Isreal

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
My frined asked me once about a thing he heard in a song once, it said that jews are the chosen ppl of God or somthing, and that they were singing it in his church. He said that if God accepts everyone, what is this song? i told him that after Jesus came, and the Jews were mean to him and stuff, he accepted everyone, i want to know if i told him the right stuff

Comments

• From what I know, God first accepted everyone to him but God saw that Abraham was righteous and told him that he would make him the father of nations and bless his children who are the Jews..Later on, Christ came and was rejected by most Jews while many gentiles and other beliefs followed Christ so he accepted them to him. God bless.
  • Think about it this way... the Jews are the lost son! Although they have caused so much suffering to their father, he will always love them and wait for them to come home. We are already home. We don't need a song to know about it, because we have already felt the warmth of God's hands. As long as we know him, we don't need a song to show how much he loves us, because he died for us... and there is no greater love than that.
  • Our Lord Jesus came to the world to save anyone who came to him.
    But most of Jews refused Christ cause they were thinking that the saviour will come to deliver them from Romans ; they didn't understand and they are still waiting for a savior to come. So before Christ came Jews were the chosen people but since they refused Him , Christians are now the chosen people. But God accept everyone who came to Him so Jews and others can repent and come to Christ.
    That's what I know... ::)
  • When God put together a plan for our salvation, He came down for two reasons. One to be crucified, and the second to give us a way of life. He wanted to prepare the way before His comming. He did that buy setting aside the Jews, His choosen people at the time, and told them that they are different becuase the Messiah will come from them. When He came, they have fulfilled thier duty and now all are invited.
    Here is a verse that kinda clarifies this:

"Jesus declared, “Believe me, woman, a time is coming when you will worship the Father neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem. You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.” (John 4:21-24)

So, now the true worshipers are all those who worship God in Spirt, not by race. The Jews weren't choosen for salvation, but they were choosen to do a certain job. Even in the old testment, God visited the gentiles (ex: Nenavah, Babylon) These were not jews but God sent them messengers or some how preached to them.
    Just my thoughts, as usual