orthodox study bible: old testament

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Does anyone know when the study bible in the orthodixs point of view is coming out, they have the new testament, but not old. one other thing is therre many differences between like for example the nelsons study bible and NKJV. thank you and MAY GOD BLESS YOU

Comments

• insha' allah this may.
  • Just to correct Bishoy, the Full Orthodox Study bible is scheduled to be released in June of this year not May. Also WWJD86, you asked if there were any differences between the Nelson study bible and the NKJV. Well they are different translations of the bible and also the commentaries in that bible are from the protestant churches. We do not have the same interpretation of the bible. The Protestants also don't believe in what we call the Deuterocanonical Books. Not many bibles at this time have these books in them, but the upcoming orthodox study bible will have them and it will have commentary on them. If you want to expand your knowledge and understanding of the bible according to your church, I would recommend the Orthodox Study bible. What you have to also remember is that the Orthodox Study bible is from the Eastern Orthodox Church. While we believe in 99% the same things, there might be one or two things that are wrong with the commentary, but overall, it is a great tool in furthering your spiritual life and your knowledge of the Holy Bible of God.
    Please pray for me
    Mina
  • Mina,
    I guess they keep changing the date

Q: When will the complete OSB be available for purchase?

A: Sometime around the first of July, 2005.

here is a link:

http://www.lxx.org/qa_d1.htm
  • thank you for the correction ... lol

yes coptic boy, they keep on changing the dates... because it was may... but guess now its changed to june...

I just cant wait till it comes out.