GOSSIP ???????

Comments

• Well said sleepy!!! :)

• sorry i was too lazy to type out the whole name ;D
  • No problem at all, I go by sleepy.
    lol

sleepy
  • to have egyptians stop gossipping would be the 8th wonder of the world ::)

• LOL Hos Erof... i think its possible of they acctualy try!
  • That's true, but we could help it by changing out habits from a young age, and when our generation is grown, there won't be as much gossip.

sleepy
  • Hos erof... u are absoulutly right, ever feel like u know a teta is lookin at you, and thinkin about how to tell her other teta friend, that you were talkin to a boy (or girl if reversed)... the romors i hear about me, comming from teta's man , i cant even begin, and your right our culture is big on the gossip thing :) and sleepy is right tooo, we should start at a young age! then we wont be gossiping tetas when we are older :)

Maria
  • lol, yea, that's one thing I fear. God help me not to be some gossiping old tayta in the future. lol

sleepy
  • In the book "Youth Concerns" by Bishop Moussa, a teen asked why egyptians gossip so much ;D
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=30#msg19997 date=1107664115]
    In the book "Youth Concerns" by Bishop Moussa, a teen asked why egyptians gossip so much ;D

I totally agree about egyptians gossip too much , thats what i think and i really think that it runs in egyptians blood. ::)
  • hey can u post the answer to that question??
  • gossip is really hard to control expecially if it makes you lok good its just our nature to gossip though you would feel bad about......but if you think back to kindergarden the saying "if you have nothing nice to say don't say it at all"
    that usually helps me ;D ;D
  • I agree with thebrain on this one :)

Also i believe it says in the book "Christian Behavior According to The Saint Pope Kyrollos The Sixth": Do not be talkative, for the more you talk, the more likely you are to sin. One of the saintly fathers said, 'a multitude of words is boring to both the speaker and the listener.' Try this youself, you will find that people get bored and restless. If you laugh, it should not be loud, the way I noticed you did several times; rather smile quietly. Beware of idle talking and mocking others for this can lessen God's grace in man's heart. for every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof. You should instead glorify God in your speech and your deeds.

just some food for thought. :)
    also there are many verses in proverbs that talk about gossip too. One verse in particular that goes well with this topic is

Proverbs 10:14 (NCV)
    The wise don't tell everything they know, but the foolish talk too much and are ruined.
  • Usually, when people start saying stuff about anyone, I think to myself that I wouldn't like it if people did that about me, and I don't participate. Also, I like to seem "peopleable" (lol). If people hear me say stuff about others, they may not approach me like they do for fear of mr turning on the, and that's something I couldn't bear because I like being a good influence on others. :)

sleepy
    P.S. I hope that doesn't make me sound big-headed. :-\
  • i think gossip comes from boredom or having nothing interesting to talk about...i mean let's face it, when do we gossip??? when we run out of other stuff to talk about...
    the solution then would be to:
    -talk less
    -find interesting/important things to talk about (look at how easy it is to talk bout a friend's new cloths, and how hard it is to talk about a verse u read in the bible recently)
    -chat less; it's easier to gossip on im cause u have less control over what u say, and cause ur not looking at the person ur talking about, it makes u more outgoing i guess

just some things i found usefull in avoiding gossip :)
  • i totaly agree w hos erof,
    and i want to add that if ur a strong person against gossip than eventualy it will stop among ur friends bc
    who are ur friends going to talk to otherwise, ur just shuttin them up
    and dont forget that ur friends will resect ur request if they are your true friends.
    even if the typical reasons against gossip arent "down" w u then also remember that gossip leads to LOADS of fights and u can never keep track of everything u say and to each individual u say it to, so if u dont want to get in a fight w debbie...dont talk about her,
    haeh?
  • good points awad
    i just forgot bout one last thing that occurs quite often, which is that people who feel insecure bout themselves talk bout others, and humiliate them to feel better about themselves...so somewhere gossip can be the cause of inner arrogance or wanting to "look good" in front of others...and yeah, i think we r all like that sometimes :-\
  • [quote author=SaviourOfMySoul link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=30#msg20044 date=1107737676]
    hey can u post the answer to that question??

ok well here it is ;D:

It is not only Egyptians who gossip, but all nationalities. And gossiping ony hurts those who do something wrong. Therefore, don't do anything wrong, and no one will gossip about you.
    - Bishop Moussa
  • In my opanion, you don't have to do something wrong to get gossiped about. Some of the most innocent people I know have gotten gossiped about. And I know that all nationalities talk, but egyptians go way over the limit. They ruin lives. One of my bestest friends had to move, because her family got sick an tired of all the talk. Why were they talking? Because she's very pretty. Therefore she must do something to get that pretty. And of course the only reason she cares about herself in the first place is to attract guys. Which means she deserves to get gossiped about. This is how egyptians think. We don't think of the consequenses. I mean the girl moved to another state because the talking become soo terrible. It's not her fault she was born pretty. And I can understand if she put a pound of make up on, but she was just naturally pretty. Gossip does not only hurt those who do wrong. Actually it usually hurts the people who are getting gossiped on for no reason. I mean don't get me wrong it hurts those who deserve it too. BUt just imagine what it feels like to have done nothing wrong, but because one person despises you and accidently slips something that people begin to talk about your life is ruined. It hurts sooo much. To tell you the truth I think it's gonna be really hard for our generation to change it. What we can do is teach the next generation at a young age not to do it, and slowly stop ourselves from doing it. The only thing you can do to stop gossip is to not worry about it. I mean if its fake gossip who cares, God knows it isn't true and that's all that matters. Your real friends will stick by you and those who don't aren't really your friends. If it's true gossip, than you can just change. God forgives and forgets. The gossip was just a wake up call! If you only worry about God and remember that life is a second compared to your time in heaven. Nothing will ever bother you and you won't get gossiped on in the first place! ;)

• hey guys,

i think that gossip is a part of life and we just have to deal with it the right way. all we can really do is pray for those who do to stop and learn that its wrong.
  • I don't think gossip is a part of life but the corruption of man has made it seem so..
  • I completly agree with that! Gossip is just something we used to make ourselves look good that's all. Besides just because people murder, drink, steal, and commit sins doesn't mean we should just let it go. If that was the case then people would be like, murder is gonna happen no matter what, it's part of life, let's just let it be, and that makes no sense what so ever. One person can make a huge difference. As long as you try youre best not to gossip and tell ure friends not to gossip. Then they're gonna stop and make their friends stop and soo on.... Even if it doesn't work, it's better than just sitting their and doing nothing. You either not let it bother you or do something to stop it! We can't just complain about it!
  • but whats the difference between our "opinion" / "facts" and gossip?

i'll be the first person to say that i would gossip and them feel bad but use the excuse that i was just telling tommy the "facts" about what happened with joe and bob. but it just happened to sound as though bob was wrong...u know?

and then ill be too scared to say suttin bout some1 and then someone would be like "its ur opinion, not gossip"

like i know that u shouldnt use anyones name if there not there etc how would they feel etc again, but are any of these excuses actualy right?

is there a valid excuse for kinda sorta not realy gossiping?
  • i didnt have time to read the post, but thanks for the answer to the question much appreciated :)
  • [quote author=ServantOfJesus link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=45#msg20206 date=1107918923]
    I don't think gossip is a part of life but the corruption of man has made it seem so..

Man has been born corrupt. There's something in Corinthians, I believe chapter 15, that says something about it. But at the same time, we can treat gossip like we treat other sins like cursing and such. How do we deal with those things? We should use some sort of technique because we can overcome anything and everything if we want to, with God's help.

sleepy
  • [quote author=mary k. link=topic=1171.msg19781#msg19781 date=1107402401]
    NOBODY'S FRIEND

My name is Gossip. I have no respect for justice
    I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives.
    I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.
    The more I am quoted the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless.
    They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.
    To trap me down is impossible.
    The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody’s friend.
    Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.
    I topple governments and wreck marriages.
    I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
    Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.
    I make headlines and headaches.
    Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:

Is it true? Is it harmless? Is it necessary?
  •             +++

Hello friends,

Do u gossip about someone u love? no way, infact u lie to cover up the person's wrong. True love for others will automatically dry up ur desire to talk about other ppl's negative sides. Even u listen to the gossip b/c u have no love for the person who is the topic otherwise u would defend or stop the talk.
      When we want to gossip let us start from ourselves. Gossip is a reflection of hatered and envy and selfishness. It is not the weight of the topic that matters but the weight of hate-tree u grew in ur heart and the bitter fruit that comes out of ur mouth.
      May God protect us from this evil by the intercession of His holiest mother, His holy angles and saints. Amen!!!

• My Opinion Gossip is something bad!!But everyone is doing it..
    The most thing i Gossiping about are the people in the Church,so what i do is i neither talk with them or go to the "partys"..(Havla)
    So if i am not this often with people i "dont like"(Don`t hate them)than i cant Gossip a lot about them..
  • i like ur point...

+mahraeel+