Blessed but a little Scary

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey guys i just heard a story from a grou of really close friends about anachorites. I really wanna tell u guys, but im not sure, is it haram to take about this type of stuff?

-Pete

Comments

• wats the story?
  • Is it haram to talk about that stuf???
  • well i dunno if i dont no wat its about
  • hi, sup, um what does anachorites mean. ??? Sorry i'm kinda dumb :-[ :-\
  • [quote author=confusedsoul link=board=1;threadid=1517;start=0#msg24324 date=1114987237]
    hi, sup, um what does anachorites mean. ??? Sorry i'm kinda dumb :-[ :-\

An anchorite is basically somebody who dedicates their life to God. I also think solitary living is a major part of it. Monks, hermits, nuns are all anchorites.
  • tell us , otherwise we will never know, and if it is haram, we would all learn form this.
  • [quote author=Mark423 link=board=1;threadid=1517;start=0#msg24325 date=1114988679]
    [quote author=confusedsoul link=board=1;threadid=1517;start=0#msg24324 date=1114987237]
    hi, sup, um what does anachorites mean. ??? Sorry i'm kinda dumb :-[ :-\

An anchorite is basically somebody who dedicates their life to God. I also think solitary living is a major part of it. Monks, hermits, nuns are all anchorites.

Thanx and yeah i think you should tell us
  • I think you mean ascetics not anachorites. I'm pretty sure that anachorites are the truly, amaziongly, Holy people who can "teleport," (for lack of a better term/word.) Ascetics are those monks that go out by themselves into the desert and only come back to the monestary on Sundays for the Holy Liturgy and once a month for supplies; i.e. food etc.
  • ok guys,
    well it was one night after tasbeha and two of my friends were in the computer room typing something up. While they were typing it, one of them heard the sound of tasbeha, but didnt pay atention enough to remembr that tasbeha was over. So after they're dun abouna puts the arms the security system and it says that theres no doors open or unlocked in the whole building except the one they are in of course. And then the tasbeha gets louder with the daf and trianto, and it sounds like nothing they ever heard b4 cuz it was sooooo good. And then they remember that they cant be hearing this cuz NO ONE is in the building. So they try to talk to abouna about it, but he tried to pretend there was nothing at all, even though it was so obvious. So they told a couple of servants about it and they said that they're anachorites.
    And that many people have heard them do stuff like that at our church. Including those friends heard more stuff. Once it was only a group of friends in the church building getting some stuff to take for christmas mass at the new building. And they heard people walking like right between them and doors shutting and more stuff. But im not sure if its actually right to talk about stuff like this, since abouna didnt want to.

-Pete
  • wow...
    im sort of not surprised but ionno why..
    i think abouna dsnt want to talk about it b/c he wants to keep their humility.

They're are some monks/hermits that can hear praises from places miles away about them that can make them so sad and feel like theyre falling apart b/c theyre humility is being taken away. That's why when you go to some of the monastary's in egypt there might be some aggressive, hostile monks, or some that appear kindav crazy or dumb. That's b/c they don't want people praising them.

But then again, i can't say, Maybe abouna is doing it for a diff reason.
  • IF thats true...whic i dont really know ofcourse.....thats so cool....
    i thought that hermits would go to places like a monastery or perform miracles or stuff like that (if u know what i mean!)(ask me if u dont) yeah.....hecticness
    God Bless,
    Jenny ;)
  • i know pope kyrillos is the most common example, so is abuna abdel massieh. I dont know about it being haram, I dont think it is bc ppl do talk about such topics. It praises and glorifies our lord's power. It is added proof that our way is the righteous way. Also, jesus said if u have the faith u can move mountains and much more, so flying and teleporting is just a drop in the bucket.
  • [quote author=awad link=board=1;threadid=1517;start=0#msg24351 date=1115127036]
    Also, jesus said if u have the faith u can move mountains and much more, so flying and teleporting is just a drop in the bucket.

but again, where do u get the faith? the Bible also says.. that to gain faith and perform miracles, its done by Prayer and Fasting!!!!
  • Ok so i guess its ok to talk about that stuff.
    Just wanted to share that story, and Jenny, they were really trustworthy servants from our church, so im 99.99% sure its true.

-Peter
  • i HIGHLY doubt anyone would lie about that stuff
  • yeah right! i bet someone would/could lie about that stuff.....
    so yeah....i beleive ya CopticPete :)
    God Bless,
    Jenny ;)
  • wow that is so incredible
    thanx 4 sharin it
  • that is one of the coolest things i've ever heard; thanks so much for sharing. ;)

• i think its true coz ma fwen she forgot sumthin in church as we were on a camp anyway she went to the church and the handles were overlapping each other as if whatever is in there dun wanna get out anyway she undid them and walked in as she stepped in she heard some1 a lady singin tasbeha and ma fwen just grabbed her stuff and ran i think that would b freaky if u were by ourself but koooool otherwise
    like the same camp so freeky but i dont belive it we got up to do tasbeha in the morning at 3 and it was lyk 5 when it started the mass and i needed to go get a bandaid from the kitchen and i asked ma fwens to cum with me anyway (its really far by the way and bhind the kitchen is a bush its practically surrounded by bush) anyway ma fwen needed to go toilet so i go to ma other 1 cum wit me and b4 i opened the door i heard some1 moving chairs in there and lyk every1 was in church so we got scared and we went to ma other fwend in the toilets and there was a huge bug so I walked outside then I heard some guys laughing those devil laughs coming from the bush I thought some1 was in the orban shed but it wasn’t and the laugh faded into a crow and heaps of crows flew over us and I started screaming and ma fwen herd as well and she screamed to and we bolted all the way to church it was so scary also I saw things during the mass it was so beepin scary but I don’t believe it well I don’t wanna believe it I was telling ma fwens and the go yer coz their mum came with us and that morning their mum woke up coz she heard kids laughing loudly like devils and she goes go to sleep kids and it kept goin so she checked on us and we were all sleeping and she sed in the name of the cross and it stopped omgosh scary stuff but yer I dun belive It was anything

GB ALL
    +FROG+