teen years :S

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
HEY EVERYONE!!! i havent been sayin anything for a while.. miss you guys!!

ok ok.. im a teenager goin through probably what ever teen goes through.. BUT probably like most teens i feel like im the only one going through whatever..
i get really depressed at times and like i feel really alone.. i took your advice in da past posts about talkin to my FOC and u know what... U GUYS WERE RIGHT!!!! honestly i feel like he is the ONLY person that can help me out and i find great comfort when i talk to him... but the thing is i cant see him 24/7 so ya... to all the ppl who know da feeling, plz help...
i get like SUPER depressed and what makes me feel better at times is writing.. poetry i mean.. it really helps.. and listening to rock... :-\ i know thats nut the best solution so thats y im turning to u guys.. plz help.. for the older ppl, try to think back to those depressed and alone feelings...
thanx guys...

C.A.P. :-*

Comments

• I totally understand, i often feel depressed too. The one this is to get to the rout of the problem, why do u feel depressed, and alone? once you know why it can get better, or if you're depressed for no reason what so ever, keep doing the same thing, listen to music, write poetry, read in the Bible, watch a movie to get ur mind off things and most importantly talk about it, it really feels good when you tell someone whats happining, you feel at ease. :) hope i can help
    GOD BLESS YOU ALWAYS
  • i do talk about it but it doesnt really help.. and i've been feeling like this for a long time.. nothing seems to work... ya music and writing helps but not for long.. i kinda need more then that..

• Prayer helps...I should actually telling myself that, but anyway if u open ur heart to God, He always makes u feel better about whatever you are going thru no matter how hard it is and no matter how lonely u feel, God is always going to be your comfort. People will come and go in ur life..ya sometimes we say friends stay forever...but who really stays forever...no one...no one will handle all the problems tht we face each day...exept for God, exept for The One who died for us, the one who really loves us no matter who we are. Ya, everybody heard tht before...but it's true, if u say ur troubles to God, he will give u comfort..."Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden , and I will give you rest" Matthew 11:28
    He said that to all of us, who among any humans says that to us, NO ONE, even if they did...it's for a couple of days..months...even years..but then it ends...but God will be here FOREVER
    Depression will come and go...it's not only teen years..but no...everyone faces depression from the teens to the adults to everyone who lost somthing in their life and feel lonely...but we just need to have faith tht God is always going to be there no matter what.
    God Bless :),
    Marianne
  • wat do u guys get so depressed bout??
    - if u feel jesus within u, u should never feel that way
    are use ok ?? im getin worried now :-\
  • hey CAP...!!
    the bestest, coolest thing to do, is forget bout EVERYTHING and Thank God your not muslim.. :P
    ahah. i know sounds funny, and kinda offensive, but to YOURself its TRUE, and its GOOD to know ;)
    i do it all the time, and it always works...
  • hey every body
    I will tell you something I like it so much..

Think about any thing like the cross and imagen you are standing at the front of jesus on the cross ..!! and bring a note and write exactly what you fell .......

And what you wanna say to him it dose not matter what you feel but write it down...

Now for example imagen your self stand withe the disciples when they sow jesus for the first time after he rise from the deth...

what do you think what was they real reaction at this strong moment and what would be yours...!!!

Write it down and see after that what will be your felling.

I have notes from 1995 I never stoped .....and I will not.
    God bless
  • hey C.A.P.... i think a really good ideawould be critically examining your life n figuring out where this case of stress or "depression" is stemming from in your life. It could be frum certain relationships etc etc. After you know where its coming from you can go frum there in figuring out wat to do about it. If u need sumone to listen to any of your probz m sure a lot of us would be glad to. take care n remember the Holy Spirit within us is stronger than any depression.
  • Hey C.A.P.,

You are in my prayers, many of the suggestions here are great and I'm glad to see many of us trying to help, it shows a real sense of brotherhood and sisterhood in Christ.

And now my 2 cents...well, I can definately identify with you and I'm sure many others can as well. All I can say is STICK TO CHURCH! Sadly I did the opposite and found myself down an even harder more painful road, but thanks to my friends and sunday school teachers I was brought back...and trust me it changed me.

So the moral of the story I just mentioned is, stick to your faith, talk to your FOC (which does wonders for me), talk to your sunday school teachers, they have experience in this, and just stay close to God, by keeping Him infront of you at all times like armour, you will never face an obstacle you can never handle.

Oooh one last tip, listening to soft christian music helps me calm down or relax, OOH! TASBEHA especially tasbeha!

Random babblings as usual brought to you by me! :)
    Hope something made sense!
  • [quote author=C.A.P. link=board=1;threadid=1531;start=0#msg24533 date=1115756328]
    i get like SUPER depressed and what makes me feel better at times is writing.. poetry i mean.. it really helps.. and listening to rock... :-\ i know thats nut the best solution so thats y im turning to u guys.. plz help.. for the older ppl, try to think back to those depressed and alone feelings...
    thanx guys...

hello all
    i havent posted in a hwile bvut i saw your post and saw a key phrase

.. and listening to rock...

(dont get me wong i also listen to music)...but i dont think rock is teh best thing to get rid of depression because thats what its known for letting off emotions of depression ("EMO")
    bands like Taking Back Sunday or getting you pumped like the hard rock bands like Limpbizkit and Linkin Park. If you keep getting depressed i would recommend tasbeha its beautiful especially arepsalin
    thats my opinion
    aghape,
    chris

P.S. The note idea is beautiful
  • Hello C.A.P.,

This is the commandment of St. Anthony the Great to his diciples:

( In every place and at all times say:

My Lord Jesus Christ have mercy on me
    My Lord Jesus Christ help me
    I praise You O My Lord Jesus Christ. )

It had helped me in the past, and it sure helps me at any time I envoke the Name of the Lord .

You can repeat this prayer, either silently or with soft voice if you are alone, many times.

If you use to practise this exercise at all time, it will be a part of of you. It will replace your ordinary nonsense thought, even you will awake at night finding yourself saying it.

It might be not easy in the begining, it just need practise, especialy when you feel down.

We all want to hear from you C.A.P. Please comunicate with us and may the Lord help you and bless you.
  • hey guys... that was all great advice.. and to CopticChris434.. rock isnt all that bad.. its very meaningful.. but its ok.. i used to say da same thing as u b4... and to love4all YES I KNOW WHAT UR TALKIN ABOUT!!! i used to work and NEVER went to church and i couldnt handel that so i quet and started goin to church as much as opssible.. dont worry.. IM NUT MOVING AWAY FROM CHURCH!!! and Mikhail_04 LOL!!! i luv u man!!! ur so jks!!! u made me laugh so hard!!!

im goin to talk to my FOC when i see him and see what he has to say...

C.A.P.
  • told ya i can identify C.A.P., if u ever need to talk, or anyone at all needs to talk, im a good listener :) and im always willing to hElp out :) take care, God bless and GOD LOVES U! *and so do i..im spreading the love!* AND DEF speak to ur FOC! take care :) and smile!

Love makes the world go round :)

whats my point?...oh yah! so if anyone needs to talk just pm me to look at my profile and reach me somehow, a couple of u guys have already *yay new friends :)*
  • u guys are halarious ahahaha ;D
  • aawwww thanx love4all!!! ur so sweet man!! see its ppl like u guys who make life so great.. i didnt expect so many ppl tryin to help... thanx so much guys!!! all of u!!!!!

loads of luv!

• just don't sweat the small stuff (everything but God is small..isn't that great?) ;D
  • ServantOfJesus!!"just don't sweat the small stuff (everything but God is small..isn't that great?)" SOOO TRUE! I like that hehe! and great advice as well :) C.A.P. and anyone facing the same issues, were all here to help! My offer is still up! :D

much love and take care,
    pray 4 me :)
  • and im with love4all all the way if any1 needs anyfen im here
    how r u feeling now C.A.P i hope u r ok ur in ma prayers of coarse. i do no how it feels unfortuantly and it kills and rips and rips and doesnt stop ripping. and its very bad i had it for a couple of months lyk 6 or sumthin it was soo extremely bad farout it kills thinkin of it and i think its cummin back so i need prayers and hunni no dont listen to rok music as chris sed i no u prob think its not bad but trust me the BEST thing is to keep your mind occupoed in these times esp. during these tymes if u listen to rok music u will prob turning away God forbid but u c at these deperession tyms i dunno how bad urs is but ppl think bout commiting suicide and for rok it kills and makes it werse so the devil is playing wit your mind keep focus on God hymns in the worst tym plz plz plz trust me it will werk also if u feel really bad just sit in your room close the door and sit and talk with God plz it werks just sit and talk as if Jesus is sittin right next to you and trust me you will feel Him hugging you and wiping away your tears so in tyms of these spiritual only plz well yar u can watch tv wahetver thas ok do whatever, rite if that calms u down but first sit with God
    i hope i helped if u need anythin email me or add me to msn ill stay all nite if i need to ok

GBU and may He confort u my dear sister
    GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • heys guys.. ya its things are better right now but i hope they stay this way cuz they seem to be ok and then fall back again to like how they where.. the thing is, i dunno what causes this it.. to the ppl who know how i feel, dont u ever wonder what causes this feeling??

• I blame school for all of our problems >:( ...
  • HAHA! Mansour89...funny! I had a comment on this site once on the evils of school! Also had a suggestions of us all dropping out and living under a bridge eating fried boots but no one took my offer!! I wonder why? ???

Seriously tho! How are u C.A.P.? :) I hope you are doing well!
  • Well everybody keeps saying that u should go and talk with ur FOC but what hapens if u don't feel comfortable when ur talking to him. I mean every teen goes through this and even I'm going through this too right now but I don't think that talking with ur FOC helps, especially when ur in my position. No offence.

[quote author=Mansour89 link=board=1;threadid=1531;start=15#msg24822 date=1116085704]
    I blame school for all of our problems >:( ...

Actually for some weird reason, the only place I smile now is at school. I think thats because thats where all my friends are.
    sorry for being so random.
  • love4all....I'm interested in dropping out and living under a bridge... ;D
    To gurl-servant, talking to your FOC helps because he is so wise, he always has the right things to say. Imagine how many people have been to him with the same problem, he's so experienced! To me, it's like my FOC is the only one who understands, and you can be certain he will never tell anybody what you tell him. What more could you want from a man?! lol :P...
    "I mean every teen goes through this and even I'm going through this too right now but I don't think that talking with ur FOC helps, especially when ur in my position"
    May I ask what position?.... ???
    Peace and God Bless!
  • yes gurl-servant i totally agree with u.. school is the only place i smile too.. then the rest of the time im in this crappy depressed mood that i cant get out of.. its like something is holding me and wont leave me alone.. im trying to get it off me but i dont know how cuz my other ways arent working...

C.A.P.
  • It's quite possible that it could be chemical......ask your doctor if anti-depressants are recommended for you.....if the depression lasts longer than two weeks, it is probably that you need anti-depressants (now I'm starting to sound like a Paxil commercial......lol)

I'm going through a major bout of depression right now.....so, as Jesus Himself said, "Physician, Heal thyself!"......unfortunately, Canada is light-years ahead of America as far as health-care goes, so that option is not as readily available to me as it is to you

another thing is to find out what you're good at and keep doing that...you'll get immense satisfaction out of "playing out your role" in life (in fact, that's the whole moral of Ecclesiastes)......

rock?....I like my rock too, but sometimes you have to switch to another forms of music when the emotional times are rough....not even necessarily Christian music (although that would be excellent too)....try something more "upbeat" like reggae or "pop" (I use that term in the looser AMG definition).....I find Paul Simon useful to this end......

Something else I do is this: pick a certain quiet time (preferably when no one else is in the house), go to a quiet place, turn off the lights and put candles on, turn on a REALLY, REALLY relaxing cd (like some sort of ambient music)....and just CHILL (just lay there).....I recommend focusing on your breathing during this time

sorry 4 the long post....
  • hey u_stole_my_name.. actually i do da last thing u said but a bit differently... ppl are home most of the time and i go into my room and light a oil burner thingy (it smells good and it workds with a candel underneath it) and i turn off the lights, open my window to get a nice breez and open the blinds so i can see the stars in da sky and exept soft music.. i blast my rock.. and yes i luv reggae.. its actually my fav. but ya.. ill try the same thing this time but with soft music.. i really hope it helps...
    thanx....

C.A.P.
  • [quote author=Mansour89 link=board=1;threadid=1531;start=15#msg24838 date=1116106737]
    love4all....I'm interested in dropping out and living under a bridge... ;D
    To gurl-servant, talking to your FOC helps because he is so wise, he always has the right things to say. Imagine how many people have been to him with the same problem, he's so experienced! To me, it's like my FOC is the only one who understands, and you can be certain he will never tell anybody what you tell him. What more could you want from a man?! lol :P...
    "I mean every teen goes through this and even I'm going through this too right now but I don't think that talking with ur FOC helps, especially when ur in my position"
    May I ask what position?.... ???
    Peace and God Bless!

the position that I'm in is...well...u know when u really don't want to talk with anybody and so u want to just lock urself in a room cuz people just keep bothering u to find out whats wrong...well yea that feeling
    sorry its hard to explain :-\

no offence but I happen to know that my FOC doesn't have lots of experience with teens cuz he is a new priest and all...so I kinda dougt that he will understand what I'm going through.
    I'm sorry its just that I havn't confessed in a while cuz I just don't feel comfortable with him...not that their is anything wrong with the priest.
    Am I the only one having this feeling? :-[
  • [quote author=C.A.P. link=board=1;threadid=1531;start=15#msg24845 date=1116112219]
    yes gurl-servant i totally agree with u.. school is the only place i smile too.. then the rest of the time im in this ****py depressed mood that i cant get out of.. its like something is holding me and wont leave me alone.. im trying to get it off me but i dont know how cuz my other ways arent working...

C.A.P.

I think me and u are going through the same thing. :-\
    and the worse thing is... I can't make this feeling stop
  • I don't feel comfortable with my FOC either.....and I'm a 27-year-old guy.
  • gurl-servant ya i think we might be.. and ya no matter what u do the feeling doesnt go away.. you dont really have control of it... i have np with my FOC, he's amazing and he is young so im lucky.. he's like a buddy to me so i really have np with him.. but i really need to find something to do about this feeling!!! cuz its drivin my crazy!

C.A.P.
  • [quote author=C.A.P. link=board=1;threadid=1531;start=15#msg24852 date=1116116104]
    gurl-servant ya i think we might be.. and ya no matter what u do the feeling doesnt go away.. you dont really have control of it... i have np with my FOC, he's amazing and he is young so im lucky.. he's like a buddy to me so i really have np with him.. but i really need to find something to do about this feeling!!! cuz its drivin my crazy!

C.A.P.

Well u know what, if I ever find out how to get rid of this feeling I'll tell u and I hope this will be likewise :-\