More than we can handle

edited March 2005 in Faith Issues
Why does God give us more than we handle? At least He gave me more than I can handle...I don't want to loose faith or be hopless...but I don't know what can I do??

God bless...in need of a lot of prayers,
Marianne

Comments

• GOD NEVER GIVES US MORE THAN WE COULD HANDLE... he knows what you could handle and cant... and he gives you as you could handle.
  • He just gave me more than I can handle... :'(
  • he knows you can handle it... that is why he gave it to you.
  • u will not understand something until u experience it...
    I don't want to put this post as a debate....i just need a lot of prayers from the members in here.
    God Bless,
    Marianne
  • I SHALL PRAY... and through the prayers of saint bishoy... and saint John the short, and saint paul of tamooh, and saint paul and saint anthony... may all the choire of saints pray for you infront of the holy Trinity united.
  • Thank you it means a lot, and things actually looking better.
    God Bless,
    Marianne
  • Marianne, obviously, God knows you more than you yourself do :) He sees a greater strength in you than you yourself see. As Bishoy said, God never gives us more than we can handle. God bless.
  • Here is somthing i found in my inbox
    i hope u all enjoy!

Give Me Strength, God

For days I struggled to find my equilibrium. I poke to Carol on the phone, but couldn't see her because she was taking care of Timothy. When
    I slept I would sink into nightmarish delusions that I was still in surgery, the bright lights shining over my draped body. When awake, I hobbled slowly from bed to chair to bathroom. The muscles on ones side of my face remained paralyzed. My smile was half a frown, I could only
    open and close one eye, and I made sucking sounds when I ate. All the while in the back of my mind I wondered, "What did the surgeon take out of me? How big was the tumor? Was it malignant?"

The doctor, when I called him, was quietly reassuring. "It was a very large tumor going through your facial nerves; it must have been growing for a long time. But don't worry, your nerves are only bruised. The feeling will come back to your face. Give it time." "And the biopsy?"
    "Don't worry. We will know in ten days."

I could not wait. I did not want to wait for the lab test results or the natural healing of my nerves. I had no patience with ill health. And I felt I had a very good reason to get back to normal quickly. I could hear myself argue with God: "Get me well now! My family needs me!" Here was a moment, more than any I've ever had, when I could readily
    empathize with Christ in the garden, suffering, in agony before His mockery of a trial and crucifixion: "Father remove this cup from me."

And yet, I couldn't imagine saying the words that followed those: "Nevertheless not my will, but thine be done." Everything in me screamed
    out no objection, "Don't I know, Lord, what's best for me? I can't wait!" Where could I find the strength to persevere?

Then I looked again at the scene of Christ in the garden: "And there appeared an angel unto him from heaven, strengthening him" (Luke22:43).
    God doesn't always remove us from suffering. He walks right through with us, lending His superhuman strength.

"GIVE ME STRENGTH, GOD, WHEN MINE IS GONE."
  • I guess sometimes I blind on the good things that God put in my life, and the things that He replaces when I am going through tough time, that I start blaming it on God and start questioning my faith, forgetting that everything happens for a reason, and there is a time for everything under heaven.
    Thank you,
    Marianne
  • Hey, just remember st. Paul. The greatest of all the Apostles in labour and in faith. When he was carrying his thorn in his body, and he asked God to take away his cross, the Lord reponded saying. "My GRACE is sufficent". Even more important example is Christ in Gethsamnee. "Father take away from ME this chalice, if THOU wilt, but let it be according to THY WILL". The Lord knows our strength and our weakness, and He will carry us and we will soar on the wings of an eagle (psalms). Pray for me.
  • Things keep getting worse..and I don't feel like anyone cares about what I am going through. I know many people have asked, and shared some great words with me, but I am talking about the people who I thought that they will always care, the people I trusted the most, the so called "real friends"...who leave at the most time u need them. I want to change my attitude and look at the bright side of things, but that doesn't happen, because theings keep happening and bringing me down. I feel like God doesn't love me, me, His child. I don't want to feel that way, and I want to believe that He does love me, and will not put me through hard time, but I have a hard time, and doesn't look like it's going to change soon. Sometimes, I even believe that God is punishing me for all the wrong I did, and then I look at everyone else, and they did more horrible things than I did (Everyone have the right to criticize me for this judgement...I don't mind it)...

sinner
  • God loves you... when I played football my coach use to always yell at us, made us work harder, and somebody went up to him and told him, "why do you yell at us so much?" and the coach responded with, “I want you guys to be the best" and that is what God does, he yells some times pushes us to do some things, but he is doing it because he loves you.
  • You know what! I'm not going to mention God in the actuall message, but I'm gonna tell you what HE expects.

Everyday you have 3600 to make the best of it (3600 sec) to increase your relationship with others, and to smile. One of the saints said "a day without prayer, should not be counted" but we need to rephrase that saying "a day in which we carrie a grudge for longer than an instant, should not be counted". Stop, Pray, and use your left over chance in that day to make the best of it. You'd be surprised what a simple disscusion, can do, expecially when Creator is its referee.
  • All ur words are great....just wanted to share something I got from a friend when i was going through rough time...and yeah i couldn't help but read it when i am going through even harder time than before...but then i realized i am on the other side of these things...(the worse part)...but I keep telling myself things could be worse...
    MEMO FROM GOD
    to: YOU
    Date: TODAY
    Subject: YOURSELF
    Reference: LIFE
    I am God. Today I will be handling all of your problems. Please remember that I do not need your help.
    If life happens to deliver a situation to you that you cannot handle, do not attempt to resolve it. Kindly put it in the SFGTD (something for God to do) box. All situations will be resolved, but in my time, not yours.
    Once the matter is placed into the box, do not hold onto it by worrying about it. Instead, focus on all the wonderful things that are present in your life now.
    If you find yourself stuck in traffic; don’t despair. There are people in this world for which driving is an unheard of privilege.
    Should you have a bad day at work; think of the man who has been out of work for years.
    Should you despair over a relationship gone badly; Think of the person who has never known what it's like to love and be loved in return. :'(
    Should you grieve the passing of another weekend; think of the woman in dire straits, working twelve hours a day, seven days a week to feed her children.
    Should your car break down, leaving you miles away from assistance; think of the paraplegic who would love the opportunity to take that walk :'(.
    Should you notice a new grey hair in the mirror; think of the cancer patient in chemo who wishes she had hair to examine.
    Should you find yourself at a loss and pondering what is life all about, asking what my purpose is? Be thankful. There are those who didn't live long enough to get the opportunity.
    Should you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities; Remember, things could be worse. You could be one of them :'(

God Bless,
    Marianne
  • WOW THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL :o :'(

thx for sharing

aghape,
    chris
  • Marianne87, that was awesome!!

thanks for sharing it!! ;D

take care and God bless
  • [quote author=Marianne87 link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=0#msg21754 date=1110240370]
    Why does God give us more than we handle? At least He gave me more than I can handle...I don't want to loose faith or be hopless...but I don't know what can I do??

God bless...in need of a lot of prayers,
    Marianne

God never does give us more than we can handle. It states it in Corinthians 10:23 I believe. He knows us, and he gives us what can challenge us maybe, but never more than we can handle because he's a loving God. Just like our parents. When they come to give us more responsibilities in life, they do it gradually giving us what they know we can handle when we put our mind to it. God loves us even more, so what would he do for us?

sleepy
  • :'( :'( :'( aawww that’s sad don’t say u don’t have any one to look up to wat u talking bout??? u got lots of brothers and sisters on this site and I am sooo 1 of them if u need sumtin talk to me plz

yes, God doesn’t give u sumtin u cant handle but also remember every second of your life God is testing u seeing if u really will do what He expects u to do in this case whatever it is He is testing ur patience remember PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE here is a story I don’t know if u heard it before, there is a poor guy and he doesn’t have anything besides a wife and a cow and they get milk and everything from the cow because they r really poor and cant afford anything 1 day they woke up with the cow dead and they were sooooo upset coz they were poor and everything and that’s the only source for the food and an angel was talking to the 1 that killed it and said why did u do that? And the angel said I was supposed to take his wife instead I took the cow

U c they didn’t know that, but God did, and u don’t know what God wanted but sacrificed it and put this instead so be happy and SMILE!!!! :D :D

Its ok we will all pray 4 u as we are 1 body and if 1 member suffers, the whole body does, isn’t that rite guys? ;)
    So we will all pray 4 u
    And may u be better and grow stronger in the Lord :) ;) :D ;D

Now don’t ever forget we all love u and if u don’t feel it God never stops loving his child ;)

Rabena ma3aki and every1 else :) ;) :D ;D :-* :-*
    From ur sista FROG
    I LUV USE ALL

p.s. that poem is cool nd :'( and that other 1, 1 of the Mikhail’s showed us thanks a lot u guys rock ;) :) :D :D ;D ;D :-* :-* :-*
  • a great example in the Bible where things kept getting worse and worse was the story of Joseph. Joseph was steadfast in the faith and remained faithful to God throughout his tribulations although he could have just gave up. he had every right to lose faith and sin, but God rewarded him and after all his suffering he became pharoah

God knows what we can handle and He may sometimes lead us through a different course than we expect, but He never leave us, but carry us through the tough times. just remember the poem "Footprints." im sure u've all heard it, but ill post it neway cuz its a beautiful story that we all need to be reminded of sometimes...especailly if we are goin throu a tough time...

FOOTPRINTS
    One night I dreamed I was walking along the beach with the Lord.
    Many scenes from my life flashed across the sky.
    In each scene I noticed footprints in the sand.
    Sometimes there were two sets of footprints,
    other times there was one only.
    This bothered me because I noticed that during the low periods of my life,
    when I was suffering from anguish,
    sorrow or defeat,
    I could see only one set of footprints,
    so I said to the Lord,
    “You promised me Lord,
    that if I followed you,
    you would walk with me always.
    But I have noticed that during the most trying periods of my life
    there has only been one set of footprints in the sand.
    Why, when I needed you most, have you not been there for me?”
    The Lord replied,
    “The years when you have seen only one set of footprints,
    my child, is when I carried you.”

:)
  • Another good example from the Bible is the story of Job. Things kept getting worse and worse, but he still kept his faith for God, and he made things better.

sleepy
  • one thing my bible teacher told me is that everything that happens in life is an opportunity for you to grow in Christ.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18(NIV)
    Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.
  • ;D Thanks guys for ur prayers....I am a whole lot better now...God...just did miracles....O my God...so happy...THANK U GOD THANK U GOD...Thanks for all the people who prayed...God just made me happy again...I know I don't deserve all of that bc I doubted him before...but it's all good now...thanks again
    God Bless,
    Marianne
  • God is da bomb... lol kidding.. but see there is a reason for everything. God put some hard time in your life, so that you may succeed, and just praise him, just like you did now... praise GOD.
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21959 date=1110581295]
    God is da bomb... lol kidding..

ok so ur saying he isn't "da bomb"...hmmm...courious
  • [quote author=confusedsoul link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21961 date=1110586614]
    [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21959 date=1110581295]

yeh wat r u trien to say socoolbishoy?
    huh?
    well now im sain u r not 'socool'
    we shold start callin u

socool 'wannabe' bishoy

lol jokes.
  • hi all i know iam a little late on this topic but i wanted to share one of the best verse that keeps me strong all the time ;)

[glow=red,2,300]"God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it" (1Cor 10:13). :)[/glow]
  • [quote author=Mikhail_04 link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21962 date=1110594015]
    [quote author=confusedsoul link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21961 date=1110586614]
    [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21959 date=1110581295]

yeh wat r u trien to say socoolbishoy?
    huh?
    well now im sain u r not 'socool'
    we shold start callin u

socool 'wannabe' bishoy

lol jokes.

oh boy is this turning into another bash bishoy thread... lol... oh boy oh boy, oh boy... lol

to answer your question, ms. I am so confused, I will confuse all... lol... kidding... God is not da bomb... lol... GOD IS GOD... think about it...and tell me what you get tomorrow... in the play... okay misses... I am tooo confused... or something like that... and for Mikhail_04, as God is God forever, Bishoy is stayin so cool forever... lol.
  • o yar like totally forever ::) ::) ::) ::) lol jkz lol sorri

YAY its gr8 to c ur better and even better to c ur praising God woohoo!!!! :) ;) :D ;D ;D ;D ;D thats gr8

now our body of Christ is complete again but still a couple of wounds. guys plz praay 4 me

1nce agen im so happy to c ur happy
    GBU ALL PPPL :) ;) :D ;D
    NEVER EVER EVER STOP THANGING GOD COZ HE IS THE ULIMATE BEST AND WILL NEVER WANNA HURT HIS CHILDREN, YAR?

pray 4 me plz
    FROG :) ;) :D ;D :-*
  • [quote author=mary k. link=board=1;threadid=1302;start=15#msg21963 date=1110594279]
    hi all i know iam a little late on this topic but i wanted to share one of the best verse that keeps me strong all the time ;)

[glow=red,2,300]"God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it" (1Cor 10:13). :)[/glow]

That's the verse I meant, thanks Mary!
    lol

sleepy