What's Love?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What's Love? yeah a simple question...but I wanna knw wut u guys think

Comments

• ok i have like the perfect thing for ur question.. i posted it be4 and i'll post it again.. i just LOVE it.. lol.. :-*

Since a very long time ago, people have searched for the meaning of love. But even the great philosophers, with their profound definitions, could not fully touch its true essence. In a survey of 4-8 year olds, kids share their views on love. But what do little kids know about love?
    Read on and be surprised that despite their young and innocent minds, kids already have a simple but deep grasp of that four-letter word.

"Love is when a girl puts on perfume and a boy puts on shaving cologne and they go out and smell each other."
    "Love is when you go out to eat and give somebody most of your French fries without making them give you any of theirs."
    "Love is when someone hurts you. And you get so mad but you don't yell at him because you know it would hurt his feelings."
    "Love is when my mommy makes coffee for my daddy and she takes a sip before giving it to him, to make sure the taste is OK."
    "Love is when you tell a guy you like his shirt, then he wears it everyday."
    "Love is if you hold hands and sit beside each other in the cafeteria. That means you're in love. Otherwise, you can sit across from each other and be okay."
    "Love is when mommy sees daddy smelly and sweaty and still says he is handsomer than Robert Redbird."
    "I know my older sister loves me because she gives me all her old clothes and has to go out and buy new ones."
    "When you love somebody, your eyelashes go up and down and little stars come out of you."
    "You can break love, but it won't die."

• "If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not selfseeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love."
    1st Corinthians 13: 1-13
  • do u want a simple answer? LOVE is all about giving and not asking for a reward back.
    read corinthians 13. the previous posting to mine, concentrate very well and you will find out that all these love verses are all about giving and giving GLADLY.
    enjoy the LOVE OF CHRIST and the people around you
    GOD be with you.

Thank you egyptianmatt91 for posting the chapter from corinth. 13
  • haha...my pleasure ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D , we recently went over that chapter in Sunday School, it came right to mind ;) ;D
  • Love is such a strong word...but anywayz Love to me is a strong feeling-a strong,good feeling towards someone. Thats what i think Love is.
  • Can't be spoken by the tongue, only felt by the heart. :)
  • I agree with Servant of Jesus
    that no matter how hard we try, there is no explanation of love .. any kind of love .. even God's love .. it has to be felt by the heart because it can not be touched by words of the mouth .. so yes I AGREE WITH YOU SERVANT OF JESUS ;)
  • The word LOVE... hmmm.... nice, the word LOVE can’t be directed to a person... first it needs to go to God, and then it will go to people equally.

• i agree with u ServantOfJesus & OstazaCoptic ,
    love is caring, and being honest with each other , "If you want to learn to love better, you should start with a friend who you hate."

WHAT'S LOVE?
    Love is a thing shared by two
    Love is what you feel for me and you
    Love is precious when its shared
    Love is danger when its dared

Love wanders and searches for the one
    Love plays and just do it for fun
    Love lets you hear love songs to emote
    Love lets you make sweet poems & a quote

Love makes the world go around
    Love makes us happy if the one we love
    is finally found
    Love turns the world upside down
    Love cheers us never with a frown

Love makes you cry
    Love sacrifices and says goodbye
    Love has its own reason and time
    Love can make someone you love "mine"

Love makes a person kiss
    Love makes a person miss
    Love is experienced by all
    Love conquers when you fall...
  • here's somthing i read on love

Love is the language seen by the blind, heard by the deaf, and spoken by the mute.

another thing ... God is Love... :D lol.. (just wanted to add that)

take care and God bless
  • Galatians 5:13 - For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Love is serving oneanother, and providing cae, and help :)

maria
  • Love is patient, Love is kind,
    It does not envy, it does not boast,
    It is not proud, It is not rude,
    It is not self-seeking,
    It is not easily angered,
    It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil,
    but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts,
    always hopes, always perseveres.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
    hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

L o v e N e v e r F a i l s.

Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8

I LOVE THAT
  • I agree with what was said before, and I've said it before myself. Love is something that can't be put into words, it doesn't do it justice. It's like trying to calculate God's love for us, it's immeasureable.

sleepy

• the word Love has many ways of expressing its a very strong emotion so it would take a while to explan
  • besides everything u guys said, i have nothing to add but i do know that its expressed in actions, and not words.
  • Love is the greatest thing ever.
    Love is beyond what words could ever express.
    Love never fails but lasts forever.
    Love is unconditional.
    Love is without boundaries or limitations.
    Love is offering yourself as a sacrifice to those whom you love.
    Love is serving.
  • what is love? after thinking about it... LOVE IS GOD... NOTHING ELSE
  • :)

I recieved a music CD today that has a message printed on the cover; something very similar to what Socoolbishoy posted.

"Where there is peace there is love
    Where there is love there is God
    Where there is God there is no need for anything else."
  • whats love got to do with it? got to do with it? lol i am sorry i couldnt stop my self!

hah

Maria
  • LOL....tht was funny SaviourOfMySoul...LOL ;D

Bishoy u summed it all...we can't have love without God's love in us

Thanks guys for ur replies...u are welcome to add anything to it
  • True Love Means...

A girl and a guy were speeding over 100mph on a deserted road on a motorcycle.

Girl: Slow down, we're going too fast. I'm scared! And I don't want anything to happen.

Guy: Come on, don't worry. I know what I'm doing. Your having fun right?

Girl: NO...please stop. I'm really scared

Guy: Then tell me you love me.

Girl: I LOVE YOU! Now please slow down.

Guy: Give me a hug.

*Girl hugs him*

Guy: Can you help me out here? Will you take my Helmet off of me and put it on you? It's bugging me.

In the paper the next day: A motorcycle has crashed into a building break failure. Two people found, but only one survived.

The Truth is: That halfway down the road the guy realized that his breaks broke, but he didn't want the girl to know. Instead, he had her say she loved him and felt her hug him for one last time. Then had her wear his helmet so she would live, even though it meant that he would die.

I believe in life one can have only one true love....to beable to love another the same way means that the first one was not the true love u wished it to be....i think that you can fall in love many times...but there is one person out there for you that is true love....one person u cant bare to live without...one person u cant bare to hurt...one person ull sacrifice ull whole world for....one person that will always be in the back of ur mind... one person that u will never stop loving...and one person that if u were ever without ...u just close ur eyes and u can almost see her.... and if u would regret anything in ur journey through life...it is not telling her ....one person that is meant for u and only u....and u will know it becuse she will be all you desire....and even more...she will be your angel...

believe God will bring hearts together that are first grounded in Him. Second, there must be a willingness before meeting a person to offer prayers and sacrifices for the other’s spiritual enhancement. This is of critical importance as two should seek to lift the other in Christ.
    Becoming one is a process over time, where two feed off of the blessings of God as His words provide nourishment for their development. The Bible declares that God is love. If two are to share love, they must share God.

The measure of sharing is directly related to the degree of sacrifice one makes. Christ’s death on the cross is the ultimate expression of how love should be shared … to death.

http://www.cibol.com/love/loveopinion.htm
  • WOW u guys r like super awesome.. i mean.. WOW!!! great job.. i LOVE yall!! :-*
  • every time i see this thread, i think the same thing, whats love got to do with it? got to do with it? lol i cant help it, but all of you who said love cant really be explained are right, i sure can't put it into words, but thats partly cause i am not very good with words...I love my Mom , i cant explain how it feels to love my mom, but i am sure if u love ur mom u know what oit means, actually u know what i think i have an idea!

I love my mother so much that if anything were to harm her, i would want it to harm me instead, i love my mother (and father and sister) so much that i would die for them! Kind of like the way God loved us so much and the died for us! GOD SO LOVED THE WORLD THAT HE GAVE HIS ONE AND ONLY SON THAT WHOEVER BELIEVE IN HIM SHAL NOT PARISH BUT HAVE EVERLASTING LIFE! ahh the kind of love that is unconditional, thats an awsom kinda love!

Maria
  • .ok theres an article my hh pope shenouda and it explains love,

here is the idea:

LOVE gives
    LUST takes

• nicely worded awad!
    short, sweet, simple, and very true!

take care and God bless
  • hey arabianeyes,
    that was really awsome what you said
    it is really touchy and very true

all of u guys what u said about love is GREAT!

**Smile-God Loves You**
  • hey arabianeyes
    about the story u had it was really nice its soo sweet ;)
  • every time i see this thread, i think the same thing, whats love got to do with it? got to do with it? lol i cant help it,

Now you got me doing it...lol...everytime I see this thread that song keeps popping up in my head...over and over...lol... ;D
  • awwwwww thanx u guys......lol now where's the the smiley face with the red cheeks ...... :-[ ;D....close enough:P

ps........great now that song's in my head too....mmm

"whats love got to do with it got to do with it" .......just great:P lol
  • Great posts you guys..and I completely agree..

Love is special...it can not be seen only felt, it can not be touched, but only felt by the heart...it's unconditional, it gives without return, and wants the best, and only the best for that other person..

May God give us that sort of love, where we love each other unconditionally, without expecting anything to be given back, just to be loved, to feel it, and understand it. Amen.

Maz