St. Malachy

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hello everyone, how are you all doing? Earlier today I was surfing the web and I came upon this page:
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/4/3/180901.shtml

I read it over, and was quite fascinated but confused by it. I want to know what everyones opinions on this is, and if he is true, does that mean the world is ending in the near future? It's about the Catholic Church and not ours, so I don't know if we believe what he's saying or what.

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Dear Coptic Dave,

I would like to make a comment on the article you posted. This article indirectly mentions the when-abouts of the end of the world. You asked if this may be true..... the answer to this is you can never be sure. All I know for sure is that no one knows when the time for the world to end is coming. If you look at the following passage, I believe it clearly explains your question:

"But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, but My Father only. But as the days of Noah were, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be. Then two men will be in the field: one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding at the mill: one will be taken and the other left. Watch therefore, for you do not know what hour your Lord is coming. But know this, that if the master of the house had known what hour the thief would come, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be broken into. Therefore you also be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect." (Matthew 24:36-44)

Now here it says that not even the angels know when the time is, how can we be certain of when the time is. Many predictions have been made and all of them were falsified. Now it says in the passage that if the master had known at what hour his house would be broken into, he would have watched and not allowed his house to be robbed. This just tells us that we are to be ready for when Our Lord comes and not to be like the 5 foolish virgins. Again, do not believe everything you read, most of the stuff on the net is misleading and you just have to becareful. Always think to yourself, is what I am reading cooresponding to the bible? If not then do not believe it because the bible is the Word of God Himself.

I hope this answered your question. Please forgive me if I wrote anything incorrectly.

Please keep me in your prayers

Avvaantoni
  • As Avvaantoni said...no onw know the time. The article may authentic, but its validation is not up tp us to determine. I mean he may very well be correct but relaistically the prediction of the end of the world is not something revealed to man, regardless of the level of spirituality.
  • we shouldnt believe everyfin we read
  • Personally, I don't think you should believe stuff written on a "news" website that advertises "Tax Secrets of the Rich, Click Here", "Hillary Clinton Doesn't Want you to read this book" and "Buy Gold Online, that was easy!"
  • haha,
    I heard a different variation of this, only difference is it came from Nostor Damos (did I spell his name right?) all figures to give the article authenticity.
    Fadi, i agree with you though, it seems like its a way to generate traffic to collect money on advertising. DON'T believe it.
    One last thing, it doesn't matter when the end of the world is, who cares, the world ends for us when we die. If the world ends tomorrow or in 1000 years and I die tomorrow, then the world ended for me.
    Just my thoughts (whatever little there)
  • I was just wondering... WHO CARES? Care about your end before caring about the end of the world.