Engagement

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hi guys, I need some help. I am getting engaged next sunday and i was formally a catholic so i am not very familiar with the enaggement cermony. I am hoping that maybe someone can help me out with the procedure. I am also curious about the Certificate of engagement, just wondering what i have to fill out on that paper?

Could someone please explain all this to me.

Comments

• Dear Lisa,

Welcome to our site. The engagement ceremony is actually very short in the Coptic Church. Here's an outline of the ceremony:

1. Procession into church.
    2. Declaration of the engagement by the priest.
    3. Blessings in the name of the Holy Trinity.
    4. Thanksgiving Prayer.
    5. Putting on the Rings.
    6. Prayer and blessings for the newly-engaged couple.
    7. Procession to outside of church.

The couple sign an engagement certificate with their names and addresses that is also signed by the officiating priest.
  • Thanks for that.
    Do you sign a contract? Where is all that on your website?
  • Congratulations on your engagement Lisa with your betrothed.

I look forward to taking the plunge one day myself.

Also, welcome to the Coptic Orthodox Church. Its Master is the same one in the Roman Catholic Church. We may have different traditions, but we share the common Apostolic witness to the Holy Trinity.

When is the wedding? Don't go too long on the engagement.
  • :) ;) :D ;DHay lisa
    i dun really no anyfen bout em lol sorri but i wood lyk to say a very big CONGRATULATIONS for getting married and also for joining the coptic Orthodox community

MAy GOD BLESS U ND UR HUSBAND AND MAY GOD GUIDE USE BOTH IN EVRY THING U DO

1nce agen CONGRATZ
    GBU ALL PPL
    FROG

+Gods way is the best way+
  • Lisa,
    Congratulations on your engagement and welcome to the Coptic Church, we are so glad you are here with us now. Also, Welcome to the cite, it is a great site..I am sure you will enjoy it.
    Pray for me because my engagement is 2 weeks after yours. Congratulations again and may GOD bless you and your fiance.
    Goodluck.
  • Lisa and Eriny

[glow=red,2,300]CONGRATULATIONS[/glow] for BOTH of you.
    Welcome to the site, Lisa, and also to our Coptic Orthodox Church ;D

ENJOY YOU ENGAGMENT WHILE IT LASTS!..lolll

**Smile :) God Loves You**
  • Hey,
    I was in the same boat few months ago. My finance and I read The Sacrement of Marriage by Bishop Mathious. The first couple of chapters are about engagement and the ceremony and the rest is about the wedding ceremony... I liked it alot, it gave all of it a meaning and a huge sense of committment and blessing. We ordered the book from the southern diocese's website www.suscopts.org.
    Enjoy, hope this helps. Oh, and Congrats!

• i just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS!! :) :D