What does FRIENDSHIP mean to you???

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey you guys.. as you can see im a Newbie her :).. I love this site.. its awsome and you guys are great ;)

well i was just wondering what do you guys think of FRIENDSHIP??
and is there anyone that has a specific story about it or anything like that???

looking forward to see ur replies 8)

**Smile-God Loves You** :)

Comments

• Friendship is one of the most important things to me in life. It's something that no matter what you do, I can't part from it.

sleepy
  • [center][/center]Friends
    a true friend is by your side
    a true friend will help u glide
    a true friend has got your back
    a true friend is what to wouldn't want to lack
    you and your friend would be together
    today tomorrow alwayz and forever
    you'll alwayz have a friend alwayz to the end

~silvia
  • a true friend is someone who sticks around during the good times and the bad. Because sometimes life isn't rainbows and those that encourage you and stand by you through the hard times are the ones that are really your friends.
  • Anyone can stand by you when you are right, but a Friend will stand by you even when you are wrong...
    A simple friend identifies himself when he calls. A real friend doesn't have to.

A simple friend opens a conversation with a full news bulletin on his life.

A real friend says, "What's new with you?"

A simple friend thinks the problems you whine about are recent.

A real friend says, "You've been whining about the same thing for 14 years. Get off your duff and do something about it."

A simple friend has never seen you cry. A real friend has shoulders soggy from your tears.

A simple friend doesn't know your parents' first names. A real friend has their phone numbers in his address book.

A simple friend hates it when you call after he has gone to bed. A real friend asks you why you took so long to call.

A simple friend seeks to talk with you about your problems. A real friend seeks to help you with your problems.

A simple friend, when visiting, acts like a guest. A real friend opens your refrigerator and helps himself.

A simple friend thinks the friendship is over when you have an argument.

A real friend knows that it's not a friendship until after you've had a fight.

A simple friend expects you to always be there for them. A real friend expects to always be there for you!
  • Ahh, honestly my closest friendship is with GOD! everybody else comes after! :) but my sis is my best friend, she knows eevrything, u know and when we get into fights it dont matter cause in the end we will always deffend eachother thats whata friend is someone who is there for u even when u are being a complete and utter annoyance, and a loser! LOL ...

Maria
  • A true friend won't give you 50 dollars when you need it.

sleepy
  • lol, I had read that before in a book, and I just wanted to share.

sleepy

"A friend means well, even when he hurts you. But when an enemy puts his hand round your shoulder - watch out!"
    - Proverbs 27:6

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labour. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe to him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."
    - Bible: Ecclesiastes

"Forsake not an old friend; for the new is not comparable to him: a new friend is as new wine; when it is old, thou shall drink it with pleasure."
    - Sirach 9:10

• [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=0#msg19879 date=1107539370]
    A true friend won't give you 50 dollars when you need it.

sleepy

okay i did NOT get that, a TRUE friend WOULD give u 50 dollars when you NEED it ??!!!!
    why WOULDN"T he????
    how would he be a TRUE friend if he did NOT give it to you???
    i just wanna understand the quote..lol

• plain simple a true friend is someone who likes you for who u are and wut u are someone who builds your confidence and supports you through thick and thin
  • True Friendship - When two people get in a fight between each other but then they forget everything with a simple "<3". 8)
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=0#msg19879 date=1107539370]

sleepy

Well maybe he means that a true friend won't hinder you on your path to being independent. Kind of how like your parents shouldn't always be helping you so you know how to survive on your own. or maybe that was a typo?
  • I read this somewhere before.. I hope I get it right :-\ lol

A simple friend will come and visit you in prison
    A true friend will be sittin right beside you in prison saying "We stuffed up hard brother"

lol.. I really liked dat when I saw it, I thought it was funny, and true..in a way..although I don't think I'd like to be in anyyy of those positions, lol. But it could be taken metephorical ;D ;D
  • :) ;) :D ;D hay people how r use all
    i think friendship is very very important to me becoz i cant liv without ma frendz they r just soo supportive nd stuff although i dun hav a sister i take ma mum as ma sista nd best frend ;D also God of coarse cums first of tha first but fendz on earth definately they r there till the end wit u as sum2 sed earlier thru thik and thin how gr8 nd awsome

i luv all u guys :) ;) :D ;D
    GBU ALL
    FROG

+to b truly happy u must hav 3 things, something to do, some 1 to luv, and sumthing to hope for :) ;) :D ;D+

sleepy

i don't get it ??? ??? ??? ???
  • [quote author=SootyCoptic4Life link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=0#msg19883 date=1107542738]
    [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=0#msg19879 date=1107539370]

sleepy

okay i did NOT get that, a TRUE friend WOULD give u 50 dollars when you NEED it ??!!!!
    why WOULDN"T he????
    how would he be a TRUE friend if he did NOT give it to you???
    i just wanna understand the quote..lol

To be honest, it was a quote that I once read in a book (as usual...lol), and I just wanted to share it with you guys. I never really gave it much thought, but I'm guessing that the author to this quote was trying to say that a true friend won't let you rely on people, they will help you earn what you want rather than getting by the easy way, but that's just me. Anyone who has any input on it, be my guest. lol

sleepy

• Friendship is something important that everyone needs and should be charished.
  • Frienship means Christ..there's no guarantee that anyone else won't fail you
  • Couldn't agree with you more. God will never abandon you even if the whole world does.

sleepy
  • My mother used to ask me what is the most important part of the body. Through the years I would take a guess at what I thought was the correct answer. When I was younger, I thought sound was very important to us as humans, so I said, "My ears, Mommy."
    She said, "No. Many people are deaf. But you keep thinking about it and I will ask you again soon."
    Several years passed before she asked me again. Since making my first attempt, I had contemplated the correct answer. So this time I told her, "Mommy, sight is very important to everybody, so it must be our eyes."
    She looked at me and told me, "You are learning fast, but the answer is not correct because there are many people who are blind."
    Stumped again, I continued my quest for knowledge and over the years, Mother asked me a couple more times and always her answer was, "No. But you are getting smarter every year, my child."
    Then last year, my grandpa died. Everybody was hurt. Everybody was crying. Even my father cried. I remember that especially because it was the first time I saw him cry. My Mom looked at me and she asked me, "Do you know the most important body part yet, ya ro7y?"
    I was shocked when she asked me this now. I always thought this was a game between her and me. She saw the confusion on my face and told me, "This question is very important. It shows that you have really lived in our life. For every body part you gave me in the past, I have told you were wrong and I have given you an example why. But today is the day you need to learn this important lesson."
    She looked down at me as only a mother can. I saw her eyes well up with tears. She said, "My dear, the most important body part is your shoulder."
    I asked, "Is it because it holds up my head?"
    She replied, "No, it is because it can hold the head of a friend or a loved one when they cry. Everybody needs a shoulder to cry on sometime in life, my dear. I only hope that you have enough love and friends that you will always have a shoulder to cry on when you need it."
    Then and there I knew the most important body part is not a selfish one . It is sympathetic to the pain of others. People will forget what you said. People will forget what you did. But people will NEVER forget how you made them feel. Say a little prayer that God will give you the strength you need to accept people as they are, and to help us all be more understanding of those who are different from us!!! There's a miracle called Friendship that dwells in the heart. You don't know how it happens or when it gets started. But you know the special lift. It always brings and you realize that Friendship Is God's most precious gift! Friends are a very rare jewel, indeed. They make you smile and encourage you to succeed. They lend an ear, they share a word of praise, and they always want to open their hearts to us.
  • I LOVE THAT STORY ITS AMMMMMMMMMMMMAAAAAAAAZZZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIINNNNNNNNNGGGGGGG....i think i made my point :) thanks for postin it :)

maria
  • Wow Arabianeyes :) That's a great story : ;D
  • OMG that is such a great story! Arabianeyes, you hit it right on the dot. Nothing describes friendship better than that! GOD BLESS U!!! ;D
  • I was determined that it was the heart :-\ lol..that's great though ;D
  • That is really really nice story i loved it thanx for sharing it with u and all ur great stories :)
    and it really makes a very good point
  • Hey servantofjesus, I thought it was the heart too! lol ;D Great minds think alike! ;)
  • Hmm.. darn ..I thout it was the heart too.. :( lol..

No, seriously great story.. thanx so much for sharing..
    God Bless. .. ;D ;D

Maz
  • [quote author=Maz link=board=1;threadid=1173;start=15#msg20147 date=1107863840]
    Hmm.. darn ..I thout it was the heart too.. :( lol..

No, seriously great story.. thanx so much for sharing..
    God Bless. .. ;D ;D

Maz

So did I. lol

sleepy
  • hey you guys .. thanks a bunch for sharing all your thoughs and stories about friendship...
    by the way I THOUGH IT WAS THE HEART ALSO....lol .. GREATT STORY THO...
    i got this peom in my email and though about posting it,
    heeeeerrrreee....wwweeee...gooooo ;D

Around the corner I have a friend,
    In this great city that has no end,
    Yet the days go by and weeks rush on,
    And before I know it, a year is gone.
    And I never see my old friends face,
    For life is a swift and terrible race,
    He knows I like him just as well,
    As in the days when I rang his bell.
    And he rang mine but we were younger then,
    And now we are busy, tired men.
    Tired of playing a foolish game,
    Tired of trying to make a name.
    Tomorrow" I say! "I will call on Jim
    Just to show that I'm thinking of him."
    But tomorrow comes and tomorrow goes,
    And distance between us grows and grows.
    Here's a telegram sir," "Jim died today."
    And that's what we get and deserve in the end.
    Around the corner, a vanished friend.
    Remember to always say what you mean.
    If you love someone, tell them.

Don't be afraid to express yourself. Reach out and tell
    someone what they mean to you. Because when you decide
    that it is the right time it might be too late.

Seize the day. Never have regrets. And most importantly,
    stay close to your friends and family, for they have
    helped make you the person that you are today.

**Smile :) God Loves You**
  • thanx everybody.....well to tell u the truth i thought it was the heart too....lol turns out my mom's always good with the trick questions huh? lol..........GREAT POEM SOOTYCOPTICFOR LIFE.......i LOVED it....... ;D
  • Wow, that's pretty sad :-\ Great poem though