Puberty

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
this topic is a nice one why? becuasei can guarentte that 90 percent of posters are experiencing it,

i dont like it...

for these reasons:

(ok im gonne be pretty mature about this bare with me)

ok so im experiencing it right now, and i feel im being attracted to girls which is normal which is taking me away from God, but i am fighting it.

also, i hate having erections, makes me feel weird. sorry for the weird guys but it has to be brought up.

also, i see myself with more acne, and my body is growing thru dese changes, and im ok wiht it , but i rather live with out

wudn't u?

Comments

• i agree with u... y does God give this to us and tell us not to act on our feelings with girls etc etc... someone anser that because i am confused
  • thank you very much holy week i agree with u
  • We sit in school day after day and learn about how these changes occur and wat is normal but then we get lectured in church about not doing anything which really makes me wonder y this happns if everythin happns for a reason.
  • i guess our body chnages a lot so these hormones have to chnage first
  • boys boys boys. puberty is a wonderful natural part of life. idk what more can i say? Its gotta happen and it may suck for a while but you'll get used to it.
  • :)

God allows your body to change because your leaving childhood and entering young adulthood.Marriage,having children and raising a family, are all good things that God has prepared for you.Your body maturing is just part of the process.Something God has ordained for each one of us.This early period of adulthood also gives us a chance to discipline our bodies,to bring them under control,to channel our energies{sexual and otherwise}into something positive for the kingdom of God.When the time is right,you get married,and are very glad that God allowed your body to change.
  • Oh, don't forget the voice. For the past like half year, whenever I go high on a hymn, my voice always cracks. Once during tasbeha two days ago, we were doing the Sunday Theotokia, and we were on Teoi Enhikanos, and then on one of the high verses I went really high, and everyone was laughing at me after tasbeha. They like to say that I squeak. I hate when that happens. Especially because no one else my ages' voices crack. I'm the only one :'(. I don't know if it already happened to them or what. All I know, is that it sucks >:(.

• This is a rather unusual topic to be discussing here, but basically puberty is part of growing up physically, mentally, emotionally and of course spiritually.

Puberty gives you the opportunity to learn how to control your body and its "functions"... If you can't learn how to control yourself now, while you are still growing up - then when you get older you might not be able to.

Try to think of it along the lines of a fast - putting the body in control and letting the spirit do its thing.

Just keep focus on something else.

Now, back to business... if their isn't anything more anyone has to say....that has some spirituall relevance.

Can I declare this topic closed?
  • [quote author=EgYpTiAnMaTT91 link=board=1;threadid=1059;start=0#msg17918 date=1105429579]
    Oh, don't forget the voice. For the past like half year, whenever I go high on a hymn, my voice always cracks. Once during tasbeha two days ago, we were doing the Sunday Theotokia, and we were on Teoi Enhikanos, and then on one of the high verses I went really high, and everyone was laughing at me after tasbeha. They like to say that I squeak. I hate when that happens. Especially because no one else my ages' voices crack. I'm the only one :'(. I don't know if it already happened to them or what. All I know, is that it sucks >:(.

oh trust me, everybody goes through that lol
    i remember we were saying Tenen in the midnight praise in Kiahk, and u know there's this high part that comes every time, so i used to get that note quite easily, but when my voice started to change, it was so uhm, well the same "cracking" happened. It's just that ur voice becomes rather unstable for a while so try to hold urself a bit till the voice stabilises again, and then u'll find out what the boundaries of ur voice are, how high/low u can go...it's just a phase, verry annoying though
  • i agree, every1 goes through it god made us all to go thru this, its kind of a test to toughen u up 4 life, if u can control ur hormones its a good thing. I know its hard, its not the change or the feelings u should feel guilty about, its the approach u take, the things u do, if u act on the emotions, then u need to practice some self control.

it will end at a point and when that point comes, ull understand. sometimes it may take some years thu to permanently stable ur feelings.
  • actually maged, we are discussing how God created our bodies, and well that is worth speaking of if u noe what i mean.
  • actually there are som articles ive read about how to get rid of erections and other things liek coptic articles if i find them ill post them but heres a 2 i remember

+ you get an erection by laying on your back to long so the monks used to tie Knots oout of rope and put them on there back so if they fell asleep they would wake up

+When you get a spontaneous(meaning not purposely by looking at sumone in a bad way), erection saying the lords prayer will make it go away

this kind of a touchy topic and is a little bit uncomfortable but if i find the articles ill post the link

aghape,
    chris
  • actually there are som articles ive read about how to get rid of erections

Erections are a God given natural reaction in your body.You should not be ashamed of them but rather see this as an opportunity to excercise self control and gain mastery over your body by the Holy Spirit's help.Say to yourself'"Yes, this is a natural bodily reaction but I will not let my flesh rule over my spirit man but rather I will bring all bodily reactions under the control of my spiritual self.This natural body function is only to be used during marriage and thus I will control its function.I am a Temple of the Holy Spirit and I will honor my God in my body."Erections are not evil in themselves but they must be cotrolled and brought under submission.
  • so do i say the lords prayer when i get one?
  • bcuz u noe wut im soryr for the soft topic, but dey really make feel weird
  • well the monks say if u say Our Father...WHile u have one its sposed to go away

aghape,
    chris
  • in my opinion i think its just something we should go through with it.its just natural and God lets this happen ton us as a special reason. so really theres nothing really wrong with it
  • yeah there isnt i just read taht ist a thing the monks do and if you dont like getting one wich most ppl dont then u say that
    aghape,
    chris
  • i think we get it bcuz when u become a man or woman, the transition is fast, so if we ask God to help us he will and it wont be a problem

blast that devil :)
  • I agree its hard to go thorugh puberty although its over now (except for the period thing) but its God's way of telling us you know get yourself under contorl, and when temptaion faces you fight it. i think that the best way to deal with it is just to think about God at all times, it helps to know he is there and he knows what you are going through. dont stress to much trust that god will help you through it.

Maria
  • when teens hit puberty and start growing is a big change for many; physically, mentally emotionally, and perhaps spiritually. as many said, we should just take it as it is and know that its a sign of us growing, get to know ourselves and use our maturing to grown spiritually in God. both boys and girls are growing in ways the other cant explain and experience, but for both its probably very annoying, however its a part of life....

importantly however, we should be careful and be sure not to be stumbling blocks for others.
    during puberty, the most obvious change is physical. our body image changes and we become more of a man/woman (depending).... we should be sure not to misuse our growth in a way that would perhaps 'attract others' and cause perhaps unclean thoughts or wandering thoughts...

for everthing you have and go through, use it for the glory of God (as hard as it may seem in some cases such as this...)

jus my lil thoughts on this!

take care and God bless