"Hey Ladies" (and everyone else)

edited December 1969 in Faith Issues
What is the roll of women in the CHURCH?

Comments

• [center]†[/center]

Women, i think take care of the church and some can become nuns as you know, and they help clean up around the kitchen, which guys can do by the way, but woman MOST OF THE TIME, tend to do it

i usually see women to do the cleaning

sorry if i am wrogn pls correct me , becoz im not shure about this

[shadow=purple,left][glow=purple,2,300]- Mr. Coptic Orthodox[/glow][/shadow]
    [center]†[/center]
  • [center]†[/center]

to add to that , I AM A FULL MEMBER< o yaaaaaaaaa

thank you thank you thank you

[shadow=purple,left][glow=purple,2,300]- Mr. Coptic Orthodox[/glow][/shadow]
    [center]†[/center]
  • hey guys i agree with mr co women generally clean the church from top 2 bottom um i no at our church ma aunt and friends go tochurch everey saturday except the 1st 1 2 clean. basicaly all the jobs women can do men can also do (note i didnt say nefing bout doin it better) :P i also see women taking care of the church eg in my church st mary and st minas sydney ;D we have 2 women taking care of the church all the stuff thats hard work they let a man do.

hope it helped you out ;D

[glow=red,2,300][/glow] JUSTUTIII ;)
  • There are Sunday school teachers that are women, and coordinators of things, and lots of other cool stuff. Yup ladies, it's all about us. ;D ;D :D
  • yeah...i think cleaning and sunday school teachers are the most common roles in the church...but we can't clean the altar thou...as i heard before
  • "LET YOUR WOMEN KEEP SILENT IN THE CHURCHES,FOR THEY
    ARE NOT PERMITTED
    TO SPEAK; BUT THEY ARE TO BE SUBMISSIVE, AS TH LAW ALSO SAYS. AND IF THEY WANT TO LEARN SOMETHING, LET THEM ASK THEIR OWN HUSBANDS AT HOME; FOR IT IS
    SHAMEFUL
    FOR WOMEN TO SPEAK IN CHURCH." CORINTHIANS CH. 14 V. 34-35
  • I think he's trying to point out the fact that ladies can't serve as deacons and priests and so on cuz the question was what is the role of women. But I have a question, so what does it mean that we can't ask questions? Because by preaching, you're giving answers and explanations and encouragement or leading in hymns, etc., so if it doesn't refer to those preaching roles, than what does it refer to?
  • And what about Sunday school teachers that are women? Doesn't that practice go against what is being said in the verse?
  • hey guys correct me if im wrong...but i think that women in some cases are comforters of the church.... they apporach you if you have a problem and gently try to help you....i noe men could do that to and so can aboona but women just have the gentle touch....i hope i made sense....because in m experience if someone was crying in my church a woman is always the one to appoarch them...i guess thats mostly with girls...so maybe women are supposed to be the role models and advisers for younger girls.....i hope im making some kind of sense...lol
  • omg wut kinda question is that Bishoy... hey we're important ok? the church does need women.. like others said 4 sunday school.. 4 comforter.. 4 whole lotz of other stuff... and if u have noticed in any church in any surves.. look at the women's side then the men's which is more?? of course the women.. they represent a huge part of the ppl.. i dunno how to spell the other word 4 it.. so ya u get wut i'm talking abt right?? hope u do :-\
    neways so we women mean alot to the church just by being there.. plus mostly the women r the once that bring their children like drive 'em and stuff... men r usually too buzy working.. do i make sense???
    hop i do.. and girls fight 4 it.. we have our roll.. don't give up.. ;) ;D

Rina ;)
  • yea most importantly women give birth to guys who grow up tp be decons, priests, bishops....so without us the church literally wouldnt exist....lol.... :) :) :) :)
  • good one aruba..lol ;D ;D ;D u go girl :D :-*
  • thanks...lol... :) :) :) :) :)....see we do have a big part to do with the church...lol
  • FOR IT IS
    SHAMEFUL
    FOR WOMEN TO SPEAK IN CHURCH."

Also women cant do sermons in church...
  • y are you guys trying to put us down...lol....jk...but didnt mother teresa give sermons...just wondering
  • ya u r very right aruba.. wuts up w/ that??? :-\
  • actually you guys really cant put us down...because the best female role model that we all love dearly and gave birth to our Savior...would be Saint Mary...so women are needed.....if it wasnt for a women....God wouldnt have been born into this earth.... :) :) :)
  • actually you guys really cant put us down...because the best female role model that we all love dearly and gave birth to our Savior...would be Saint Mary..

and the best male role model the savior...

lol... I am not arguing... I was just kidding, but here is what I am trying to get.... since I see many girls on the site, I just wanna know what is their role in the church... and these kinda of things... I know girls have many roles in the church, and that is why this thread is made... to see the dues and don’ts of the female roles.

So ladies don’t get mad… I know some just wanna kill me right now… but don’t, I am too young (birthday thread) to die… wait that also should go on another thread (death)…. Lol
  • lolx...no1 wants to kill....hurt maybe but not kill, hahah jk..lolx

Okie well lets look @ it this way...can u c the church w/o women? Can u see teenage girls beeing taught by a young man in sunday school discussing topics that i know no teenage girl would want to discuss with a guy period? I mean yeah they are limited as to what they can do in church somewhat, but the roles they do have play very very important parts. I personally wouldn't feel comfotable discussing some topics discussed in my sunday school class with a man of any age and so we, as girls, need women councilors to guide us in a comfortable way... ;)

GOD BLESS ALL! :-*
  • hey socoolbishoy...i was joking...i was just trying to make the point that even the best role model, God, loved and had great respect for his mother...even tho he was the ALL MIGHTY ONE...i just thought that was cool...lol :) :)
  • OK MAYBE U GUYS WERE KIDDING... BUT I WASN'T..LOL.. U GUYS NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT UR NOT THE ONLY ONES THAT R IMPORTANT.. WE'RE IMPORTANT TOO.. ADAM NEEDED EVE.. AND U NEED US.. ;).. ;D.. :D

Rina ;)
  • Rina is filled with Girl POWER!!!....you go girl...lol... :) :)
  • OF COURSE I AM... THIS IS OUR APPORTUNITY TO PROVE WE ARE IMPORTART.. ;D
  • hey all

ok GJI you interpreted this verse wrong ok read ch4 in the book of judges Deborah was an important women alos some stuff i read teh pharisees were afraid to look at women because tehy saw women as unclean so they used to walk around with their heads down and they would walk into poles alot and they used to be called the bloody pharisees its in a book called women of the bible by i dont remember who also like someone said st.mary was a women.and then another instance is a few times in the gspel they say the lord was followed by his disciples nd a few women such as mary magdalene

Information about deaconesses by Fr.Tadros Yacoub Malaty
    A maid that had devoted her life to serve God, and to prayers as well.
    * St. Paul mentioned Phoebe as a deaconess (Rom. 16: 1).
    * She is officially in charge of certain duties in the church. She helps the priest in serving women, particularly the sick and needy, besides at their baptism. She is not to be ordained but raised.
    * In the early church, deaconesses were recognized as a distinct order of women who were vowed to perpetual chastity. They were, nevertheless, allowed to perform only certain duties in the care of women, and no sacerdotal services in the church.

aghape,
    chris

[glow=red,2,300]God Bless You All[/glow]
  • THNX SOOOO MUCH CHRIS.. :-* :-* :-*.. FINALLY A GUYS IS ON OUR SIDE.. :P..LOL ;D
  • [quote author=G.J.I link=board=1;threadid=942;start=0#msg16418 date=1104189535]
    "LET YOUR WOMEN KEEP SILENT IN THE CHURCHES,FOR THEY
    ARE NOT PERMITTED
    TO SPEAK; BUT THEY ARE TO BE SUBMISSIVE, AS TH LAW ALSO SAYS. AND IF THEY WANT TO LEARN SOMETHING, LET THEM ASK THEIR OWN HUSBANDS AT HOME; FOR IT IS
    SHAMEFUL
    FOR WOMEN TO SPEAK IN CHURCH." CORINTHIANS CH. 14 V. 34-35

sorry GJI, it doesnt literally mean that. the Bishop David and the priests in our area all encourage girls to sing aloud in church with the decons. I know one girl that takes it too far but thats a different story. When the girls attend ECCYC, we have no guys for the mass excpet one, n he serves in the altar. guess who leads the mass n plays the triangle n torianto? US GIRLS. WE DO IT ALL. so yea, St.Paul said that because of something that was going on there. i dont rem. the details. sorry
  • Everyone is going on GJI... but the verse means, females cant give sermons in the church...

RINA.... WoW, lol... you are still cool, and I agree with you, a billion percent... us Guys cant live without you girls, except if we leave the world, and live in the desert... but that is a whole diff. story...lol...
    But girls you are great. and you girls dont need to prove you are important... WE KNOW YOU ARE.... but tell us how...lol...

Also rina, how do we need you… and why not you, us?
    Great comments... and wonderful questions... but still didnt get enough info, about the role of women in the church... all I know is they are suppose to clean the church, I am sure there is much more...

Also the good news is there are only two the wish to hurt me… well only one, I am sure the other wants to kill me…. Lol, but we will straighten that out… hopfully…lol
  • hello all

ok actually bishoy deaconesses are really really important thats a huge role in the church actually two of the were ordained by pope shenouda officially there are pictures as well if neoen has em nd could upload them thatd be cool i actually saw the pics but in El kerazh not online i bet you could fynd em if i do ill post em

Aghape,
    Chris

P.S No problem rina
  • [quote author=socoolbishoy link=board=1;threadid=942;start=15#msg16582 date=1104291487]
    RINA.... WoW, lol... you are still cool, and I agree with you, a billion percent... us Guys cant live without you girls, except if we leave the world, and live in the desert... but that is a whole diff. story...lol...
    Also rina, how do we need you… and why not you, us?
    Great comments... and wonderful questions... but still didnt get enough info, about the role of women in the church... all I know is they are suppose to clean the church, I am sure there is much more...

Also the good news is there are only two the wish to hurt me… well only one, I am sure the other wants to kill me…. Lol, but we will straighten that out… hopfully…lol

YES BISHOY I WANNA KILL U!! LOL.. NO I'M KIDDING.. BUT WAIT WUT WUT DO U MEAN BY "how do we need you… and why not you, us?"
    U NEED US BCZ WE'RE GIRLS AND U JUST CAN'T LIVE W/T US.. AND WE TOO NEED U BUT NOT AS MUCH..LOL :P
    SO YA R U W/ ME GIRLS????.. OOH U BETTER BE.. >:(... :D

Rina ;)
  • well... how do people need girls in church?