youths!!!!

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey wat types of activities do u host at ur youth meetings or like a youth get to gether with the bishop?? i dunno i dun feel da youth in ma church are like so involved i need some advice as to some activities that can attract them
thanx mazza

Comments

• i suggest maybe you start a music type program. you know what i mean maybe at the beginning of each meeting you guys can sing a couple songs maybe if you know a musician somebody that can play the keyboard, guitar,clarinet,sax ect.... that would usually make it more interesting
    (i myself as a musician would be attracted hopefully it would attract a good amount of youth) it doesn't really have to be fancy all you genrally need is a group of youth and a couple good songs.

hope it works out great ;D

thebrain
  • [quote author=thebrain link=board=1;threadid=1380;start=0#msg22805 date=1112151449]
    i suggest maybe you start a music type program. you know what i mean maybe at the beginning of each meeting you guys can sing a couple songs maybe if you know a musician somebody that can play the keyboard, guitar,clarinet,sax ect.... that would usually make it more interesting
    (i myself as a musician would be attracted hopefully it would attract a good amount of youth) it doesn't really have to be fancy all you genrally need is a group of youth and a couple good songs.

no, i dont think so
    becoz i remember a youth cruise, and we had to go through a few hymns to get the youth singing...
    also wen our choir performs at church or in a hall or something... its only the egyptians who REALLLLLY enjoy it, and all da youth walk out.
    and i, myself wouldent enjoy a youth meeting wid ppl waiting for the singing to finish so the talk or sermon to start.
    for best resuls, go out to bowling, ice skating, a cruise.. etc. and have the talks or lectures before u go out, or maybe at the place.
    sumfin like dat.. :-\
  • it doesn't neceasserly have to be hymns it can be a really nice christian song i know that some ppl don't like to participate but if the song is good and not boring i know the majority will and you know it doesn't have to be anything fancy like the choir for instance who do big performances. it can just be something to get more ppl to particpate in the meeting. i can't you why you wouldn't want to sing in the first, i mean we practically during most of the liturgy. besides it shows more unity and how proud we are to be christians.
    i just can't understandf why wouldn't anybody want that.

hope i helped
    thebrain
  • okay personal advice...stay away from the clichés if ur trying to attact youth...they've heard it all..seriously. disscus more recent issues...i.e. the Life of a Christian in a non-christian society...or Christianity in the Media...they usually make good open disscussions.
  • thanx guys
    thats gr8
    keep postin, i luv hearin ur ideas
  • [quote author=Mikhail_04 link=board=1;threadid=1380;start=0#msg22808 date=1112151991]
    [quote author=thebrain link=board=1;threadid=1380;start=0#msg22805 date=1112151449]
    i suggest maybe you start a music type program. you know what i mean maybe at the beginning of each meeting you guys can sing a couple songs maybe if you know a musician somebody that can play the keyboard, guitar,clarinet,sax ect.... that would usually make it more interesting

no, i dont think so
    also wen our choir performs at church or in a hall or something... its only the egyptians who REALLLLLY enjoy it,

LOL not even the gypos enjoy us 1nce every1 got up and walked out in our face LOL i dont think u were there mazza but it was embaressing lol
  • forgot to mention thnx the brain we do lyk singin hymns we have a lady that plays keybord thnx umm we reely get into it sumtimes we grab the cymbals antriangle and sing tasbeha songs but then a guy walks in then its all quiet coz we get told off coz its "church rules" but yer anything else? thanx guys ur gr8
    o yes mikhail exursion u wish our servants r lazy sumtimes they dont turn up and we run it by ourselves they yes ill stop it now
    frogive me

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • +
    peace and love to my brothers and sisters
    we need urgent help
    we r starting agen by the will of God so we need good topics, stuff to do at trivias, any1 from sydney we need good speakers, etc. anything that will help us please anything will be gr8ly appreciated
    thanx in advance plz help and plz pray 4 it so that the Lord brings more people and we can all serve Him in His name

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • listen 2 wat she said
    WE R DESPERATE!!!!!
  • any1?
    plz help

thnx
    GB ALL
    +FROG+