Biblical names for kids

Comments

• lol psalmist yes im sure u wood lol
    veronica reminds me of onions lol ???
    im lost lol

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • I think for a girl I would name her... let's see here...umm.. Demiana, Verena, or Monica.
    Boy: Pavly (Big fan of Coptic names), David, or Bishoy.

In my church theres an OBSCENE amount of Minas and Keros.. Anything that starts with M---- for girls.. Mariam, Marina, Mariana, Martina, Marian, Mary, Merit, Madonna....etc.. ;D ;D
  • Boy:Bishoy ( my favorite saint is saint bishoy),
    Andrawes
    Apanoub(god said if any child is named after him he will save him from all trouble)
    Anthony,
    Athanasios

Girl:Marina,Verena,Demiana and Barbara

aghape,
    chris
  • hey FROG,

NOT everyone named Fadi is fat and nerdy (I am, but I've met a few who aren't).

Personally, I like the following name:
    Pavly or Pavli
    Petros
    Philopater
    Morkous
    Athanasious

Juliette
    Matilda
    Demiana
    Marianne
    Jasmine

• omgoodness sorry but thats wat they remind me of sorry whoever is fady forgive me
    and also verena reminds me of onions too lol im weird

MATILDA!! is that in the Bible??

lol imagine u name your son ham as ws it i forgot noah or sum1 did i forgot
    hay Ham cum here LOL thats funny
    juliette is nice and jasmine is too but r they in the Bible? or saints?
    i can c fadi that u r into the copticness thats nice but wat bout englishness paul, peter, mark, i dont think u can translate athanasious or philopateer

anyway
    GB ALL
    +FROG+

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • [quote author=beshoyrm link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=0#msg22820 date=1112161841]
    you are guys are gonna think im weird
    but i like the name nathanial
    its in the bible sumwhere in the gospels
    sorry i dont remember but i like it
    i also like josph and i like the normal nathan
    lol
    sorry if i was confusing
    lol

g2g

byebye

BeShOy ;D

nathaniel is a really nice name actually!
  • i like 7amada, gerga, 7asanein, abd el mo3ti oops wrong religion...

Zachary, Dimitri, Adam for guys
    Alexandra, Natalie, Rachel, Rebecca for girls
  • for boys : mark , john
    girls: rachel
  • girls...maryann, elizabeth, monica, christina, ann marie
    boys... david, matthew, mike, george, gregory
  • what percentage of names today are from the bible?
    i would say like 60%...maybe more?
  • [quote author=sotirmou link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=30#msg23204 date=1112627413]
    i like 7amada, gerga, 7asanein, abd el mo3ti oops wrong religion...

hahaha LOL sotirmou
    that's quite funnly lol ;)

take care and God bless
  • I think for a boy I'd name him Zachary, I've fallen in love with the name, and I'm looking for a girl's name that begins with a "Z" as well. lol

sleepy
  • how bout sarah w/ a z....it would be zarah :P
  • That's my nickname, even though my name isn't sarah. lol. That's so weird. I never thought about it till now.

sleepy
  • I was thinking about it again... maybe I should call my kid JESUS... hmmm.... I dont know any with that name... hmmm..... yup Jesus is my kid's name... if a male... heck Ill marry a Mary.... wow..

I'm kidding by the way...
  • im like thinkin wow bishoy you are one crazy person
    actually there was a 'jesus' i saw once well his name was 1 i think 2 actually and they were muslim as well
    o well

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=45#msg23368 date=1112906997]
    if a male... heck Ill marry a Mary.... wow..

I'm kidding by the way...

lol I don't get the joke little buddy, but anyways good to know. Kidding and Beshoy is a great name.

For boys names I have always been fond of 4 disciples names: Matthew, Luke, Peter and ;) Andrew

For Girls: Joy, Grace, and Sarah
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=45#msg23264 date=1112734368]
    I think for a boy I'd name him Zachary, I've fallen in love with the name, and I'm looking for a girl's name that begins with a "Z" as well. lol

sleepy

Consider Zouba or Zanbouba for ut daughter. lol :P[tt][/tt]
  • ONE BOY, ONE NAME:

KYRILLOS!!! ;D
  • [quote author=Psalmist link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=45#msg23607 date=1113317918]
    [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=45#msg23264 date=1112734368]
    I think for a boy I'd name him Zachary, I've fallen in love with the name, and I'm looking for a girl's name that begins with a "Z" as well. lol

sleepy

Consider Zouba or Zanbouba for ut daughter. lol :P[tt][/tt]

lol konda sounds like the gypo werd 4 thong witch is zanooba watever is zanbouba a name? never herd it lol

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Ok....I would name my kids after COPTIC hero's of the Faith FOR SURE...i think thats what i want my kids to be A COPTIC HERO OF FAITH!!...and be witnesses for the Gospel that is preached throughout the world...

Possible male names:
    - Athanasious
    - Arsanious
    - Shenouda (taken by me heheh)
    - Anthony
    - Theodosious
    - Demetruis
    - Maximus
    - Dometious
    - Bishoy
    actually did you know there is a pope called hurcules!!(i think)

Possible Famale names:
    - Aghape (MADD NAME!)
    - Erini (love dat name)
    - Barbera
    - Juliana (my nieces name)
    - Demiana
    - Youstina
    - Marina
    But i love those hifenated names like Mary- Anna

Shenouda.

• [quote author=Shnoods link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=45#msg23670 date=1113455682]
    Ok....I would name my kids after COPTIC hero's of the Faith FOR SURE...i think thats what i want my kids to be A COPTIC HERO OF FAITH!!...and be witnesses for the Gospel that is preached throughout the world...

Possible male names:
    - Athanasious
    - Arsanious
    - Shenouda (taken by me heheh)
    - Anthony
    - Theodosious
    - Demetruis
    - Maximus
    - Dometious
    - Bishoy
    actually did you know there is a pope called hurcules!!(i think)

Possible Famale names:
    - Aghape (MADD NAME!)
    - Erini (love dat name)
    - Barbera
    - Juliana (my nieces name)
    - Demiana
    - Youstina
    - Marina
    But i love those hifenated names like Mary- Anna

Shenouda.

maximus- i got it it was glutious maximus or sumtin yar thats rite meening behind area
    let me guess agapi and erine are form our deaconesess lol and hifenated names.... GET OUT OF HERE that kills it o man soo annoying imagine writing your name on an exam paper farout its sooo long

GB ALL
    +FROG+

• | |

|
    \___________/

heheh..... Maximus is a mad name...Aghapi and Erini (yeh i did get them from the deaconeses names) but i love those names anyway!!

If i had to pick i would pick prob Arsanious or Athanasius out of that list.

heheh cant beleive you dont know what zanbooba is??!!

ehhe catch ya lata
    Shenouda
  • lol good stuuf man
    and i so do know wat a zanooba is

GB ALL
    +FROG+
  • Zanouba power. lol u guys are jokes. hahaha
  • [quote author=Psalmist link=board=1;threadid=1378;start=60#msg23714 date=1113576540]
    Zanouba power. lol u guys are jokes. hahaha

oh man
    lemme guess, ur from canada, right? and u go to St Athanasius, St Mary and like 10 other saints church????
  • first ill marry a guy named Joseph (just kidding)

well my name is mary, if i have two girls ill name 1 Mariam and the other Maria so it would be very confusing

or Youstina, Christina, Marina, Lucy

Boys: Bishoy (beloved of Christ), John(beloved of Christ) :)

Or if i get a boy and a girl :George and Marina, so the prince of martyrs, and Marina is kind of princess of martyrs (cause she overcame the devil)
    ...well theres too many names to chose from! :-\
  • actually did you know there is a pope called hurcules!!(i think)

- Shnoods

actually i think theres an emperor called Hercules mentioned on the cross feast, when they discovered the cross, the first time, before St. Helana and St. Constantine discovered it
    there might be a pope too i dont know....
  • Yes I am from mississauga, good guess, and perfectly correct the Church of St, Mary and St. Athansius, St. Philopateer and St. Anthony, and the future alters of St. Mina and St. Pope Kyrillos. And very frequently St. George and St. Philopateer in St. Catharines. Thats my life. lol