Visiting bishop

Hi,

I have some trouble when we have a visiting Bishop adding the visiting bishop part just after our Bishop part on all hymns (hiten of Ekesmaroout, verses of the cymbals, marouechafs, concluding hymn, empeniot, hiten, piehmot ghar). Each Bishop part individually no problem, but both in the same part, it doesn't flow well.

Would you have a Liturgy on youtube where the deacons manage well the Bishop parts when there's a visiting Bishop?

Yoan.

Comments

• did you try all these?
    i think some of them have more than 1 bishop in the hymn.
  • They just show how you say it when there's a Bishop or when there's a Metropolitan but not when there's 2 bishops. Plus the Bishop part and Metropolitan part are not linked, it's stopped, commented, then the second part is played.

What I'm looking for is a live recording of a Chuch that receives a Bishop that is not the Bishop of their Diocese.
  • hhm i think you just make it up as we do in the churches i go to!
    sing the line for the 1st bishop, then a tiny breath and then the line for the next bishop in the same tune.
    the person who can sing it fastest with the least breathing gets the prize!
    (or maybe that is just how i sing it from the back of the church...)
    ;)
  • We had 7 bishops visit our church recently, none from our diocese, and we prayed liturgy with them. Here’s what we did:

Let’s say we’re visited by their fictional Graces Abba Basil, Abba Gregory, and Abba Kyrillos, in descending seniority. We would say Ⲕⲥⲙⲁⲣⲱⲟⲩⲧ... Ϩⲓⲧⲉⲛ ⲛⲓⲉⲩⲭⲏ ⲛⲧⲉ ⲡⲉⲛⲓⲱⲧ ⲉⲧⲧⲁⲓⲏⲟⲩⲧ ⲛⲁⲣⲭⲏⲉⲣⲉⲥ ⲡⲁⲡⲁ ⲁⲃⲃⲁ Ⲧⲁⲱⲁⲇⲣⲟⲥ: ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲉⲛⲓⲱⲧ ⲛⲇⲓⲕⲉⲟⲥ ⲁⲃⲃⲁ Ⲃⲁⲥⲓⲗ, ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲉⲛⲓⲱⲧ ⲛⲇⲓⲕⲉⲟⲥ ⲁⲃⲃⲁ Ⲅⲣⲉⲅⲱⲣⲏ, ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲉⲛⲓⲱⲧ ⲛⲇⲓⲕⲉⲟⲥ ⲁⲃⲃⲁ Ⲕⲩⲣⲓⲗⲗⲟⲥ: Ⲡⲟ︦ⲥ︦ ⲁⲣⲓ...
    while saying the first 3 (Pope, Bishop 1, Bishop 2) pretty much the same way, and finishing with Bishop 3 like normal.
    If you have a mix of metropolitans and bishops, they get separate verses (metropolitans first).

For Ⲙⲁⲣⲟⲩϭⲁⲥϥ and ⲡⲓϩⲙⲟⲧ ⲅⲁⲣ, each Bishop gets their own stichon (ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲉⲛⲓⲱⲧ ⲙⲙⲉⲧⲣⲟⲡⲟⲗⲓⲧⲏⲥ/ⲛⲉⲡⲓⲥⲕⲟⲡⲟⲥ ⲁⲃⲃⲁ ⲛⲓⲙ), all Metropolitans first then Bishops.

For ⲛⲓⲥⲁⲃⲉⲩ (and ⲁⲕϭⲓ ⲧⲭⲁⲣⲓⲥ in Vespers the night before when we has 4 of 7) we said ⲛⲉⲙ ⲛⲉⲛⲓⲱϯ ⲛⲉⲡⲓⲥⲕⲟⲡⲟⲥ ⲛⲏⲉⲧⲭⲏ ⲛⲉⲙⲁⲛ. This is the safest bet if you’re not sure.

Hope this helps!
  • Thank you very much for your help :)
  • ⲛⲉⲙ ⲡⲉⲛⲓⲱⲧ ⲛ̀ⲉⲡⲓⲥⲕⲟⲡⲟⲥ* not ⲛ̀ⲇⲓⲕⲉⲟⲥ.
  • I have another question, is it customary to sing Evlogimenos when a Bishop arrives or is it better to sing Ekesmaroout?
  • Ⲕⲥⲙⲁⲣⲱⲟⲩⲧ : ⲉⲩⲗⲟⲅⲏⲙⲉⲛⲟⲥ during festive occasions
    Ⲟⲩϫⲁⲓ ϧⲉⲛ ⲡϭⲥ