the way,I admit Led Zepellin music probably is'nt the best music to listen to...But it truly "rocked",huh...lol....But as we grow more mature we have to put away childish things...lol... ;)

• Peace be unto you all.I am new to this forum and am seeking some answers.When did the current cross come to be used in the Coptic Church?This cross is not the same as the cross I saw in the older part of Egypt which is more likened to the Ankh.The cross i see displayed nowadays is more similar to the one used by The Crusader or that of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church or Greek Orthodox.Please answer me.peace