Sylvia's death

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey everybody im sure every one here is touched by her death,

but guys member SHES IN A WAY BETTER PLACE THEN HERE

we should pray so that she goes to heavenly peacefully which she probably will, God does everyhting for a reason people, and i think he did this for a reason.

I remember hearing a story like this:

Once an angel stopped by this man's house and she asked to come in, but the man said no, i cant let you stay
the angel and ehr brother went to a man who was more poor than the last, and he let them in barely having enough room or food to feed them.

the nagels ate and slept and the young angel said "why is his cow dead?"
and the older angel said, " well that man was so nice, and God wanted to take his wife, so i sacrificed it for his wife."

meanwhile this man was amd at losing his cow, now not feeding his children, he asked God why he did this, after he was so nice to the angel, but he did , He Saved His Wife ! :)

Comments

• hope it helps lol :)
  • also, for those of you who are scared dont be, have full trust in your Lord and put your hands and his hands and let him guide you!.
  • thanz coptic orthodox
  • guys can i just say that sylvia was a really blessed and simple person, she had a really big heart and we all must remember her and her family in our prayers constanly asking the Lord to place them in his bossom. and we must aslo pray that the Lord comforts all her family and friends.
    and can i please ask that u remember meryam ("arubaiscrazy") from this site as she was her best friend.
    i truely saw Christ in sylvia, and now she will be with him surrounded by the saints and her beloved pope kryllos whom she adored for eternity, how lucky she is.
    may God's will be done, and that through her and her family we may be brought closer to God, and now we have someone praying for us up in heaven.
  • sylvia was the best and i learned many lessons from her myself that i will never forget
  • and can i please ask that u remember meryam ("arubaiscrazy") from this site as she was her best friend.

I'm glad you brought that up.I was worried about her.May God give her peace and strength to get through this terrible ordeal.
  • to tell u the truth shes the bravest of us all
    although i know whats inside of her, she is really brave
    i am not like that
    she was the one making us feel better during the mass on sunday
    can u believe it
    may GOD be with her
    she soo sweet
  • God be with u Meryam.
    and strengthen u.
  • guys, think about it
    she wanted this. When she saw what was happening in egypt she wished to die for christ
    and she did!
  • i never knew that she loved pope kyrillos,
    i love him too, and recently i was asking him
    y he had not helped her. I was so sad, i couldn't
    imagen them crying out for god and not getting
    help. . .

it pains me alot... :'(
  • Hi all iam new here and by reading things about Sylvia's death it really hurts and i wished the i knew her or atleast talked to her as most of u did . and i hope that pope shenouda can do something now ,most of us left egypt b/c the way muslims people treat it us and now it happens in USA , and we all thought it was more safe but its not anymore after what happened in NJ. but i really hope that pope shenouda can do something b/c really its not safe now at all after what happened Sylvia's death .
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=1106;start=0#msg18670 date=1106346790]
    guys can i just say that sylvia was a really blessed and simple person, she had a really big heart and we all must remember her and her family in our prayers constanly asking the Lord to place them in his bossom. and we must aslo pray that the Lord comforts all her family and friends.
    and can i please ask that u remember meryam ("arubaiscrazy") from this site as she was her best friend.
    i truely saw Christ in sylvia, and now she will be with him surrounded by the saints and her beloved pope kryllos whom she adored for eternity, how lucky she is.
    may God's will be done, and that through her and her family we may be brought closer to God, and now we have someone praying for us up in heaven.

AMEN AND A HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i agree with u i wouldnt b surprised myself if she was a saint

GBU ALL
    FROG
  • From what I have read about her, she reminds me in the simple regards of St. Apanoub.

Truly,
    "Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them; for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these." (Mt 19:14)

• people can sombody tell me the truth, was Sylvia REALLY spiritual as you say, or are you sharing condelenses? im sorry, but im wondering

forgive me sylvia

and forgive me tasbeha.org
  • she was.
    more spiritual than i cood ever be, any time i was doubting the faith, or just angry she would comfort me, and make me believe again, she answered all my questions, and she had a powerful love for the church, she was truley a blessed, simple person. if u read my previous post bout her, its all true. and my friend i dont think this was the tym to ask.
  • Awad,
    They cried for help and they have been helped..they died...they died as martyrs..they went to heaven.
    When we pray in church every sunday we ask for GOD's mercy for his help to let us pass through this world safely and go to heaven to be with him, right? That's what they got... a great help.
    Our priest told us today in church that sylvia wrote a poem about the church and in her poem she wished if she could die as a martyr like the old martyrs in the Christ's name AND SHE GOT HER WISH..HOW LUCKY SHE IS!!!
    May God rest all their souls and bless us all and forgive us our sins.
  • again forgive me, but i dont think she can be called a saint and all why? becuase?? well she did sin, wen wer talking saint we speak fo pope kyrillos who im sure never really sinned again sylvia keep me in yur prayers in heaven

can somebody tell me abotu her?
  • I recently contacted me local newspaper (mississauga) and asked them to include something about these horrible incidents, but they said it was not local news. People are escaping the violence of Egypt and the persecution but it's following them to the land of the free, and the home of the brave
  • if u think saints never sinned, ur wrong, its how they repented that made them saints.
    ive told u alot bout sylvia already.
  • hey, i'd have to disagree there buddy :)

all saints, as hard as it is to believe, sinned. on earth, they were still humans in all aspects just as we are.
    their love and dedication to our Lord shined through them, in their lives and actions, so this Light was alot more visible than any darkness.
    if saints didnt really sin- would they need to repent, confess and pray for forgiveness?

in the liturgy, a little before communion time, abouna says 'the Holies for those who are Holy...'
    when he says 'those who are Holy', he's talking about us- thus he's calling us saints. even though we terribly sin we're allowed to take the Holy Body and Precious Blood of Christ, and be called saints everytime we take communion.

saints on earth arent perfect, although the might seem to be. to many Sylvia was a saint because Christ's Light shined through her and covered darkness.

i cant say much about her because i didnt know her, but from reading all her posts, that's one heck of a gal heaven's got up there :)
  • :) ;) :D ;D AMEN AND THREE QUARTERS CRAZY COPT
    as GJI said earlier each time som1 had a problem she wood giv the best answer its lyk it was directly from God there was so much power in her words and actually i benefited alot if u still kinda confused view her profile then go to c last 50 posts and u mite actually c wat we r saying she was lyk an angel from heaven she was cheerful and made other ppl cheerful wen they were down wen ppl were confused she helped them she was such a beautiful person May God repose her soul and may she pray 4 us with her powerful prayers.

btw i didnt know her that much i new her as a sister on this site onli and she really changed my life :) ;) :D ;D

God Bless U All ppl :D
  • i dont know her at all and from the sounds of it u all live in da same place where she lived.. all i want to say is that ppl die and all their friends and loved ones morn about them.. i understand that its hard but if it comforts u all, she is in a better place.. a place where she wants to be.. free of pain n worries.. to her family and friends, she is smiling down at u, she wants u all to be happy... and remeber, this earth isnt our home... :)
  • Hey you guys..

I'm really sorry..and I just wanted to say that I didn't know Sylvia either..but by the sounds of it..she really did sound like such a great saint..I hope we can all learn from her spirituality.. May God comfort you all.. and help you realise that she is in a better place.. and I am so grateful and thankful to be part of such a great site.. which makes me feel like we are all one big orthodox family.. although we're all very far from one another.. Some people live all the way on the other side of the globe...and are still affected and hurt by her martyrdom.. which really shows the love and care we have for one another as sisters and brothers on this site. I thank the Lord again and again..and ask him to strenghten each and every one of us in His faith..more and more each day..and help us to learn many more lessons from our beloved sister Sylvia.. Keep us in your prayers before our Lord Jesus Christ.. Amen

Maz
  • sori guys for killing the convo, but i dont know ANYTHING about a person called silvya or ANYTHING about what you are talking about. can someone just please fill me in.

sori if im a bit slow
  • :) ;) :D ;D hay whizz
    Sylvia may God repose her soul was a gr8 gr8 person that used to talk to us on this site obviously b4 u came about wat happened to her in general discussion pg.2 there is a forum called 'unfortunate news' nd also if u lyk to c wat she was saying to us look for a person which is Magnoona4lyf which was her clik on tha name to view profile den scroll down to view den press 50 if u want to c the last 50 she posted to us

if u need help giv us a nudge :) ;) :D ;D

May GB U ALL PPLZ :) ;) :D ;D
    KEEP SMILIN ;) :D
    FROG
  • thanks fuly rely on god ;), it realy helped. man its scary, i feel realy sori for their family.
  • its oki :) ;) :D ;D

just rememba ppl if sum1 needs assistance giv me a nudge netym nd ill b there :) ;) :D ;D

GBU ALL PPL
    FROG
  • Hey fully rely on God,
    Have u met Sylvia or any of her family members before?
    Just wondering!!! I don't know why this question came up to my head but I really want to speak to sombody who knew this family, or was somehow close to that family.
  • Hey guys Iam new
    I am really interested in Sylvia family's death..
    I have been hearing so much theories about what happened!!
    I guess some of you knew her .. do you guys know what happened? ??? ???