How Priests and Preachers Enter Islam

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
http://www.islamyesterday.com/videos/priests_preachers.htm

link i found today, of this american priest who converted........
mush 7aram keda..ya3ni?
watch, and post what you think..of these people especially PRIESTS AND PREACHERS.....

MasrII

Comments

• What is your point?

A protestant american priest converts to Islam? So what?

Number 1 sheikhs and imams convert to Christianity all the time. Twice in the past 15 years i believe, 2 of the biggest sheikhs of al-azhar university - the biggest islamic unviersity in the world, became Christian. They had to leave the country for their lives.

If there's any Copt here from South Africa or England, im sure you would have heard of Mark Gabriel. He used to be an Imam of al-Giza Mosque, and an Islamic PROFESSOR, a scholar of Islam, who is now a Coptic Christian. He also left Egypt for his life after his conversion. He has written books debunking Islam, you can find them on amazon.com, just type in "Mark Gabriel".

There was also Muslim theologian and imam Ak-Beket of Kazakhstan who converted to Orthodox Christianity in 1998.

An america protestant priest converting to Islam means nothing in light of all this. Most priests are accepted into certain ministriues without even having a formal education in Christianity.
  • Simple, the devil. Priests and preachers convert for the same reason anyone else would. We have to keep in mind that they are human and subject to temptation even more than we are..Hopefully, God helps them to come back to him.
  • Just remember that you have to justify your choice: that priest has to consider whether he will be able to stick with the choice he has made, or whether he will back out after a while.

That's just not faith then...it's an unwilling conscience.
  • iqbal: true............... bass 7aram ya3ni.......i guess its all about the money............they always try to convert the highest in position, the richest, (unlike this american guy), but whatever he is free...hah if he backs out ...WHICH HE CANT.. or they will kill him...he wont anyways, how much hes being paid..lol

Safe

MasrII
  • ok ....so if u listen to the first part oh his story he said that he was using the church as a business(he did some charity sercice that he kept most of the money for himself) and that's of coursr how he entered islam those guys make a hole lot of mine they even get paid for converting one to islam ...
    being a pastor in churches other than ours is like having a bussiness or a cariear so their first concern is about the money ....
    that guy never left the christ because he was never a real christian ...... but the questian is are we???????????????? ???
  • ok i'm just wana say...what kind of idiot would invite a muslim and a PRIEST to live in the same house hold...and also did u notice how he made the Muslim seem humble harmless ex. well i think that that muslim didn't understand what they were talking about or somthin'..we the good thing is i did think this was very interasting..
    [move] ;D[/move]
  • This story means nothing. first of all Protestants do not have priests because they do not believe in the Holy Sacrements of the Church, which require a priest to perform them. They use the title " Preachers " instead and anyone can have a building calling it a church and advertise about it and this is his vocation.
    Second, if some people " like Saudi Arabia offers millions of dollars to the weak in faith, one of them may converts and this is the situation described in this thread. We Copts should not worry about such stories because thoes who converted were not real christian from the start.
  • heres another random thought what if he was planted what if he was never reallly a christian and this whole story hes telling is a lie hes some american guy who was paid to go up there and listen to his own voice propogate islam

just my thots haha

aghape,
    chris
  • okay, I watched about ummmm 3 sec. oh sorry actully 2 sec. of this stupid thing... ummm the last time I checked, this site we are on is a coptic Christian site... why in the world are we talking about anything else... if I wanna learn about islam I'll go to a muslim site and learn there... but I am just sick of this... almost every coptic site I go to there is a fight about islam, or some mish aref eh about islam... who cares about islam, we are Christians...
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1314;start=0#msg22071 date=1110799811]
    okay, I watched about ummmm 3 sec. oh sorry actully 2 sec. of this stupid thing... ummm the last time I checked, this site we are on is a coptic Christian site... why in the world are we talking about anything else... if I wanna learn about islam I'll go to a muslim site and learn there... but I am just sick of this... almost every coptic site I go to there is a fight about islam, or some mish aref eh about islam... who cares about islam, we are Christians...

one HEARTY AMMEN.

no wander i neva posted on dis thread.

AMENNNNNNNNNNNNN

thanx alot
  • I very much agree. by attacking them 24/7 we're not proving to be better, we're proving to be hypocrites of our Faith. Pray for them dunt bash them
  • I would humbly ask the administration to have the link of the video removed as it is my personal opinion that it will cause major problems for us (within the tasbeha.org community) we lose to much spirituality whining when we should win it by oray for them, therby wining them also.
  • I very much agree. by attacking them 24/7 we're not proving to be better, we're proving to be hypocrites of our Faith. Pray for them dunt bash them

Do you think speaking the truth is wrong?Is it hypocritical?
    Islam is evil.Pure and simple.Anyone who knows anything about the religion knows I speak the truth.We're commanded by God to expose evil wherever we find it.To be silent is disobedience to God.

We need to pray for Muslims.We need to witness to Muslims.We need to love Muslims.As children of the Light we must hate evil.We must expose the darkness at every opportunity.

This modern attitude of never speaking out against other religions,lest by doing so we somehow offend them,or that it's somehow unchristian,is completely bogus and does not reflect true christianity.God does not want us to be spiritual "wimps",politically correct cowards,but rather we are commanded in Holy Scripture "to earnestly contend for the faith"... But let everything be done in the spirit of love and gentleness.

God's peace be to you. :)
  • yea by jfranklin keep in mind, God prefers Spirtiual fruits over Religious nuts. There is a nice way to expose evil and then there is the Christian way. If i'm wrong plz correct me.
  • There is a nice way to expose evil

Is there really a nice way to expose evil?How about the way Jesus drove out the money changers from the temple.He overturned tables using a whip to drive out evil from the House of God.While not all situations require such drastic measures Christians would do well to copy the attitude of our Lord instead of buying into this "namby,pamby" "wimpy" attitude of thinking christianity is all about not offending people.Read the Gospels and Epistles and see how our Lord and Apostles dealt with darkness."You brood of vipers",you enemy of all righteousness and truth",etc.This is a far cry from current,modern christian practice.God does speak about love and forgiveness but there is also a hard side to God as well.Study the life of Jesus.Read the epistles{poor Annas and Sapphira in the book of Acts...lol}.Search the Old Testament.Ponder and meditate on the dealings of God with man.Then pattern yourself accordingly.

And as I said earlier,"Do all things in the spirit of love.Try to be gentle and kind whenever possible.There are times when a christian must be "steel and iron" when confronting evil.
  • People often mistake the versue "Be as wise as serpents yet as harmless as doves"to man that Chrsitians are whimmpy. But our persecution is inevitable...bas again who fight fire with fire, rather we fight fire with water. We fight evil and expouse not with our own human understanding but through the wisdom the Lord entrsust unto us in His Word and the way he talks to us. Bas what do you have aganist praying for them to see the light. You seem to fully hate them, and if you know how to hate then you don't how to love and God is love. I'm not being judgemetal, but all your posts seem so impulsive and full of rage and hatered. now i understand the rage but the hatered is too much...we can't be like them "For you are not of theis world".
  • There are times when a christian must be "steel and iron" when confronting evil.

thats in fath not in their strength.
  • Bas what do you have aganist praying for them to see the light. You seem to fully hate them, and if you know how to hate then you don't how to love and God is love. I'm not being judgemetal, but all your posts seem so impulsive and full of rage and hatered.

I quess you dont really read my posts or maybe it's just that you dont like it when someone contradicts your"notion",your human reasoning,about the true nature of christianity.

How many times do I have to explain my position? Over and over I've stated that we need to love Muslims and witness to them about our Lord Jesus Christ.But Islam,as a religion,is evil,false,deceptively leading people down the road to Hell.

Your problem is that you dont take evil seriously nor do you care what God thinks about it.If you cant express or feel strong emotion about the things of God,or about the hideous nature of evil;then I feel very sorry for you.

Let me repeat myself.Love the sinner but hate the sin.You seem to think christianity teaches "love the sin in order to save the sinner".

My position is based on the Bible.My actions are based on the life of my Lord and His holy Apostles.If you truly knew the power of evil you would hate it with all your heart.But you dont.

Let me repeat myself.Please listen. "Love the sinner,hate the sin".Dont sugar coat the sin.Speak the truth.Pray for your enemies.Love your enemies.But that doesnt mean compromise the truth.Real love never compromises the truth of God.
  • [quote author=jfranklin link=board=1;threadid=1314;start=0#msg22107 date=1110861787]

I very much agree. by attacking them 24/7 we're not proving to be better, we're proving to be hypocrites of our Faith. Pray for them dunt bash them

Do you think speaking the truth is wrong?Is it hypocritical?
    Islam is evil.Pure and simple.Anyone who knows anything about the religion knows I speak the truth.We're commanded by God to expose evil wherever we find it.To be silent is disobedience to God.

We need to pray for Muslims.We need to witness to Muslims.We need to love Muslims.As children of the Light we must hate evil.We must expose the darkness at every opportunity.

This modern attitude of never speaking out against other religions,lest by doing so we somehow offend them,or that it's somehow unchristian,is completely bogus and does not reflect true christianity.God does not want us to be spiritual "wimps",politically correct cowards,but rather we are commanded in Holy Scripture "to earnestly contend for the faith"... But let everything be done in the spirit of love and gentleness.

God's peace be to you. :)

YAY good stuff "sweet 1" i agree wit that 100% good stuff bro

sorri if i offended u psalmist

GBU ALWAYS PPLZ
    +FROG+
  • sorry jfranklin...i misunderstood your post when i read it the first time. I agree with you on most aspects, but every one is entitled to their opinion. Please forgive me.
  • we never said love sin... and I agree with you Jfranklin... but this is a Christian site... its not a Muslim site... when you wanna learn about Christianity, you go to a Christian site... if you want to learn about Muslims, or "direct" them to the true path... do it on a Muslim site... God didn’t walk around the streets pushing people, and when he kicked them out of the temple, it was because they were doing the wrong thing, in the wrong place... which is what we are doing.. Talking about Islam on a Christian site....

Another problem lets say I am a Christian, who just loves God... (which I am) and I see something stupid like that... don’t you think I'll start doubting God... and his Glory... thus a Christian site is becoming a stumbling block... to me that sounds like its something against the teaching of the church, the apostles, and the GOD.

Forgive me Guys… I think we take it too far with studying other religions, but never spend the time studying our own.
  • YAY good stuff "sweet 1" i agree wit that 100% good stuff bro

Thanks "little sis"... ;D You always know how to make my day...lol....You still are and always will be "the cool one" LOL ;)

sorry jfranklin...i misunderstood your post when i read it the first time. I agree with you on most aspects, but every one is entitled to their opinion. Please forgive me.

There's nothing to forgive.You were just voicing your opinion and I respect that.I also admire your willingness to love and forgive your enemies.That is the true way of Jesus our Lord.Keep it up. :)...I hope you were'nt offended by anything I said...after re-reading my post it appears I might have come across as a little harsh.Forgive me.

Another problem lets say I am a Christian, who just loves God... (which I am) and I see something stupid like that... don’t you think I'll start doubting God... and his Glory... thus a Christian site is becoming a stumbling block... to me that sounds like its something against the teaching of the church, the apostles, and the GOD

I agree with you.In fact I didnt even watch the video about the priest converting to Islam.I think it's a complete waste of time and possibly a stumbling block to those christians weak in faith.The point I was trying to get across is that Islam is an evil religion that is leading many "good" people astray.People God loves and cares about.We should never be afraid to speak the truth and expose Islam for what it truly is:a deceptive religion keeping people from finding salvation in Christ.The Muslims we need to love and pray for but the the belief system known as Islam we must hate and despise for the simple reason that it keeps human beings from encountering the true and living God.We dont hate people{all of us are sinners and have been decieved at one time or another}but we do hate a religion that kills innocent people in the name of a false god.We do hate a religion that keeps people from the true God.

Of course we shouldnt talk about other religions all the time but when the subject comes up in conversation we shouldnt be afraid to speak the truth.We need to tell it like it is.After all, christian apologetics is a big part of our faith.We are commanded by God to preach and teach the Gospel to all nations,making disciples,baptising,etc.
    When we encounter certain belief systems that oppose or even persecute the christian faith then we must be ready to proclaim our faith with love,truth and spiritual boldness.If the Holy Spirit is with us we will successfully refute all teaching contrary to the Gospel of God.

I agree with you socoolbishoy.

• hey guys u know what if going to heaven is buy converting ppl to christianity i would study the quaran to conver as many muslems.
    but guess what it isn't .
    if any muslem asked me i will be more than happy to do my best answering them questions but my first consern is to do fruites gets me to heaven .....................................................................................................................
  • well put little Pharoh
  • hey guys u know what if going to heaven is buy converting ppl to christianity i would study the quaran to conver as many muslems.
    but guess what it isn't .
    if any muslem asked me i will be more than happy to do my best answering them questions but my first consern is to do fruites gets me to heaven .....................................................................................................................

The only way to heaven is through Jesus Christ.If your not "in Christ" then you will never enter Heaven though you perform 10,000 good deeds.You can produce no good fruit apart from Christ.As Jesus Himself said,"I am the vine,you are the branches....As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself,unless it abides in the vine,neither can you,unless you abide in me....Whoever abides in me and I in him,he it is that bears much fruit,for apart from Me you can do NOTHING.....If anyone does not abide in Me he is thrown away like a branch and withers:and the branches are gathered,thrown into the fire,and burned".

Any fruit outside of Christ is worthless.If your not actively witnessing by word and deed for your Lord Jesus Christ then you are disobedient to the commands of the LORD.If you are more worried about your own personal welfare{hiding your talent in the ground}instead of doing your best to preach and teach the Gospel of God,then your christianity is a facade,a sham, and not true Holy Spirit christian living.Remember the parable of the talents:it was not the one who hid his talent{selfishly concerned with his own person} but rather those faithful workers who used their talents in the cause of their Master who were commended and praised by their Lord.True christianity is aggressive in preaching the truth of God,yearning that all creation hear the good news of salvation found in Christ Jesus alone.There is no other Name under Heaven by which mankind may be saved.The Church of God is bold in their Divine mandate and the gates of Hell in no way will prevail against them.Amen! God is great!
  • I also read a very nice quote by a church Father, that in the process of saving a soul worry about yours first. i don't remember the exact quote but when i come across it again, i will be sure to post it. :D
  • As St. Paul said,"Esteem others above yourself".
    When we abide "in Christ" we have no worry about our salvation because we rest in the bosom of the" Beloved One",our life is hid with Christ in the everlasting arms of the eternal Father.Perfect love casts out all fear.Therefore there is no longer any condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.

When we abide "in Him" we actively seek the well being and welfare of every living creature above that of our own.We empty ourselves{as Christ emptied Himself taking the form of a servant}seeking to serve rather than to be served;our sole ambition is to be an instrument in the hands of the kind God.
  • If your not actively witnessing by word and deed for your Lord Jesus Christ then you are disobedient to the commands of the LORD.If you are more worried about your own personal welfare{hiding your talent in the ground}instead of doing your best to preach and teach the Gospel of God,then your christianity is a facade,a sham, and not true Holy Spirit christian living.Remember the parable of the talents:it was not the one who hid his talent{selfishly concerned with his own person} but rather those faithful workers who used their talents in the cause of their Master who were commended and praised by their Lord.True christianity is aggressive in preaching the truth of God,yearning that all creation hear the good news of salvation found in Christ Jesus alone.There is no other Name under Heaven by which mankind may be saved.The Church of God is bold in their Divine mandate and the gates of Hell in no way will prevail against them.Amen! God is great!

I agree God is GREAT.

Does that mean I need to go on the street corners and cry with the loudest of my voice, "EVERYONE WILL GO TO HELL, THE ONLY WAY OUT IS JESUS, PRAISE JESUS." ummm if we do that... we are hypocrites... if we do that we are doing the exact opposite of what Christ taught us. Christianity is never aggressive in teaching, or anything else... Christianity teaches us to teach those who want to learn... not forcing our thoughts down their throats.

Also maybe I am not ready, or well equipped to talk to a person about the faith, does that mean I am not a Christian? It’s just like saying a 5 year old will go to war... is that fair? Also does that mean this 5 year old is not a citizen of the country, because he is not fighting in war?
  • I also read a very nice quote by a church Father, that in the process of saving a soul worry about yours first. i don't remember the exact quote but when i come across it again, i will be sure to post it.

When the same Abba Anthony thought about the depth of the judgments of God, he asked, "Lord, how is it that some die when they are young, while others drag on to extreme old age? Why are there those who are poor and those who are rich? Why do wicked men prosper and why are the just in need?" He heard a voice answering him, "Anthony, keep your attention on yourself; these things are according to the judgment of God, and it is not to your advantage to know anything about them.'
  • Does that mean I need to go on the street corners and cry with the loudest of my voice, "EVERYONE WILL GO TO HELL, THE ONLY WAY OUT IS JESUS, PRAISE JESUS." ummm if we do that... we are hypocrites... if we do that we are doing the exact opposite of what Christ taught us. Christianity is never aggressive in teaching, or anything else... Christianity teaches us to teach those who want to learn... not forcing our thoughts down their throats.

With all due respect,since you are my friend and christian brother,I have to strongly disagree with you.Why you think it's hypocritical to stand up and preach Jesus Christ,whether in the streets,in the classroom,the workplace,wherever,is beyond me.I cant even begin to fathom where you came up with that idea.God commands us to preach the Gospel to every creature under heaven,in all circumstances,in all conditions,as God gives us opportunities for the effectual preaching of the Holy Gospel.In fair weather or foul,in time of peace or time of war,under threat of persecution or with complete sanction by those in authority,God commands all christians to witness,preach and teach the Good News of Jesus Christ.Have you ever read the book of Acts? Did not the blessed Apostles,evangelists and oher men of God not preach the gospel of God at every opportunity?Did Paul preach only in snyagogues or did he not preach Christ by the river{a few women;the woman Lydia recieving Christ},on Mars Hill,in rented teaching halls{classrooms of Greek rhetoric,etc.}before councils,kings and govenors,a jailer and his family,before crowds of pagan greeks{who proclaimed Paul and his companion greek gods...lol}etc,etc,etc.The fact is that all the Apostles,evangelists,teachers,preachers,men and woman of God,proclaimed Jesus Christ whenever and wherever they could.The Word of the Lord prevailed mightily.The Gospel was spread far and wide.THE EARLY CHRISTIANS NEVER WAITED TO SHARE THE GOSPEL OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST.They preached boldly the message of salvation everywhere with great effectiveness and power.They were co-workers with God fullfilling the Divine mandate "that all men everywhere should repent and turn to the living God".They were not passive but were like the servants inthe parable{speaking of God}who's master commanded them to COMPEL people to come to His banquet feast.I dont know where you get the idea that christianity is passive.True christianity is never passive or complacent because God desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.The word of God says,"How can they believe unless they hear the preaching of the Word,and how can they preach unless they are sent".All christians are sent by God to proclaim and witness the Gospel of Christ by word and deed.In season and out.

Your attitude displayed on the subject does not conform to Apostolic teaching nor to the missionary activity of the christian church during the last 2000 years.Jesus said the end will come when His Gospel is preached to every nation.By your standard the end will never come.I say that with all due respect and brotherly love in the spirit of correction. God bless.Prosper in all things.The peace of God be with you my brother. :)