Why are you an Oriental Orthodox Christian?

I just thought it would be cool to start a new thread to ask the forum members: Why are you an Oriental Orthodox Christian? What led you to the conclusion that Oriental Orthodoxy is the Truth?

Comments

• when i found the orthodox church, it was coptic. i am equally at home in the greek church.
  • 1. The Holy Spirit through an ivitation of a deacon brought me, athough I should of come sooner the first time when Pope Shenoda came for a visit. It was very much the prodigal son.
    2. In much the same way the Holy Spirit guides me to make connections with the truth in Jesus Christ. So in John 14: 5-6. Thomas asks Jesus Lord we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way? Jesus said to him, I am the way, the thruth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.
    Go forward to pentacost and the Holy Spirit supporting the church. What can be said? Has the Holy Spirit been supporting the church two, three generations after this? Yes it has. Even before the bible was written. This is tradition, and it is tradition that the Holy Spirit supports because it makes all the connections that we are all one. And life is very much like the prodigal son where we keep on falling but the traditional church stays strong in its faith and all the wisdom it has returns me to the way the truth and the life.
    When I say this it is with a sense of belonging because I searched for these things. Is it not because of a total sense of self because then I would of been searching for the wrong things. If I was been analytical, I could search for details, but is that what Christ asks of us? I believe not, but to live in His way and that's what unifies us personally, but also the church. What could be said of the Holy Spirit, that it could be supporting that church from pentacost up until now and that as the apostles saw a healing mystical Jesus Christ then that is what we have and that by tradition still holds true.
    The church is the bride of Christ so also by tradition, to try to keep her pure despite our falls, that she is ready when the time comes whenever that may be.
    Some of my thoughts.