Confession

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
do u noe how we said that if we ferget to name a sin during confession jesus will forgive it ...... ?

well i memeber my friend wrote his sins on apiece of paper, if i dont want to write my sins on a paper and mayb i kinda wanna forget some so i wont mention them

is this wrong?

Comments

• Thats a really goooood question ummm ::) im not sure im on both sides like God knows u want 2 be forgiven and that u r 2 emberassed 2 say it to abouna whitch means that u wouldn't probably do it again , then its not ok cuz its suggested that confess threw our FOC so im not sure but i would like to kno the answer cuz im probably wrong but thought i would give my 2¢
    any1 to help out?

GBU , FROG
    BeShOy ;) :) 8)
  • im sorry but why wont anybody post ana snwer???!!!
  • I think when u do a sin u should go confess it as soon as possible so it will be forgiven then try to forget it..otherwise if u dont confess it u wont be forgiven for it...I think
  • there was one time that i did something i was embarased to say so i told abouna and i was all crying and stuff, and i was really little so i don't remember his exact words but i think he said God will forgive them, and that if i'm ever ready i could tell him then. but i think you just have to go to abouna and say "theres something i want to confess but at the same time, i don't want to say it, i feel awful about it and i won't do it again, what should i do?" because after you've told him that i highly doubt he'll like force it out of you lol but he'll definitely give you some needed guidance and you'll feel better.
  • [glow=red,2,300]In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. The One True God. Amen. [/glow]

God is all merciful and ever loving. He gave us the Holy Mystery of Confession for many reasons among them is the acceptance of our spiritual illnesses. We are Christians because we call Jesus Christ Lord and Saviour. Lets trust in His love and mercy as well as in our abouna's. Our abouna is also a recovering "sin addict" who goes to Confession to a priest as well. Abouna is there to counsel and help give us our medicine - Jesus Christ- so lets open our hearts to him and know He will help us conquer whatever sin is ailing us :D!
  • [glow=red,2,300]In the Name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen. The One True God. Amen.[/glow]

This is a repost i shared in a previous thread.... i hope it helps:

There's a great trend of neo- gnosticism popping up these days. Many people today are very ignorant of Church history and very distrustful of Objective Truth that everything seems to them to be a conspiricy! Many people either havet read the bible enuff or havent read it at all or havent been grounded in Christ too separate the wheat from the chaff. The gnostics were the old rivals of the early Christian Church . They were the ones who wrote these false "gospels" like the "Gospel of Thomas" and the "Gospel of Mary Magdalene" and hundreds of others. They had to give their works Apostolic names to give them credence and authority.

The Gnostics were different churches who disagreed with the Apostles, claiming to have "secret knowledge" That Our Lord Jesus passed down only to them and not to the Holy Apostles! Meanwhile if we read the book of Acts we see the Apostles preaching publicly the Good News. The Gnostics claimed matter was evil and the spirit alone was good. Thus the spirit had to be liberated from the body. Well, this created some very immoral behaviours on their part since the body was insignificant acoording to them ( its matter right?). The Holy Apostles lived chastely and preached that God became man because He so loved the world (John 3:16...my paraphrase). They aslo said there were 2 gods: the Old testament God who was an angry God and the New testament God who was the God of Love. The Holy Apostles taught there was ONE God in Three Persons ( Holy Trinity).

Since there's great spiritual starvation in today's world people pick up anything that seem like a novelty. The Orthodox Gospel is a cliche to them, overdone....and badly represented by hypocrites and pedophiles. The devil is having a field day here but we must trust in Rabena!!! The davinci code is a neo gnostic work of fiction with many historical distortions. One author called it "faction"...lol!

The late, great Russian Orthodox Metropolitan nathony Bloom once wrote that Christians have 3rd dimensional vision (faith) while everyone else has 2nd dimensional vision. Of course, those with 2nd dimensional vision will not understand what we Christians see and thus encounter persecution. A Desert Father once said:

"Abba Antonios said: “The time is coming when people will be seized by manias and will behave like madmen. And if they see anyone acting reasonably, they will rise up against him saying: ‘You are insane.’ And they will have accurately said this to him, for he will not be like them.”

Let us watch and trust in our Loving God!!!
  • hey mr copticorthodox

i know wat u mean

u see god knows everyfin all ur sins so y confess it? becasue he wants to see that u truly honor his wishes do u get me like he knows wat u did but he wants u 2 confront abouna an tel him and dis way u feel so relieved as dis massive weight was lifted of ur shoulder and ur not guilty cus den after a while u 4get da sin so u move on but den wen u get judged god stil knows dat sin cus u didnt confess it.

WHEN HE FORGIVES HE FORGETS

hope i helped
    marina
  • Yes, it's wrong to purposely forget a sin so that you don't have to confess it. It counts against you and I think Christ looks towards intentions so if you really do forget something unintentionally then he forgives but if you do it so you don't confess it, it's wrong. God bless.
  • i noe exactly what ur talking about. The thing that i like bout catholics is that its in a bos and the priest doesn't see you. The thing that freaks me out is that the priest sees you and its just scary. It makes me feel like its the end of the world and that everything iv done in my life was wrong. But sumtimes when i confess i seriously dont remember like all the lil lies that i say and stuff so is it still forgiven even if i honestly dont remember them??
  • I believe that confession is all about repentence .. If you did something that you can not say to a priest then you obviously will not do it again .. therefore, you repented ..!!
    I really dont know if this is right or wrong but this is what I want to believe ;D

**Remember me in your prayers**
  • I think that being embarased to say a sin is a portion of feeling your repentance, because of that guilt you will have. ALso, ONLY while confessing that sin and having that embarsement in you, thats when u will feel like you are the worst human being on earth! and thats when u will be like "IAM NEVER DOING THIS AGAIN" just because of that guilt u had while confessing it.
    soo i beleive that saying ur sin OUTLOUD to your priest, feeling guilty about it, being really shy and embarrased is one of the ways God gave us to feel like WE EARN THE FORGIVNESS!
    i hope you guys understood me ???

-SMILE, GOD LOVES YOU- :)