QUOTES!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey i was just wonderin... u guys have any quotes that u really like or really mean somthin to u... post em down... i love different quotes... wether from the Bible or anything like that... post em!

Comments

• well this one just does it for me Phil 4:6,7 its amazing!
  • ur rite its really nice... ive never actually read any of the Bible past John and Revelations at the end. Like it alot..

Keep em comin!
  • This is may favourite...Heb 13:7.

I got it stuck on my wall in big writing next to a picture of baba Kyrillos.

Also I really like this from one of Anba Moussa' Books..

"Just as sin starts with a thought, repentance also starts with a thought".

Pray for me, all you guys
    Stephen
  • well courtesy of Tasbeha.org i have to say the line 'your yolk is sweet and your burden is light' in Aikoti...really touching!
  • i never understood that part ???
  • i misspelt that, it should be 'your yoke', 'yoke' being the wooden thingie they put on cattle to get them to move in a circle.Basically its restrictive.
  • still dont get it ;D
  • I really like these...
    - know God know peace, no God no Peace
    - 3 nails + 1 cross= 4 giveness
    - ask and it will be given to you
    - BIBLE: Basic Instructions before leaving earth

Also,

Dan Quayle:
    "... I pledge allegiance to the Christian flag and to the Savior, for whose Kingdom it stands, one Savior, crucified, risen, and coming again, with life and liberty for all who believe."

Martin Luther King, Jr.:
    "To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing."

Henry Ward Beecher:
    "If a man cannot be a Christian in the place where he is, he cannot be a Christian anywhere."

John Wesley:
    "Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as ever you can."

GB++
  • hey its me again...i forgot to add 1 corinthians 13: 1-3
    GB++
  • hey guys.. i like...

† May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be †

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me"

I asked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" And He said, "This much..." Then He spread His arms… and died for me!

It wasn’t nails that held Jesus on the cross, it was Love

PBPGINFWMY- Please Be Patient With Me, God Is Not Finished With Me Yet!

There is no life apart from God's love. Therefore, there is no life apart from forgiveness, for forgiveness is the seal, the mark, and the proof of Love. If we say we have love and cannot walk in forgiveness, we deceive ourselves, and our "love" is only a parody of the real thing.

John 3:16 - For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

C.A.P. ;)
  • Hello Everyone,
    Heres a few quotes that I enjoy!!!

"People who take these symbols literally might as well think that when Christ told us to be like doves, He meant that we were to lay eggs!" C.S. Lewis (Mere Christianity)

“There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, "Thy will be done," and those to whom God says, "All right, then, have it your way."’ C.S. Lewis

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body." C.S. Lewis

"Do not grow conceited if you shed tears when you pray. For it is Christ who has touched your eyes and given you spiritual sight." St. Mark the Ascetic

"...But as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord." Joshua Son of Nun (Joshua 24:15)

"Assuredly I say unto you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God as a little child will by no means enter it." Mark 10:15

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me." Psalm 23:4

"Blessed are all they that put their trust in him." Ps. 2:12

"It continues with continuous repentance." 2 Corinthians 4:2

"If you know that you are the Son of God then you will not sin, for a son should be like his father." Pope Shenouda III

“The self is the oldest and most dangerous enemy that fought humanity” H.H. Pope Shenouda III

“The Lord does not drop even the sinners from His care and His protection, for if the sinners were deprived of Gods care, no one would be saved” H.H. Pope Shenouda III

“Always try to raise people’s spirits, support the weak. If you see a person disdained by many, criticized, scorned, and humiliated before them, try to be friendly to him, and if you can, say a good word about him. You can be sure that he will not forget, in all the days of his life, your noble attitude.” H.H. Pope Shenouda III

“I am what I am and what God has made me.” Billy Budd

“A man chooses to be lonely if he wants to be, but lean on me anytime and always.” Billy Budd

“Anybody eva taste this before? Ever been chased by the Lord? Embraced by the warmth, of The Son? To end up with your face to the floor?” -One of my buddies msn screen name

“If you love someone, you would be willing to give them all your heart because no one can love two people equally and that’s why God gave us one heart and not two.”

“In order to find something new, you must be daring enough to let go of the past, can YOU do that?”

I hope this enough for now :)

In his name
  • - lord i call your name and you reply, you are worthy so worthy-

luv that so much
  • by the way its a quote of a song :D

god bless
    cya guys
  • my signature is my favourite quote of the week...I keep discovering new ones i like hehe! watch out 4 next week!
  • he who obtains has little but he who scatters has much,

kindness is more important that wisdom, the recognition of this is the first step toward wisdom.

il add more after school,
  • come on keep em comin!! ;D
  • i've seen this one, in one of our sunday school classes

- Don't tell God how big your storm is, tell the storm how big your God is.

sister in Christ, monica
  • My signature ;D