Need a little advice

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
I need help on how to control my emotions. More specifically, I want to get less angry at people in general. I know it's a sin but I cant stand ignorance and I hate to see people just waste their lives or live in complete ignorance; ignorance which they embrace.
Basically, it's "Why should I care," or "I'm in it for myself attitude" that really ticks me off.
I.E. where I live and where I go to school, there are these people who probably never worked a day in their lives. They've just been handed life on a silver platter and still complain. I can't stand their whining, their disregard to their fellow human being; it's like they have their own superiority complex and hold the world in contempt because of it.
The funny thing is though that every time I think along those lines I end up debating and getting angry with myself for thinking that way. The whole "Who are you to judge?" thing, or, "You don't know these people to think of them as you do," or finally, my personal favorite, "Don't assume anything."
But still, I can't come to the reality that these people not only live under a veil of lies, but also close their eyes. They utterly refuse to see the world around them, i.e. the poor, the starving, the oppressed, etc, I guess you could call it pride.

(Think that's enough typing for now, any help is much appreciated)
Kyrie Eleson

Comments

• hi I agree with marmar91, that you should hate the sin.. not the sinner..what i think you should do is just talk to them about their complaining if u feel this way.. u don't have to judge them while doing that, we're all sinners..
    chances are everyone's complained from time to time.. no one's perfect.
    But what you should do is show them that there are things to be thankful for, and we should care about others.. for example explain to them if they were poor or lost or hungry, and no one came to help, what would happen to them, then? that the world doesn't revolve around them.

are these people christians? if they are, then just remind them that we should be thankful in all circumstances because there is good in every situation because God makes it that way. If they're not, then just have patience with them and teach them about gratitude.. etc. and try to be patient and think about what Jesus would have done.. wwjd.. lol hope this helped
  • Hello,
    may i ask you what's it to you?why do you look outside to people other than your self and comment or even have an openion about thier lives ?and even if, it should be a simple comment or one thing to watch and learn the proper experience from it. #2 you gonna feel like a king when you don't wish any thing from this world(i'm trying to say: do you envy them ? )#3- you need to get busy with a job or you can study the bible or so.4# Fasting and praying is a very good cure to anger as well as many other things. trust me and try it.finally, ask god for any talants or blessings that you need (either wealth or anger control)god bless you. Thank You
  • Humility..that's all it is..when you're in a pit, would you look and judge your brother who is in the pit with you for being trapped there? I think not..all we need to remember is that we are all sinners and pray that all are enlightened by God. :) It can often be hard but just pray and Christ will strengthen you..We can all pray for each other..God bless.
  • I get what you are all saying and I can't thank you enough for taking time to respond but the thing of it is it's their pride that I have a problem with not them. Take ServentofJesus' example of the pit. What he said is all true but what I dont understand is how my brother in the same pit next to me can deny with total conviction that he is not in a cave. Not sure about the exact place, sry but doesn't it say in the Bible that he who sins against the Son shall be forgiven, and he who sins against the Father wil be forgiven, but he who sins against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven." I remember hearing that the meaning of the verse is that you can sin- which is an act against God which is the sins against the Father and the Son. But to sin against the Holy Spirit is to deny God's work and His very existence; i.e. Pride.
  • [quote author=Luke90 link=board=1;threadid=1547;start=0#msg24739 date=1116037005]
    I get what you are all saying and I can't thank you enough for taking time to respond but the thing of it is it's their pride that I have a problem with not them. Take ServentofJesus' example of the pit. What he said is all true but what I dont understand is how my brother in the same pit next to me can deny with total conviction that he is not in a cave. Not sure about the exact place, sry but doesn't it say in the Bible that he who sins against the Son shall be forgiven, and he who sins against the Father wil be forgiven, but he who sins against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven." I remember hearing that the meaning of the verse is that you can sin- which is an act against God which is the sins against the Father and the Son. But to sin against the Holy Spirit is to deny God's work and His very existence; i.e. Pride.

She..what she said.. ;D
  • don judge your brother- thats wat jesus said. so all i can say luke is u should keep a close relationship with god where its between u an him, dont let the devil interact between this by bringin in these ppl

plz pray 4 me
    cya
  • there r very good answers here well done guys and mazza i think that was excellent
    wat Jesus said was ' if you judge your bother, you are bringing judgement on yourself' so yar pray and talk with your FOC bout it

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Thanks very much
    I suppose it's my own personal battle +
  • give all ur burdens an problems 2 jesus and he'll do the rest :D