lying in a different way..

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
well ok i've been asked this question.. " is it wrong to lie to ppl that want u to do wrong?" i mean its like if ur asked to do sumthing.. can u lie and make execuses so u won't do that bad thing w/ these ppl?? ???
plz help bcz i just stood there and was like "i have nooo idea" and that question got me confused.. and now i'm asking u guys.. so plz plzplz help ur lil sis here.. okay??
thnx alot.. :-* :-* :-*

Rina ;)

Comments

• lol.. ppl is a short term 4 people.. ok?.. good thing u asked.. maybe other ppl don't get it either.. so u helped them.. GOD BLESS U!! :-* :-* :-*
  • lol, ppl stands for people

rina, i think in such a case u have to choose to sin, or to sin bigtime lol

if u can avoid commiting a big sin by a small lie, i'm sure God will forgive u

actually i do that all the time ;D
  • oooh u just made my day bigtym... lol... thnx alot sweetie.. :-* :-* :-*
    anyone else??? :D.. i'd luv it even more if u guys all reply.. ;D ;D ;D

Rina ;)
  • its wrong.
    u must be strong in the faith and nit find a way to lie and make excusses but be hoest and confront them.
  • but how can u do that??????? i mean they're evil.. wut wud u say to them???????? ???
  • i understand that sometimes its hard to be honest and lying would seem like the best way to prevent yourself from sinning... but i talked to a priest about this because i had that habit..and he said that lying was not an option...do not lie! God Himself condemed liars to the fires of hell:

"But the cowardly, unbelieving, abominable, murderers, sexually immoral, sorcerers, idolaters, and all liars shall have their part in the lake which burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death." Revelation 21:8

i know we can confess and all by why do it?.... i was told just to be honest and say 'no' or whatever answer is appropriate and true, and just accept any concequences of the honest answer that comes after it.... i mean, getting hurt (physically, emotionally, mentally etc.) for Christ due to a response is alot better than lying.....

jus my 0.5 cents...

keep shining for Christ everyone! ;D
  • thnx again crazycopt.. ur amazing.. :-* :-* :-*
  • hey guys sorry to change the topic....but are all sins equal in the eyes of God????
  • yea, I asked and got a plain old no..sin does not make up for sin. A sin is a sin wether be it small or big. "small and big" are worldy terms that we like to use. God bless.
  • [quote author=arubaiscrazy link=board=1;threadid=968;start=0#msg16886 date=1104460668]
    hey guys sorry to change the topic....but are all sins equal in the eyes of God????

Yes..I'm not so sure though. Otherwise the making up for sins by other smaller ones would be right and I doubt it is.
  • yea thats wut i thought....there are no small or large sins and no white lies....rite
  • yup, in God's eyes, a sin is a sin.....
    so if u swear or murder its the same to Him (not too comforting is it?)
    ..... the only thing is, on earth, each one has a different consequence.... so we tend to put lables on them...

take care and keep Christ shining through you!
  • yea lyk priest , bishop, etc are judged on a different level than us because of their spiritual knowledge... :) :)....im glad i cant be a priest or a bishop...lol...jk
  • hhheeyyyy guyssss, lolx...THE NEW YR IS IN EXACTLY 23HRZ AND 38MIN!! lolx, sorry had 2 share....

okie my comments on this topic....i do this often, just because it really solves sum issues sometimes. Like when ppl ask u, do u have a boyfriend....of course i dont, but i end up saying no to avoid all the questions and it usually worx bcuz they leave me alone. And when my friends in skewl ask me if i want to go to house parties i say no and come up with an excuse not to go. I understand its semi-wrong or biblically incorrect, but its just so much easier and not to mention a lot safer than telling the truth.... :-X wowow that sounded bad, lolx :-\ sorry guys i didnt mean it lyk that but those of u that have been there get wut i'm sayin... ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • i think not all sins are equal, cos we see that wen christ tells us that blasphemy against the holy spirit (not repenting) will not be forgiven, so i think that shows some order of sins....
  • thats a good point... :-\

But wait, i mean if they weren't equal then wouldn't we then be able to go around saying "o well my sin is better than yours" or "mine was smaller/bigger" . I mean i kno we cant go around saying these things, but i'm just saying.

And i really also think that sins dont have levels because if they did then God wouldn't have said that if u sin with ur heart its the same thing as doing the actual thing. So if i lusted with my eyes on a person, its the same as commiting what I lusted for with him, rite? ???

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • I don't know, personally, I think there are different levels of sin. Because in order to build up to the level of being able to murder somebody, you are a completely different person than from someone who lets a word slip occasionally or who didn't read the Bible for a night... I see what you're saying and everything, and it makes perfect sense, but I just find it hard to believe.... because that would be like saying, if I steal a pen that is just the same as stealing a diamond. It is absolutely not in my opinion, because in your eyes, a diamond is a big thing to steal, and it would be much more wrong to steal than a pen.

not that pens aren't wrong to steal.... ::)
  • i think there's def a specific order of sin, some sins are greater than others, remember the words of our Lord to Pilate:

he that delivered me unto thee hath the greater sin (John 19:11)

it's true that lying is a sin, but what if there's no other way? Sin, or sin ten times worse, i'm sure there's no problem in lying in such cases, because then ur keeping urself from doing something worse.

I remember a story from Anba Sarapamon abu tar7a

there was this woman who had left her husband, and went to a house of prostitutes. A friend of the husband found out, and went to tell the husband.
    Anba Sarapamon wanted to save the woman and the marriage so went to the house himself to get her out of there, and she told him that she still hadn't done any sin and repented.
    The problem of course would be that the husband wouldnt believe she did nothing wrong so what could he do to save the marriage:

while he was in a conversation with the husband and the friend about the whole issue, he asked one of the priest who served with him to come disturbe them in the middle of the conversation, and tell them that a woman came to him crying, that she didnt have a place to stay, and how hard it would be for the priest to take her in his own house (becuase he already has a full house; wife and kids etc). Anba Sarapamon told him; let the woman enter, and of course the husband recognized his wife, and asked forgiveness that he thought she had sinned.
    In this case if the Bisschop hadn't lied to the husband, the whole family would never come back together again, due to the fact that he would have never believed she didnt commit any sin in that house, so this "lie" saved the marriage.

of course a lie is a lie, but when u come to reality it's just inevitable that in some cases u just have to lie to save certain situations :-\
  • Ladies and Gents,‎
    A sin is a sin is a sin, etc....‎
    I don't know where exactly Christ said that, but He said something to the effect of if you ‎don't kill but you commit adultery, then you broke the law. All sins are equal in the eyes ‎of God. ‎
    The only difference is they are two kinds:‎
    ‎1) A sin that is NOT for death: This is the sin that you acknowledge and repent and do ‎not go back to it again. ‎
    ‎2) A sin that is for death: this is the sin that you know is a sin but you do NOT even make ‎any conscious effort to stop it. (Blaspheming against the Holy spirit) ‎

The Martyrs would have had it easier if they lied and said (we can't worship the idols ‎today because we have other duties) or (I will go do that at my own house) "Then you ‎will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.� (John 8:32)‎

Magnoona4lyf,‎
    I completely understand where you are coming from, and I used to do that, but someone ‎told me the right answer is "Just as you are free to have a boyfriend/girlfriend, I am free ‎NOT to" and take it a chance to tell them a little bit about our church and faith. You ‎might end up leading someone to salvation.‎

LHM,‎
    You are right, you don't just get up in the morning and kill someone, but by getting angry ‎with them, cursing them, etc... you are putting your foot on the path of killing. That is ‎why it is wrong to start. ‎
    ‎“You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘Do not murder, and anyone who ‎murders will be subject to judgment.’ 22But I tell you that anyone who is angry with his ‎brother will be subject to judgment. Again, anyone who says to his brother, ‘Raca,’ is ‎answerable to the Sanhedrin. But anyone who says, ‘You fool!’ will be in danger of the ‎fire of hell." (Matthew 5:21,22)‎

Every time I read this verse (actually the whole chapter) I start thinking that only thru ‎God's Mercy and compassion are we going to be saved, cuz I don't know about you all, ‎but there aren't that many days that I don't call some one 'fool' ‎

God may have mercy on all of us
  • i think its all in ur heart, if u lie and feel guilty the sec u say it then its wrong bc even tho it comes out by accidant we must be held accountable for what we say. A lie is a lie. Its worse if we plan it out i suppose like planning a long epic of y u went to the mall, because then ur denying the holy spirit by deliberatley ignoring god and dwelling on the evil that ur going to say. but when u react quickly and say no to a question then it just shows that u need some self disipline.
  • hey pplz... ok well sum of us think thats all sins r equal.. well not exactly bcz God said to consentrate on our small sins as much as we consentrate on our big sins.. well i think there's a story abt that.. i think it goes like ok umm.. sum boy died and then appeared to his mom and told her to take care of the small sins too.. bcz we do get judged on them as well.. so ya.. i'm still confused.. i think i just confused myself even more.. :-\

Rina ;) :'(.. i'm having sum bad tyms-i can't just put the winking face... :'(