Took Your Place

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
Took Your Place
One day, a man went to visit a church. He got there early, parked his car, and got out. Another car pulled up near and the driver got out and said, "I always park there! You took my place!"
The visitor went inside for Sunday School, found an empty seat and sat down. A young lady from the church approached him and stated, "That's my seat! You took my place!"
The visitor was somewhat distressed by this rude welcome, but said nothing. After Sunday School, the visitor went into the sanctuary and sat down. Another member walked up to him and said, "That's where I always sit!
You took my place!" The visitor was even more troubled by this treatment, but still He said nothing.
Later as the congregation was praying for Christ to dwell among them, the visitor stood up, and his appearance
began to change. Horrible scars became visible on his hands and on his sandaled feet.
Someone from the congregation noticed him and called out, "What happened to you?"
The visitor replied, as his hat became a crown of thorns, and a tear fell from his eye, "I took your place."

Comments

• awww that's such a nice story!!
    wow...

thanks for sharing it with us :)

i guess it teaches us many things: among them that our Lord is always amongst us, whether we see Him or not...

take care all and God bless
  • wow! that is such a nice story i am going to share that with everyone oh my that sent shivers down my spine thanks i never thought about things like that before!

Maria
  • thanx that was a great story
    but as all of u already know( im slow) so plz would someone reword the ending
    i mean i get it, the storyy, but whats the message
    lol
    CA
  • rite there with u coptic angel... some reword it pleez :-[
  • the man is JESUS who took our place on the cross? or I think that is what it meant...

I loved the story... AMAZING
  • i loved that story too negro
  • Awesome Story!! :) :)
  • did u just say negro????????
  • [quote author=Nazbert Nazonian link=board=1;threadid=1103;start=0#msg18572 date=1106270439]
    did u just say negro????????

ya, what's up with that?

• WOW! thats amazing i felt my heart skip a beat!
  • Truly awesome. I loved the story and I will share it with many.
    Thanks for sharing and caring.

love
  • u didnt answer me u guys
    would u plz reword it
    LOL im slow
    so jesus took our place but whats the point of the ppl saying u took my place ???
  • Anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong
    but what i think it means is that...we might get upset or get mad a bit that things happen to us that we might have wanted something else. Like maybe we wanted that thing so bad...and we kept on asking God to give it to us...but then God gives us something else instead...and we get upset abt it....but in reality when we look at it...we will see that the thing that God gave to us was the good thing and tht's the thing that we needed. So, we get upset that God took our place, but we don't really see that He took our place and died on the cross...
  • o ok that makes sense
    thanz
  • Hey everyone:
    The moral of the story is:
    Everyone was so selfish, they did not want to share their good places in parking, seeting in the church, in Sunday school ... etc. They wanted the good places only for themselves, not sharing them with strangers or visitors or suffering people...; they will only give away anything that will make them feel bad or sorrow, and they forgot or did not realize that God has accepted to take our places and die on our behalf to save us from the eternal death because of our sins, and He shared with us His heavenly kingdom and called us His children.
    So as Christians we need to share our good times, good posseions, good places on earth and feel the sorrow of others, stop being selfish and act as servants to others who are in need of any kind of help, be hospitable and greet our visitors and newcomers into our churches and faith so they can feel they are at home...
    But in the meantime we have to exercise caution and wisdom when talking to strangers and to be able to detremine whether they are for real or not. Abouna can be the judge for that with his experience in service.
    God bless all
    Ibrahim
  • :)hay thnx for sharing that it was really really nyc nd moving as well it teaches alot i also hav a really nyc story that i liked

A priest in one American city could not find a spot to park his car. The priest feared that he would be late for an important appointment that he could not miss. As time started running out, the priest felt obligated to illegally park his car. He left a note on the windshield for the parking enforcement officer saying:
    Dear officer:
    I am a priest who always follows the law and hates to break it.
    I was late for a very important appointment. I tried very hard to find a parking spot and kept going in circles but was not successful in securing one. All parking meters were taken.
    Fearing to miss my appointment and for the lack of time I had to leave my car in this illegal spot. "Forgive us our trespasses".
    While the priest was in his meeting, his car was spotted by a police officer. The office approached the car and as he was ready to write the parking ticket he noticed the note that was left by the priest. After reading the note, the officer came to the conclusion that this priest was careful to obey the law except that he was pressured to break it in this small incidence.
    The Police officer became troubled for few minutes since he has a duty to "serve and protect the public". He spent few minutes reasoning with himself about giving a parking ticket to this priest. Finally he wrote the parking ticket and with it he left a note to the priest saying:
    Dear Reverence:
    I read your note and I am always in the service of the public.
    I did not wish to write you this parking ticket. However, I became worried to loose my job, "...and lead us not into temptation".
    In this story the priest quoted a sentence from the Lord's prayer hoping it will serve in delivering his excuse to the officer. The officer in turn quoted a subsequent sentence from the same prayer justifying his motive for writing the ticket.
    On the contrary, we always stand before God in prayer and present never-ending excuses. God, in His great and amazing love, lend ear to us and announce his desire to forgive us our trespasses and not remember them. If humans could not stand our weaknesses, we should always remember that God will always accept and love us. Truly, how Great Thou Art, our God!!

GBU ALWAYS PPL
    FROG

i also hav another 1 ill post after this 1
  • WE ARE ALL RELATED

These are the families of the sons of Noah, after their generations, in their nations: and by these were the nations divided in the earth after the flood. Genesis 10:32.
    We have all said at one time or another that we are all related--through Noah (or through Adam). But have you ever bothered to figure out what that means? A man once claimed to have figured out mathematically how closely related we are to everyone else in the world. If his figures are correct, we cannot be more than thirtieth cousins of anyone on earth. And that would be the upper limit of how unrelated we can be. Actually we are probably more closely related than that to everyone in the world. Guess what--you have 5 billion cousins! Now don't forget their birthdays, and be sure to send presents to every one of them this Christmas. Don't play favorites by remembering only 2 billion or 3 billion. It is all or none!
    Perhaps we are being a bit silly, but this is to make the point that we are really quite closely related to every human on earth. You might think that this doesn't include the people of other races and colors and nationalities, but it does! If you are Swedish you would be no more than thirtieth cousin to the Peruvian Indian girl born yesterday in the Amazon headwaters at the base of the Andes Mountains. Did you send her parents a congratulations card?
    The average person would have about a million "relatives" from just the past five hundred years, so don't get too carried away with your family tree. And all of your ancestors had descendants other than you and your immediate family, so things become complicated very quickly when we try to prove that we have pure blood lines.
    Actually, in the sight of God we are all brothers and sisters if we belong to His huge family. Jesus came down as God, became our brother, and died for us. Now stop. and think a minute. Remember that you are closely related to every human being who ever lived. Jesus was and is a human being, in addition to His being divine.

thats the other 1
    GOD BLESS ALL
    FROG
  • that's a great story!!!! :o
  • thats nice but it doesnt move me too much lol
    as my mother reminds me daily
    i dont feel/i have no blood