Palm Sunday

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
On this Palm Sunday, lets wave the palms in our hearts and welcome Jesus in our lives. Just as they rejoiced when He entered Jerusalem, lets rejoice because he wants to enter each of our souls.

Comments

• Hossannah to the son of David!
  • happy palm sunday everyone !
  • Happy Monday Mornin' of the Holy Pascha Everyone!
    ;D

yay, welcome to the future! we get to Stop Fasting b 4 Americans and Canadians!!
    the beauty of Australia! donn't you all jus' love it?
  • i read this on some website before:

"The crowd on that first Palm Sunday strip down the trees to gather branches to cheer his coming. John 12:13 Five days later, Jesus is nailed to a stripped-down tree to die.

As Jesus enters Jerusalem the crowds take the clothes off their backs to make a saddle, and throw cloaks on the road for the donkey to walk on. They take off their cloaks to honor Him. But at the end of the week, they strip Him naked to die in shame and gamble to see who will get his clothes.

As Jesus enters Jerusalem the crowds along the road run before Him crying, "Hosanna! Blessed is the one who comes in the name of the Lord. Hosanna to the Son of David!" On Friday, the crowds outside Pilate's balcony cry, "Crucify him! Release for us Barabbas! Crucify Him!" Mattthew 27:22,23

When Jesus entered the city, crowds gather round him, running ahead, waving palms, surging along the way to the city gate. When he leaves the city to die, almost all his friends, disciples, and followers run away or keep their distance. No one is at his side. "

On this Palm Sunday, may we all accept God from all our hearts, and let Him into our lives, and welcome Him not just with palm branches, but welcome Him with a pure, humble, joyful, heart :)
  • Happy Pascha week everyone!
  • [quote author=kokie link=board=1;threadid=1494;start=0#msg24192 date=1114401047]
    Happy Pascha week everyone!

I SECOND THAT lol im so excited

[coptic]agaph[/coptic]

chris
  • wooot woot

congradulate me everyone! i finaly learned the chant that everyone sings! thonk tati gom ...lol now its in my head. i had a big prob trying to fig when they say emmanuel.. and when they say pashoy..

i was singing as loud as the deacons for once in my life and ive got to hand it to u deacons, thats some serious head trama doing that every sun. lol god be with u.
  • [quote author=awad link=board=1;threadid=1494;start=0#msg24195 date=1114429229]
    wooot woot

congradulate me everyone! i finaly learned the chant that everyone sings! thonk tati gom ...lol now its in my head. i had a big prob trying to fig when they say emmanuel.. and when they say pashoy..

i was singing as loud as the deacons for once in my life and ive got to hand it to u deacons, thats some serious head trama doing that every sun. lol god be with u.

yeah i learned it too! i was so excited! i never used to to pascha before but this year i started and i'm actually glad i wasn't forced into going before because i KNOW that i would've slept or talked. But now i'm actually into it without being forced so yay!