Jesus 2nd coming signs

2»

Comments

• But we shall all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye" (1 corinthians 15:52)
    The Bible uses the word "caught up" (1 Thessalonians: chapter 4, verse 17) God says that he will remove his followers from the Earth before his wrath is poured out upon the planet (John 3: 36, 1 Thessalonians 5[/color]: 9) Gods wrath is the book of Revelation as you will see if you read it. Throughout Revelation Gods Angels are unleashing allsorts of terrors upon the unrepentant people of the Earth. But you will be spared by the "Blessed Hope" Blessed hope is really the correct term.
  • another sign of the end days is (Daniel 12:4) daniel fortold a Knowledge increase in the last days ,
    this is certainly the case in the past century alone...from thousands of years of horse and cart we suddenly had a MASSIVE increase in knowledge in the 20th century. We now can fly like the birds which are jets , also the automobile/car is a revolutionary invention as well as electricity, the microchip, computers, television, microwaves, Pda's ,cell-phones, the list goes on and on , thus in the beggnning of the 20th century we witnessed an anamoly , meaning somthing out of the ordinary a exponential spike in tehnelogy.
  • ok guys, there have always been atrocious disasters, and i think that just nowadays there is widespread media coverage on the tv and internet. e.g south asia tsunami, it was on cnn and all the other news channels 4 ages still going.

more people 2day die in wars and disaster etc because more people r alive in the first place. e.g if more people live, more will die

and with the thing about great change, i think that if man keeps going like this, there will be a thousand times more inventions in the next 100yrs than in thepast 100yrs.

so in my personal opinion, unless al quaida(forgive the spelling) goes pscho and drops nukes over new york and tokyo, nothin "new" is happening
  • hello all
    ok number one im glad someone brought up the end of times temple

The Bible foretells that the Temple of Solomon as in the Old Testament will be built 3 times then the end of the world shall come shortly after. It has already been built twice and is about to be built again.

god never gave us a time frame of this so these things could happen thousands of years apart so theres no need to be worried i think we should be more worried about the day we die and got to see christ and wether we are ready for that also many of the church fathers beleive the antichrist himslef will rebuild the temple of solomon so he did sorta give us a timeframe but in a chain reaction kind of way

Yes. I also heard that all jews would repent and recognize that Jesus is the Messiah they were looking for. But this would happen after the rejection of their sacrifice. Then, they will discover that they spent thousands of years hating Jesus but He is the true Messiah they were waiting for and who was prophesized in their Torah without knowing Him. Then they will turn their eyes towards Jesus "whom they pierced" and beleive in Him and the prophecy in
    John 19:37 will be accomplished.

and the jews thing will happen after the temple of solomon which needs to be built for them to make sacrifices

I even heard that before the end, not only Jews but all mankind will belive in Jesus. (But I am not sure about it, may be someone could correct me if I am wrong).

i dont know if you are wrong or not but in my opinion they will beleive when the fifth part f revelations coems true and god comes down to the earth and there is a cross in the sky everyone will beleive but it may be too late by then :'(

aghape,
    chris

P.S am i the only who feels this subject is a bit touchy
  • hey,
    I realize that the topic of the end of the world is really cool, but I think we should stop worrying about when it will happen, or whether it will happen in our life time or not cuz if one were to die tomorrow, it woulnt matter when the end of the world will be, cuz that's the end for them...u know wat I'm talking about :-\ so I think we should look more to how we act as if the end were tomorrow. sry if I'm being um....too rude or something, but yea.
  • Hey all--I agree that we must be ready at any time for our own ends but for those who are interested about the things written in Revelations and the Second Coming, go to: http://www.suscopts.org/literature/orthodoxfaith.html

Scroll down to the part that says Eschatology. At least the first 5 links under this title directly relate to the end of times, which is why I didn't post each article here separately. Happy reading!

• HI,

The end of the world is something i personally prefer not to think about! But just to disscus i think that we should stop thinking about it because like people have said we dont know when its going to happen so why stress just be prepared, follow christ have him in your heart and believe in him believe in his slavation and follow his path. its that simpl when the end of the world comes it comes if you are prepared there is nothing to worry about so get ready, thats all there is too it.

May we be prepared for the second comeing of our lord at all times and follow his path to rightseousness. Amen

Maria
  • Hi,

To revive this old topic, some people have tried to identify a date when storms and earthquakes of such density mentioned in the Revelations...of course, these dates are just bogus, cuz the end of the world can even happen tomorrow!

Scientists have said that the earth's polar magnets may begin rotating in the opposite direction within 5 years, which could cause unusual movement of electrons (causing 'thunderstorms'), and unusual movement of the tectonic plates. i say this MIGHT cause storms, but perhaps not to the extent of the end of the world. Plus, the world will not be destroyed simply by a few storms and earthquakes (at least, not according to the Bible). The Revelations mentions the falling of a star which will poison the waters, rivers and the oceans of the earth...i think the Bible says the star's name is "Wormwood" (please correct me if I'm wrong)...some people have been trying to figure out if the Book of Revelations is using symbols to depict modern ways of how the world will end...like perhaps the star "Wormwood" could be some sort of Nuclear power plant, but i think that what the Bible said is to happen EXACTLY as it says, whenever that day may be...

What are your thoughts?
  • NO, the book of rev. has many meanings... you should read the book by abouna tadrows yacoup about revelation....

one more thing... who cares when the world will end.... what we should care about is, are we ready if we end today?
  • hey guys...wow u guys i really learned sum great stuff from this. ;D jus yes i agree we shouldnt be woryying about it but it never hurts to know as much as we can about the topic so we can prepare ourselves..that jus ma 2 cents
  • It's amazing that both Muslims and Christians are waiting for the 2nd return of Jesus.

Jesus will return to the world for a second time. He will unite all believers in God and bring peace to mankind, as proclaimed by the Prophet Mohammad and revealed in the Qur'an. The Qur'an acquaints us with some events from the life of Jesus (as) which have not yet happened. Thus, his second coming to earth is a prerequisite for these events to happen. Furthermore, the Prophet Mohammed and those great figures of Islam who interpreted his words have given an account of the signs that will precede the coming of Jesus and have indicated a specific period of time for that coming. Nearly all of the signs have come to pass. The indicated time period is the first half of the 21st century in which we are now living.

The signs of the return of Jesus from Islamic viewpoint:

www.jesuswillreturn.com

As i said b4 i'm not discuss religion, so that nobody is offended. But i agree sharing religious theologies that may lead to peace and harmony.
  • Dear Ahmed,

Welcome to the site, nice to have you here.

Furthermore, the Prophet Mohammed and those great figures of Islam ...have indicated a specific period of time for that coming. Nearly all of the signs have come to pass. The indicated time period is the first half of the 21st century in which we are now living.

According to the Islamic traditions ive consulted: Sahih Bukhari, Sahih Muslim, Al-Tabari, Sunaan Abu Dawud - Muhammed claimed that the Antichrist (Dajjal) would appear shortly after the Islamic conquest of Constantinople, and that the world would come to an end approximately 500 years after his advent (obviously a contradiction here). What do you think?

P.S. You mentioned you're not here to speak about theology, so if you would rather not discuss these issues thats fine, i have no problem with that.

Peace