Is it fair to say that all the servants in the church should also by deacons?

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
should all the male servants in the church be deacons.
I am not and I am being pressured to be one.
so please give your openion
thanks

Comments

• [quote author=mike84 link=board=1;threadid=969;start=0#msg16855 date=1104449011]
    I am being pressured to be one.

well i think that u shudn't be "pressured" to be a deacon.. i mean if u wanna be one then go right ahead
    but if u don't then.. u don't.. get me???? :D ;D
  • yes I do, thanks for your honesty ;)

my problem is that I don't know any coptic and I don't have the time to learn
  • oh... i dunno wut else to say but oh!!.. i mean u gotta have tym sumtym.. if u really want to be a deacon then u will make tym to learn hymns.. even if u don't.. u will.. get me?? i kno i'm confusing but ya.. ;D :D

Rina ;)
  • u have any id how many deacons there are who know absolutely 0% of coptic and hymns etc

i dont think it's a big problem if there's one more, and trust me, u'll learn. If u start to dress as a deacon, and start listening to hymns etc u'll be better than most deacons within 2 years ;)

dont thnk u should be forced though :)
  • yup yup matt's right.. just like always.. ;D :D
  • always? :o
    i hope not lol :-X
  • if ur not a deacon then i strongly believe u shood be, as ur beng offered a gift that many gals wish that they were offered, its a blessed to be a deacon, so i believe by saying no ur turning down a huge blessing.

but wat i really hate is wen guys are ordained deacons and they choose not to wear their tonya, bish moses told us that it our duty to dress up as a deacon, and if we dont then we shood get a bish to unordain us, cos thats betta than not fulling our duties...
  • nice words George.. ;D :D ;)
  • george is rite....i would dye to get a chance to be a decon just for one day....you guys get to be there center row during the most blessed moments during the liturgy...you get to serve in the altar...you rite there in front of God....i donno.... this is a blessing that is amazing that God as given to you guys...just for you...that would make me feel special....lol....besides your the first ones to take communion....lol...jk.... but dont do it if you think that you cant handle it or you just dont want it...but just think about it i guess....you have nothing to lose but everything to gain.... :)
  • yea being a deacon is cool man, i knwo tons of deacons my age who only know epi prosevki stahtie and stahtie meta vovo and dats about it
  • if ur not a deacon then i strongly believe u shood be,

NO... a deacon is picked to serve God... so it is not up to you, or to me... or to anyone, but to your father of confession to tell okay.. or not...

but wat i really hate is wen guys are ordained deacons and they choose not to wear their tonya

I agree... a deacon should not take communion, except with his tonya on... And one more thing... YOU CANT QUIT.. I hate it when deacons say that.
  • In the old chuch (Apostles time) all who served were ordained decons that attended to the ministry. Even the Ladies nowadays are called deaconess. That doesn't mean that you can serve in the alter or whatever, but anybody who serves God in His church is a deacon/deaconess.
    Mike,
    No one is born knowing coptic, Lord knows I didn't know anything when I was ordained, It wasn't till years later that I started dressing every week and that is how I learnt. When, properly motiviated, you do things you normally thought you wouldn't do.
    It is like this as one person told me "if you wait to memorize and know coptic, you won't get to be a deacon, but Become a deacon and you will learn coptic and hymns, etc..."
    you shouldn't however be PRESSURED to do it. It is a service call from God Himself, you should answer it at your will.
  • but wat i really hate is wen guys are ordained deacons and they choose not to wear their tonya, bish moses told us that it our duty to dress up as a deacon, and if we dont then we shood get a bish to unordain us, cos thats betta than not fulling our duties...

sooo true George, it's truly one of those duties. Once a deacon always a deacon (i dont mind that part though ;))

"if you wait to memorize and know coptic, you won't get to be a deacon, but Become a deacon and you will learn coptic and hymns, etc..."

great point, it's just like prayer: if u wait till u can pray from the dept of ur heart and all of that, u will never pray. It's one of the many things that grow over time :)
  • you know how i learned coptic? i read this same passage and translated it into coptic-english and then i learned mroe letters and im still learning, but only after i became a deacon tho