Evshes

Hey,
I was wandering if anyone knew the hymn that mentions all the names of the Patriarchs during the liturgy or if someone knew that this occurred before the last verse of evshes?

God Bless

Comments

• This is it. after the " Owayy Marko to agio apostolo...", you continue with the names of the Popes.
  • Wow, that must take a while... Do you have a recording of this hymn?

God Bless
  • [quote author=Faithfull Servant 1 link=topic=14622.msg165992#msg165992 date=1379377342]
    Wow, that must take a while... Do you have a recording of this hymn?

God Bless

I have never heard all the names said within the hymns. Everyone chants Oway Marko and then that's it. but i was told that many have included specific popes' names like Pope Athansius or Shenouda of Cyril.
  • Oh sorry I wasn't clear but thank you though I already have a recording of evshes, I was wandering if anyone had a recording of all 119 Patriarchs name's being chanted?

God Bless
  • Dear Faithful Servant 1,
    Why would you really think that somebody may have had the time to chant that hymn in its entirety? At a time when people plead with the authorities to shorten the time the Liturgy takes, I don't think you will ever find that recorded. Sad but true.
    Oujai qen `P[C
  • If it makes you feel better, i have the names of the Popes on my phone and always read them during the commemoration...or force young deacons standing next to me :-D
  • Thanks Mina, I hope I learn from you
    Oujai