Right or wrong?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey guys,

I was watching a movie the other day, and a very interesting question popped into my head: as we all know, it is mandatory for a guy to enter the army in egypt if he has a brother. wat i was wondering was wat would happen if (God forbid) a war should break out, and you knew u were going to be ordered to kill? What should u do in such a situation? Keep in mind that this is the EGYPTIAN army, where this kind of service is mandatory.

God forbid this situation should ever occur, and may God bless egypt.

Sinful Servant

Comments

• hi my dear

Jesus said befor give God's things to god and seazer's to seazer(execuse my spiling )

so the war and things such that it's for seazer i mean for the state and government for example.....

and on the other hand if any body at this sitiuation and if he did not kill the enmy the enmy will kill him so there is no choice it's not wrong ..I think!!

and do not forget in the old teastment there was alot of wars by the permation of God...

so God protect us from wars and things like that..
    God bless.
  • Well I only have one verse that I found that just might answer your question.

When Peter cut off the ear of one of the soldiers as they were trying to take Christ, He said to Peter "Those who kill by the sword shall die by the sword"(Matthew 26:52)
    So unless you want to die with the same thing you killed with, then maybe you shouldn't kill.

I don't know if that helped but I hope it did.

God Bless You All!
  • [quote author=emprocious link=board=1;threadid=1521;start=0#msg24394 date=1115327130]
    hi my dear

Jesus said befor give God's things to god and seazer's to seazer(execuse my spiling )

so the war and things such that it's for seazer i mean for the state and government for example.....

and on the other hand if any body at this sitiuation and if he did not kill the enmy the enmy will kill him so there is no choice it's not wrong ..I think!!

and do not forget in the old teastment there was alot of wars by the permation of God...

so God protect us from wars and things like that..
    God bless.

Jesus did say give to god what's god's and give to ceaser what is ceaser's.
    but you should always give to God before "ceaser" aka gov't.
    By saying so, killing is not part of God's will and it isn't giving to to God before giving to the gov't...

i hope ure getting what i'm saying.

also about the old testement wars, God allowed these wars to take place.
    God is probably not allowing the wars that are going on right now because they are worldly wars, contradiction to the old testement where it's a war in God's name.

that's just my argument against emporious's answer, i don't know the answer myself so if someone can answer with good arguements that would be great.

God bless u all.

- Nader
  • ok
    but also we got alot of saints like :

st mar mina , st abo fam el gonde, st felobater marcoriuos, st ekladious and his cousin st george, st tawadros al meshreky and st tadros al shatbe..

they all were a solders in a diffrent times and in diffrent generations all of theme are saints and they also they were a good solders at there armys and some of theme they quet from the army only becuse the presedents of the states at these times start kill the christine people ..
    i hope this explain my point and god bless.
  • dat question was asked in ma church camp once and abouna said that its exactly like work- they tell u to do something u have 2 do it 4 the business, war is exactly the same, u dont want 2 kill but u are obligated to do so- god wont 4get that

and as emprocious said who could 4get st mina who was one of the highest soldiers. didnt he kill?? but he was a great leader
    hope i helped
    please pray 4 me
    marina
  • i asked one of the servants at the church today and he said the same thing mazza said.

So there we go!
  • its all under the will of god- leave it up to him