GOSSIP ???????

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Hey all i just wanted to ask a qs how do u guys feel about GOSSIP ??????

Comments

• I will speak honestly .. I think gossip is one of the most tempting sins that the devil ever created .. I try so so so hard not to gossip but it is sort of natural .. It is just so tempting .. I always have something to say, but I try to say good things and not bad so it wouldnt be as bad !! I think everyone falls into the gossip sin! :-\
  • ur soooo right OstazaCoptic.... i mean i personally can't stop gossiping.. i mean i just DO IT.. but i mean the best thing to do is to not talk to the ppl that talk abt ppl.. i mean at least for a while.. right?? does anyone agree?? :-\ :-*

Rina
  • lol i agree with you rina i thought about it before but it WILL NEVER WORK THAT WAY .
  • wow how can you not talk to ppl who talk about ppl because obviously everyone talks about other people so there is noway you will find ppl. you talk to about ppl. who wont talk to other pp. about ppl .. hehehe .. get my point? :D
  • i agree ostaza..lol i like ur name..nyways man gossoping is the worst thing that the devil ever created bcuz everyone gets caught in it without even realizing. Its hard too once ya stop u can't catch urself. i think the best way is jus to remember not to gossip and when ppl are gossping jus walk away so u aint tempted
  • yes because I asked abouna about this before .. he said two choices ..either walk away or change the subject in a wise way .. ofcourse if you got like 5 girls talking about something there is no waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay you can change the subject so might as well walk away ;D
  • Gossip
    By Whitney Andrews

Gossip is in the lips of the beholder
    Of nothing.
    It spreads with a single word
    Lies and grows from out language.
    Everyone does it that’s why we do...
    I lied, I cheated, I hated, I’m jealous!
    I’m the best, I'm the worst,
    I know all, I'm the one who rocks .
    I’m the winner, you’re the loser.
    Behold the truth behind it all...
    My lips are weaker then yours.
    Because I spread the word.
    I don’t know you but I can judge you.
    You are strong if you don’t listen to what
    I have to tell you.
    I let you know what you are and
    You know what I have become.
    I’m a dirty word, I’m the dirty work
    Of the lips I’m the worst of them all
    I’m the one you kill.
    I die when you learn.
    Not to believe all you hear.
  • NOBODY'S FRIEND

My name is Gossip. I have no respect for justice
    I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives.
    I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.
    The more I am quoted the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless.
    They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.
    To trap me down is impossible.
    The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody’s friend.
    Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.
    I topple governments and wreck marriages.
    I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
    Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.
    I make headlines and headaches.
    Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:

Is it true? Is it harmless? Is it necessary?
  • WOW that was awesome.. it makes me feel kinda guilty.. lol.. but i don't really talk bad abt ppl.. i mean i try not to hate or dislike anyone.. but u kno how it is w/ the horible girls at school.. u just gotta hate them.. lol.. but ya.. i really sudgest u just walk away.. i mean thats basicly all u can do.. but i also agree w/ u OstazaCoptic.. lol.. its wierd and confusing.. lol.. :-\ :-*

Rina

P.S. notice we're anly girls.. no guys r talking abt this... lol.. i mean i'm sure they gossip too.. lol.. but seriously do u girls see that.. lol.. ;D
  • Allow me to be the chauvinistic one…

There is only one way to ensure you don’t gossip. Find yourself a Y chromosome.

Okay, done.
  • [quote author=Rina_07 link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=0#msg19782 date=1107403035]
    P.S. notice we're anly girls.. no guys r talking abt this... lol.. i mean i'm sure they gossip too.. lol.. but seriously do u girls see that.. lol.. ;D

lol rina, i was just thinking the same though right before i read ur P.S.. it true not one GUY replied to this.. its intersting!! lol

ohh well back to the subject, GOSSIP, i agree with all of yall and i have one thing to add on it... when there is a girl gossiping to you, just act like ur listening, but put ur mind way beyond what she is saying, just hear it from one ear and pulled back from the other as fast as u can so you wouldn't give ur mind a chance to think about it or add stuff to it, also while hearing all this.. keep telling urself "knowing this will not help me in any way, telling others what i just heard is exactly what satan wants...etc" just say stuff that will convince you that the whole thing is POINTLESS!!
    after hearing all what has been said, change the subject and YOUR GOOD TO GO:-) lol..... i tried that couple of times and it really works, i wish i came up with that long time ago!
    Gossip is also a really bad sin for those who are used to it, it becames a HABIT for them and they never think its bad, they grew up talking about others, and they see nothing wrong with it!
    i really do hope we all can fight GOSSIP cuz its a sin that is unnoticable, and u don't think its bad when u first start doing it.. cuz u just DO IT!!!
    so yea... i hope u guys got what im saying ???

**Smile-God Loves You** :)
  • It is said that great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events and small minds discuss people. Let the intellectually stunted gossip among themselves if they've got nothing else in their life. Personally I couldn't care less what it is that Prince Charles did or didn't do.

Gossip is going to happen no matter what. People are considered a source of information and sometimes people abuse their right to speak. Those who do are just adding to the struggle and intrusion that figures feel on a daily basis. That's the media for you, and the people adding to it should be ashamed.

You won't stop people spreading scurrilous rumours, they're just human nature, what you can teach people is to be discerning and give others the benefit of the doubt.

Gossip is the lowest form of communication. It is boring in the extreme. There are far worse scandals with far more substance and importance than this. As for some who say the web is the cause of gossip, that's ridiculous. It's merely an extension of village gossip.

Some see it as....Human beings need and have to be able to discuss openly and freely whatever it on their minds, be it good or bad or in between. Take these freedoms of expression away and you loose free will and inspiration and knowledge!

You can't stop people from gossiping, but it would be great if people had sense enough to stop themselves. The sad fact is that many people in the world use gossip as their one means of gaining power. Step on a person and you imagine you look taller. The more destructive gossip is, and the more irreversible the destruction, the more people clamour for it.

Now its really your choice how gossip is seen to you :-\

p.s......watch the movie "Paparazzi"
  • hey arabianeyes!
    that was just GREAT what you said... its also very TRUE.
    thanks alot for sharing that with us.

**Smile-God Loves You!** :)
  • Ok sorry..I'm going to go one step back and ask, what are we defining "gossip" as being? Is it just "the talk of people?" Because there could be lots of other talk not involving people and it could still be defined as gossip, and there could be talk we're it involves many people, but we do not consider it gossip. So, the question I first ask you guys is, what are we considering gossip? What is gossip? Where are the limits to when we can say, "Ok, she/he is a gossiper?"
    Sorry you guys, just wanted to make that clear for both myself and anyone else who reads this post.
    Thanx, God bless you all and pray for me.
    Maz
  • [quote author=mary k. link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=0#msg19781 date=1107402401]
    NOBODY'S FRIEND

My name is Gossip. I have no respect for justice
    I maim without killing. I break hearts and ruin lives.
    I am cunning and malicious and gather strength with age.
    The more I am quoted the more I am believed.

My victims are helpless.
    They cannot protect themselves against me because I have no name and no face.
    To trap me down is impossible.
    The harder you try, the more elusive I become.

I am nobody’s friend.
    Once I tarnish a reputation, it is never the same.
    I topple governments and wreck marriages.
    I ruin careers and cause sleepless nights, heartaches and indigestion.

I make innocent people cry in their pillows.
    Even my name hisses. I am called Gossip.
    I make headlines and headaches.
    Before you repeat a story, ask yourself:

Is it true? Is it harmless? Is it necessary?

I really like this. I'm stealing it. lol

sleepy
  • lol yeah i definitely think gossiping is more of a girl thing. its really really awful. I used to do it a lot more but now i kinda just do it with close friends which is still really bad, but i try hard not to say anything particularly bad about people. Just stupid things like "oh so who do you think likes who?"
  • lol Mark, unfortunately, guys gossip too.. a lot. It all depends on the person and not the chromosome. Girls do tend to gossip more because they're more emotional than guys(most of the time) but I think gossiping is a waste of time..sometimes it is tempting when you get in a fight with someone but it does no good and it can do an incredible amount of harm. We just have to always keep that in mind and control our anger. God bless.
  • Mark, you may have a point, but that's a bit stereotypical. Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean that I will automatically be a gossip. True, it tends to run in our gender a lot, but it's not all girls, neither are all guys free of guilt. It's a two-way street dude. lol

sleepy
  • [quote author=sleepymusician link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=15#msg19847 date=1107481803]
    neither are all guys free of guilt. It's a two-way street dude. lol

I agree it is a two way street, one i am not prod to say i have gone along, and been victim of! Gossip, man i cant stand it, i go to an all gurls school, so u can only imagine! every topic of conversation is about how one gurl tired to destory another gurl or how one gurl is annoying another!

Please i am just so tired of hearing about things that dont matter really! how bout we talk about polotics, Religion, books, jeez, i am sick of talking about boys and other gurls, i just dont care!

the best thing to do is totaly remove yourslef from the situation, you know i have forgoten what the caf in my school looks like, i stoped going there! i stoped sitting in and listing to the gossip! trust me when your a victem of bad gossip, u just wanna hurt someone, i know the feeling it sucks.

Alright thats it

maria
  • I don't like to gossip because it bugs me beyond all belief, but at the same time my friend know that when something they say bothers me, I say something about it, and they'll stop, so I guess it's ok for now to alienate myself from them when they talk about others which isn't often. We talk about politics, religion, Bush (and our opinions of him...lol), and books. Anything else isn't important in school.

sleepy
  • Don’t get defensive… nobody is blaming you for your genetic predisposition. Just face the facts.
  • i personaly think gossip is a really rude and mean and bad way of talking about people...my brother once told me that if u have something to say about someone say it to thier face..and i think thats a really good point..your talking about them right? so they'd prally wana know what ur saying about them ..so technically its thier bussiness :)

• hey guys, i agree to what u guys think about gossip. gossip is something hurtful and i think that if we really think about it, we wouldnt want to be that person thats being gossiped about. so we shouldnt do it and think of other's feelings even tho u guys did say it is soo tempting. but thats when control comes in. we need to have control over ourselves and know when to draw the line. i really agree with confusedsoul... because if theres something that we dont like about a person or so then we need to let them know. why talk behind their back. i dont know if this makes sence to u guys but let me know what u think. take care
    God Bless
    :)
  • [quote author=MeeMz link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=15#msg19906 date=1107569711]
    i dont know if this makes sence to u guys but let me know what u think.

Hey MeeMz, yes this does makes sence (in a way!)..lol no really it does, and i agree with you.. we just need to know how to control it. ;D

**Smile :) God Loves You**
  • So I have a Qs if something is really bothering u about a person and u just got tell someone so u can feel better about it b/c its bothering u. so if u tolled ur bestfriends and maybe she gets along with talking about the person and it could be bad and it could be good about the person. but the person who start talking about it is only doing that just to feel better and take out of her/ his chest . does that considered as gossip in a way ?? ;D
  • o WOW awesome question.. but i don't have an answer i'm just asking 4 more help.. lol.. :-*
  • well gossip is very tempting and most of us do it without even thinking thats what makes it hard and also the only reason we do it in the first place is to make us look good by bringing the other person down and this i believe is nt right

• i agree with thebrain... it also could be out of jelousy! :-\
  • Mark 423....heyyy!! common that aint fair...not all girls gossip tonz...in fact I think were more cautious of it caz we are girls. Not only that but we're often the ones that get tangled in it hence it would make sense that we'd avoid it since we know how hurtful it could BE!
  • [quote author=Mark423 link=board=1;threadid=1171;start=15#msg19891 date=1107550989]
    Don’t get defensive… nobody is blaming you for your genetic predisposition. Just face the facts.

It's not the genetic disposition of all girls. That's like girls saying that's it's genetic to guys to have big heads and really large egos. It's stereotypical for no reason because not all guys are like that, neither are all girls gossips. So, like I said before, to "face the facts" would be a two-way street.

sleepy