is it a sin when you see a wrong picture?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
do you think this is wrong?or just do it to show my freinds that i am a big boy or a girl? to be
cool and let all girls or boys look at me as if i am the best?

god came in a very poor position?

see you next time!!!!!!!!! ;D

Comments

• wat happnd if u dont mind me sakin
  • can you please sent that again sorry i deleted by mistake and please be clear???????????????????
  • Err..what could you possibly show another to show that you are a "big girl"..just curious..and YES it is very wrong to look at a wrong picture..very wrong..
  • Pikhristos Aftonf, Khen O Methmi Aftonf!

Could someone clearify for me... i'm very slow and a bit lost... what's the poll for?

And yes, i believe that looking at a 'wrong' picture is very wrong - accidental or on purpose... either way it should be confessed....

Take Care and God Bless

• I agree with CrazyCopt, looking at a "bad" or "wrong" picture be it accidental or not, is wrong, and must definately be confessed to a person's FOC.

Pray 4 me
  • That is debatable.
    I believe it was Pope Shenouda that said "the first glance doesn't count" He said it in a jokingly manner.
    What he intended was, if you going about your daily life not seeking these matters and the devil throws a wrong picture your way, you have no control over it. What you do from there could be wrong. If you turn away, try to forget about it, etc... then it is not wrong. But if you close it and try to keep it in your memory then that is wrong.
    God will never judge us on external factors but how do we react to them. Joseph was never judged because his master's wife tried to seduce him. He was praised for doing God's will (even though there was NOTHING to say what he would have done was wrong).
    The devil plays an important roll and tries to tempt us one way or the other. We have to fight.
    so, I guess the answer is. It is not wrong if it is accedental. It becomes wrong if you think about it. It is even more wrong if you seek it. No matter how bad you think your doing, He is willing to forgive us all.
    just my 2 P.T. (Egyptian currency)
  • yea i agree with that, if you end up seeing something you shouldn't, that's not the problem, the problem is the 2nd glance, because that is usually the one made by choice.
  • YES IT'S WRONG ,WHY? BECAUSE YOU CAN MEMORIZ IT IN YOUR MEMORY EVEN WHEN YOU PRAYING ,THE SATIN USE IT TO TAKE YOU DOWN, SO SOONER OR LATER YOU GONA MEMORIZ IT,TILL YOU CONFESS AND SOME TIME IT TAKE'S LONG TIME TO TAKE IT OF FROM YOUR MEMORY.
  • Coptic boy is absolutely correct..the first glance is not your own fault but the devil has brought it to tempt you..when you are tempted, you are not sinning..

YES IT'S WRONG ,WHY? BECAUSE YOU CAN MEMORIZ IT IN YOUR MEMORY EVEN WHEN YOU PRAYING ,THE SATIN USE IT TO TAKE YOU DOWN, SO SOONER OR LATER YOU GONA MEMORIZ IT,TILL YOU CONFESS AND SOME TIME IT TAKE'S LONG TIME TO TAKE IT OF FROM YOUR MEMORY.

Friend, that's where your strength that is given to you by God comes in..that's why it is called a "temptation"..to tempt you..and through Christ you shall prevail. So no, it is not wrong when you are tempted.
  • I don't think it is a sin because it is not my fault.You just
    see it by accident and you didn't mean to. :-\ but if you didn't mean to it will be your own sin and you will memoriz it where ever you go! ::)
  • the topic is "is it a sin when you see a WRONG picture"

if you know its wrong, don’t see it... saw by accident and you know it WRONG... don’t do it again... its called common sense.
  • hello all...

its true that if it is accidental it isnt your fault, however, would it hurt to confess it? better safe than sorry....

you still feel bad for seeing the picture, whether it sticks in your mind or not, whether you saw it again or not..... and if you feel bad about it, confession is a good way to relieve that guilt...

so confessing it would a)let your FOC know about it, maybe he can give good advice on not letting the picture re-appear in your mind and let it bother you and how avoid the whole situation over all and stuff
    and b) help you with your spiritual life... the devil will know you're serious about your salvation if you confess somthing that isnt really your 'fault'...
    if you see it accidentally once, twice, more... and you truly dont mean it, but dont confess it... it could be, somehow, a doorway or tool that the devil uses to get you to sin... maybe not the sin of 'looking at bad pics'... but he's tricky... it could be for somthing else....

so save yourself the trouble, and just confess it... easier that way, quicker, and better for one's salvation...

that's just my 0.5 cents again..

take care and God bless
  • what do you mean by part of nature???????????? That part is very confusing to me and you really don't make sense at all!!! and also I ask the question just to vote
    noy to reply by a hole article!!

(GBY)
  • I AM ASKING IF YOU SAW THIS PICTURE ACCIDENTLY OR YOU WENT MILIES TO SEE IT ,I THINK THERE IS A PROBLEM TO UNDERSTAND THE QUESTION ?
    ABOUT TEMPTATION , IF YOU CAN RUN FROM IT .. DO IT ( AND LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION BUT DELIVER US FROM THE EVIL ONE ).

author=ServantOfJesus link=board=1;threadid=1551;start=0#msg24728 date=1116025452]
    Coptic boy is absolutely correct..the first glance is not your own fault but the devil has brought it to tempt you..when you are tempted, you are not sinning..

YES IT'S WRONG ,WHY? BECAUSE YOU CAN MEMORIZ IT IN YOUR MEMORY EVEN WHEN YOU PRAYING ,THE SATIN USE IT TO TAKE YOU DOWN, SO SOONER OR LATER YOU GONA MEMORIZ IT,TILL YOU CONFESS AND SOME TIME IT TAKE'S LONG TIME TO TAKE IT OF FROM YOUR MEMORY.

Friend, that's where your strength that is given to you by God comes in..that's why it is called a "temptation"..to tempt you..and through Christ you shall prevail. So no, it is not wrong when you are tempted.

• ALLAH GHIER MOGAREB BEL SHEROUR ;)
  • i think I mill ask him to forgive me my many sins, because if there not forgiven, i wouldn't be in front of Him.