coptic match....com!!!!!!

edited December 1969 in Introductions
Hello every one!
a friend of mine told me about a site called (copticmatch.com) i thought in the beginig he was kidding but he wasn't .
i'm single 25 y.o that can't wait to have a wife and kids but i never thought such a sercice can exist for coptics..
i like the idea and i don't see any reason for it to be againest our religion speciouly that i ben told that ava mouses knows about it...question is what do u guys think about it

Comments

• UMMMMM... WOW... actually I think the age should be older than that... it starts at 18... I think it should be much older... like 25.. as they do on other christian mating sites.
  • i think u r right bisho what would an 18 y.o. look for in this site ?
    a girlfriend ? [move][/move]
  • o man lol i'm not liking this. I just don't think thats the way it should work! You're supposed to just.......... (thinks of sleepless in seattle)...see someone you like, get a feeling about them, maybe ask them out for a drink...not dinner yet because halfway through dinner you may be very sorry you asked them in the first place..... (and end thinking of sleepless in seattle).

but yeah... i think that seems more natural. You make all these decisions that seem to mean little and then one day you order lunch and bam you meet the one :)
  • Lol mister cremedelescremes u wanna bye her a drink huh?
    so u don't wanna meet her in a coptic website to match coptic singles but u ok to meet her in a club...
    i'm not 100% with copticmatch thing but i'm 100 % againest the drink unless u wanna bye her a can of diet cocke with lime lol
  • whoa . no. first of all, i'm a girl. second of all, by drink, i meant like coffee or a frappucino at barnes and noble or borders or something. i didn't even THINK that clubbing or alcoholic drinks would be what someone got from that. My point is... you have to really talk to someone to really know what they're like and you can't go after marriage, marriage has to come after you. Don't go out searching for the right person. Go along with your life and one day you'll find them.
  • Oooops cremedelescremes
    i'm sorry didn't got what u meant from the first time but if that what u wanted to say then i agree with you.
    i owe u a cup of coffe and barnes and nobels is my favorite place .and i also think it's the best place for such a thing .
    but yet u didn't tell me why not the net u can chat online as well and save urself 3.95 $ for the mochachino lol
  • UMMMMM... WOW... actually I think the age should be older than that... it starts at 18... I think it should be much older... like 25.. as they do on other christian mating sites.

I hope you meant dating.

But now on the topic, I think that the age requirement should be 23. I mean for the guys it should be 23. This allows the guys to graduate from college first. It can be lower for women who have their academic life solidified. But even then it can still be considered wrong. People will go into this site who think they will find a match right away, that most likely will not happen. I dont think God needs the help of the internet to reveal the person he has selected for us.
  • Oh my goodness thats hilarious!..i mean um yeah ;D
  • Andrew u r right god doesn't need help but u still have to try to find the right girl for u....
    i'm asking god to send me the right girl whom he thinks is the right one for me but she is not gonna knock my door
    -knock knock god has sent me to u !!!!!!
    nad he is not gonna send her name and phone num to ur e_mail address
    -u got mail
    lol
  • u know what its allll goood up in here lol ;)
  • wow ;D coptic match lol i gtg check it out. lol
    would u guys do it???????????? ;D ;D ;D
  • :D Well, it seemsl like there is a match service for just about everybody!!! I suppose there is a lot of money to be made off of such stuff, and they will take 18 year olds, for they are of the age of majority, i.e., they're old enough to make a contract! And they want to have as many as possible. I've noticed they have a lot more men than women, which is a bit odd. However, more men typically are adherents to orthodox Christianity than women, which would easily explain this. However, some of the more secular businesses such as E Harmony .com, has more females than men. I'm about 31, and have tried that stuff, and it was a waste of time. I think as men, we should be patient and pray about the situation, especially when the divorce rate is so high. The risk is really great. I think it should be emphasized that a single life can be closer to God than the married life. Celibacy is a blessing. It's just tough to realize when one is in their twenties, and has the need for companonship. However, we should turn to God to have Him fulfill those needs. Take care! ;)
  • yea guys...what happened to our good old belief that God will bring us to that person. If you believe in that...why do you need a website. Since the Orthodox Church believes in that, why would they have a site for this? These sites are not run BY our church, they only use its name to help advertise. Although Bishop Moussa may know about this, it doesn't mean he approves of it.

..just an opinion
  • [quote author=Paulh link=board=6;threadid=1291;start=0#msg21605 date=1109911076]
    yea guys...what happened to our good old belief that God will bring us to that person. If you believe in that...why do you need a website. Since the Orthodox Church believes in that, why would they have a site for this? These sites are not run BY our church, they only use its name to help advertise. Although Bishop Moussa may know about this, it doesn't mean he approves of it.

..just an opinion

Bravo. Bigad Bigad.

Uh… this definitely isn’t how I plan on getting married…
  • i'm asking god to send me the right girl whom he thinks is the right one for me but she is not gonna knock my door

This is not something to pray about. It is more of a trust thing, that you trust god's judgement about when and whom to marry. One should just keep this kind of thing on the back-burner so to speak until one is prepared. Of course I dont think that this person will just popup on my front door and say God has lead me to you (although that would be alot easier on my part). There will have to be a search and he will lead you to this person.
  • K, first question.. How do i start a new thread or topic? I'm sure it's here somewhere but can't find it.

About CopticMatch.com.. i haven't decided yet if i like the idea or not.

Like many have hinted at previously, marriage, like priesthood, monkhood, celibacy and other life styles is a calling from God. Everyone is called by God to follow a certain life.

You're all right that marriage is just supposed to happen naturally, meeting the person and the such. But many of us actively look for potential spouses. Whether in church, work, school, or out in the world (church being preferrable here, lol). (Actually, in my church we call the youth meeting the "singles and looking to get married" meeting, as a joke).

This Coptic site is just one more way of actively looking for a spouse. Just because its a new method that involves new technology doesn't make it worse, it's just a different way to do the same thing. Only difference is that its a very obvious way.

I think as orthodox we're used to doing things the traditional way (orthodox means traditional or unchanging). And this site is not very traditional.

I'm curious to see how many ppl will sign up to this thing though.

Sorry to bore you all on my very first post! :o)

Now back to my original question, how do you start a new topic??

The Servant

For the record, i have nothing to do with that site. If you looking for a Coptic store however, go to CopticCenter.com (hehe.. had to add that in). God bless you all.

• First of all, Welcome to our humble establishment called Tasbeha.org TheServent.(lol i crack myself up sometimes)

To start a new topic go to the home page click on forums, then click on one of the subdivisions on the new page and it should give you a list of topics that are currently started. If you look in the upper margin there will be a new topic button where you can start any topic you want within certain limits.

No it was not a bore, we are happy to answer any questions.

This is fair warning, this site can get addictive. See Im on this site at one o'clock in the morning. Actually i am writing a paper and taking a little break.

God bless
  • As some of you know me by now, I like to add in my 2 cents every once in a while. Here ýthey are:ý

someone told me about that (which is different than copticsingles.com that has all kinds ýof people on there). So basically this is the same way that Teta used to do it in the old age ýonly now we use e-mail, lol. ý

Call me old fashion (go ahead, call me old fashion, I am waiting, lol) but I believe that ýthe best way to get married is you already know someone (male or female) from church ýor a related activity. you become good friends, and if it is the will of God, you move on to ýthe next step. I have seen people get married this way and they are some of the best ýcouples I know. You already know the person, when your friends, you usually don't try ýto impress or put your best foot forward like if you are going on a date. You see these ýpeople in their "Natural" state. ý

Topper, I agree with all what you said except one thing ý
    ý

I've noticed they have a lot more men than women, which is a bit odd. However, ýmore men typically are adherents to orthodox Christianity than women, which would ýeasily explain this.

ý
    I don't think that the percentage is off because of lack of spirituality on the ladies part, I ýthink its more of a cultural thing. Egyptian women are rarely in pursuit of marriage on ýtheir own or (for a lack of a better word) go after a guy. Here in the US that is different.ý

Again, just as I mentioned earlier, these are my 2 cents...ý
  • I don't think that this website is the right thing to do to look for a LIFE PARTNER .. you need to know the person, go out together(not dating you have to be "at least" engaged to be able to go out together) talk, discuss stuff, get to know what the other person likes and what he doesn't like, internet or e-mail won't give you that chance, that's not how the christian way should be. you don't have to meet the person at a club to know that s/he is the right person for you or meet the person at church to know that s/he is the right person for you. Don't rush it..if you are 25 or even 30 or 35..what is the big deal?God knows who is the right person for you, and someday, sometime, he will put this person in front of you so you can know him/her and your job starts from this point.
    God bless you all and goodluck.
  • Don't rush it..if you are 25 or even 30 or 35

I hope it wont take until 35 for me. ;D

GB
  • Internet relationships ehhh?! Its a nice thought, but not a practical one. Especially for copts...I'm sure we're all familiar with the Egyptian parents menatlity when they hear abou this. "in your grandbarents day, zay didn't get married srow za internet or whoever zeywanted, it was arrrrangeed" lol ;)
  • OK guys how are u again ?
    i don't think i made myself clear from the beginig by beeing interrested in discussing this topic i don't mean that this is the best way to do it but it's just another way to meet ppl get to know them and if god well ,u may like them and get married .
    let's say i met a girl in this web site ,i will talk to her as a friend get to know her and perhaps meet her and may be fall in love with her .... i agree that this could happened any where else such as church or college but the only difference in this web site u won't have to wonder if she/he is ready to get into a serious relationship or not or may be looking for one ...............
    CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG ,I DON'T MIND IT.....
    THANX
  • I actually agree with u...plus I think some people are more open and honest talking over the net or phone than person to person...maybe tht's just me...but ya.

• right mariann and beeing honest is the most important thing in any relationship so i agree with u too
  • ya...and I think whoesever is starting a relationship...should first be friends with tht other person..and be honest with them...before they actually get into something and start a relationship. Too bad I knw...most of those relationships don't last due to people having a hard time get to see each other....
  • mansour that's a great artical thanx for charing it
  • ??? I'm almost 23 and I truely believe that God will send me the right person when he feels that I am ready for that step but others, like my cousins, have been saying that I should take my own action and start looking, not that they don't believe in God's will, but they keep saying that you can't sit back and let God do everything. They are telling me that he will help but not do it all and I disagree, I think that in this case, in regards to marriage, he will do it all because it's his will. I don't think that I have to go look, I believe that God's will for marriage comes straight from him. But see here's the dilemna, me being a girl ;D, I don't think that I should go look, I think I'll be approached and I will act upon that approach when I feel that it's from God. What do you guys think? Should women and men search, should men be the only ones searching, or should we just leave it completely up to God. :-\
  • Personally, I'm not getting ahead of myself..if God wants me to get married..then so be it..the person won't come knocking on my door but I'm sure if God wants it, it will happen someway..marriage isn't a bond between man and woman..it's man, woman, and God..so I think we should leave it up to God then..besides, we can make wrong choices, He can't :) I don't like that site.. :-X
  • :D Wow that was a good response. Thanks, I agree with you.