3amal and evil doings

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
hey all
i am really curious about this topic , i wasnt sure of the proper name in english only in arabic its called an 3amal , its where someone goes to somebody who communicates with the devil and tells them to do somehting to harm someone they dont like or have a problem with for example they mite ask him not to let a certain person get married , and that person will never get married , i was wondering how do u no if its done to you and how to stay away from it and if u have any other opinions or advice about it i would appreciate it alot if u told me about it.
thankx heaps

Comments

• Are you thinking about a "witch"? If you are a child of God the power of Satan cannot touch you.What I mean by that is that"spells,curses,hexes,demonic attacks,etc. cannot harm you.If you are in Christ you are protected from such things."Greater is He that is in you than he that is in the world".The Holy Spirit is in you and you are under the protection of the Blood of Christ.
    Do not fear the works and machinations of the evil one and his minions.God is your shield and refuge. Praise be to God!

God can allow evil things to happen in our life take for instance the recent tragedy with the dear Sylvia and her family.But it is allowed only by Gods permission and God will eventually turn it into something good.People will be saved,brought to repentance,lives changed,etc.
    But the power of evil can never prevail over the child of God.We are more than conquerers through Christ our Lord.The Devil can never destroy or harm the temple of the Most High God unless the master of the temple first give permission.And if so it will never be for our permanant harm but rather that goodness and righteousness will ultimately triumph in the end.MarYa{the LORD YaHWeH}be praised forever!God is great!

• i couldnt Have said it better my self ! i love ur posts ! :) through the power of the holyspirt and the blood of Jesus Christ, no evil can be done unto you, because you can repel and fight all evil! i remember hearing something about a monk who lived in the desert, wait i read this in The life of faith by Pope Shenuda! he is awsom, and he was saying that the person of faith can fight all evil through the power of christ! he was speaking in his book about a monk (at least i think i cant remember exactly) and he was saying how this monk was heading back to the monestary and it was late at night so instead of going any further he sat in the desert and drew a circle of crosses around him, and he slept within that circle, in the morning when he woke up he saw the paws of an animal that had circled the area where he had been sleeping but had not goen past the crosses on the ground,GOD protects all his children from danger, but you must have faith that he is protecting you! okay so thats my take on it , although not as elequently stated as the previous post but i think it serves it purpose :)

Maria
  • SaviourOfMySoul,

Thank you for your kind words! I love your posts as well. I learn so much from them! I am amazed at the wisdom God has given you. :)

although not as elequently stated as the previous post

You are much more elequent than I ! But you are also very humble! God bless you.
  • There was a contemplation I heard during a sermon one day. The devil, before the comming of Christ and His death and ressurection had power over men (Story of Job). But, as we say in the prayers of Good Friday, " He decended to hades, broke down the metal gates, He captured and bound the devil,..." that is why afterword there is a verse that says "Satan, your enemy, walks like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour" (Not sure of the refrence) So, now the devil is like a lion who is tied down and caged. He can not harm you but can roar, if you approach his cage or come close, thus straying away from God the source of our protection, then he can harm you.
    I guess the bottom line is, the devil has NO power over us if we dont' submit to him and give him that power. As long as we are with Christ, NOTHING can harm us.
  • the devil has NO power over us if we dont' submit to him and give him that power.

Good word CopticBoy! Sometimes we can open ourselves up to demonic influence and oppression if we dont watch out.If we engage in activities and practices that are forbidden by God we open a door for Satan, allowing him to gain a foothold in our lives.A demonic stronghold such as lust,depression,fear,doubt,anger,bitterness,etc.

Let us{as the Scripture says} "submit ourselves unto God,resist the Devil,and he will flee from us". Let us "give no place to the Devil or the works of darkness".Easier said than done I know.We all struggle and fail at times.But by the power of Christ we will prevail! Thanks be to the Holy Trinity!
  • actually the devil is very trickey... these thing DO work... its black magic... coming from the african countries... like voodoo.. I think thats how you spell it.. sorry, lol.. but the devil would actually make these things happen, by God's permission of course, to hurt, and make the chosen ones, fall and believe in something diffrent.
  • Wow, you all have such remarkable things to say. I just love your faith in God and wonderful and powerful words.

I would just like to add that I once asked Abouna Marcos Hanna from California the same question about Hexis and Evil doings and just people wishing bad things upon others and he said that as long as you are taking communion you cannot be harmed. The body of Christ that was Crucified for us is what saves us and protects us always. As long as we have him in us nothing can harm us because he is mighter than all.
  • :)

Good words Socoolbishoy and Culamala! Excellent! By the way Culamala,welcome to this forum! Please keep posting! Please continue to share your wisdom with us.I agree with you,this forum is so bessed with such great people.God is good!
  • There was a Saint's story (I can't remember for the life of me who the saint is, I think Saint Marina) But The story goes that she was a very devout Christian and she wanted to stay a virgin. The prince of the town however saw her and started having desires for her. He offered to marry her but she refused. He tried to promise her with money and power but she still wouldn't change her mind. She always prayed that God would help her in her cause. Finally a Magician came to the prince and told him that if he would give him (the magician) half his kingdom, he can bring him the girl. The prince, being despreate, complied. So the Magician try to send the devils to convince her, or to bring her. The devils failed miserbly. Finally the magician ordered the devil to take her shap and go to the prince. When he did that, as soon as the prince mentioned her name, the devil disappeared. Later the magician and the prince converted to Christianity because of this saint.
    Moral of the story. If you pray to God, NO HARM, no hex, no withcraft, no wizardry, can have dominion or influnce on us as long as we are with God. God may permit it to happen depending on our spiritual status and to test us (St. Anthony got beat up by the devils) But God knows what we can and can not handle.
  • great story Coptic boy

i think the saint is st. Justina though (i'm not entirely sure, so anyone feel free to correct me)....
    let's remember what st. Paul tells us in the Bible .... "If God is for us, who can be against us?" Rom 8:31

as Christians, we are the most protected living creatures on the face of this earth through the Cross of our Lord... so smile and take on the world as it comes, because nothing can harm us unless God permits it to for a reason we may not understand.

take care and God bless
  • Thanks for the welcome jfranklin. I am really excited to be apart of such a wonderful things such as this.