2 Copts beheaded in New Jersey

2»

Comments

• [quote author=geomike link=topic=14267.msg163520#msg163520 date=1361751097]
    [quote author=pharoh123 link=topic=14267.msg163519#msg163519 date=1361750131]

What are you talking about? I agree completely with geomike. 2 young men were just severely mutilated and killed and we are here talking about women who forgot to cover their hair. Do you not see the ridiculousness of what you are saying?!! Do you know who you sound like? The religious police in Saudi Arabia who didn't allow girls to escape a school fire because they weren't covered; the girls all died. Things must be taken in context. You seem to have a lot of misplaced anger that you are taking out on these poor women who have already been through enough and did nothing wrong. I have no clue what you are talking about (Coptic women rebellion...What?!) and why you need to bring it up in such a situation.

The quote says it all.

I have to agree with pharoh. I have to say, and forgive me for doing so, but some people are starting to sound like Pharisees. Worrying the most minute of details instead of the bigger scheme of things.

Either way, I think everybody needs to take it easy. Yes, women wearing their head coverings inside church is very important. Yes, they forgot to do so in this instance. It is none of our business, we are too far away and insignificant to the situation to do anything about it. And if your still worked up about all this, pray for them, pray for yourself and pray for everyone in this situation to have understanding and wisdom for determine what is right in their minds. If we want to discuss this further we talk about it in general and not direct it at this women in particular, because who are we to judge?

Also for those who think that women wearing head covering is being severely neglected; I happy to report that in the next video on the StGeorgeJC YouTube channel, which a mass, women are wearing their head coverings!

Pray for my weakness!
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=14267.msg163520#msg163520 date=1361751097]
    [quote author=pharoh123 link=topic=14267.msg163519#msg163519 date=1361750131]

What are you talking about? I agree completely with geomike. 2 young men were just severely mutilated and killed and we are here talking about women who forgot to cover their hair. Do you not see the ridiculousness of what you are saying?!! Do you know who you sound like? The religious police in Saudi Arabia who didn't allow girls to escape a school fire because they weren't covered; the girls all died. Things must be taken in context. You seem to have a lot of misplaced anger that you are taking out on these poor women who have already been through enough and did nothing wrong. I have no clue what you are talking about (Coptic women rebellion...What?!) and why you need to bring it up in such a situation.

The quote says it all.

Just to put things in perspective,

In this thread, Irishpilgrim writes

I'm convinced, you've shown us that you match Rem's level of unapologetic unsupported fabricated defamations and general incredibility. Seemingly for the same heretical purpose, self-defined innovative ecumenical "theology."

He is talking to ReturnOrthodoxy and claims I have unsupported fabricated defamations. Unsupported? Obviously this thread supports my claims that anything and anyone he doesn't agree with he accuses them of heresy and he reverts to name calling. 

It's one thing to have an opinion, it's another thing when one claims this opinion is the voice of the Church. And what compounds offense on offense is accusing the Coptic Orthodox clergy and faithful of heresy.

Here's another example his difficult-to-understand philosophy turned accusation.

Hi RO,

Thesis: RC developmental theology of ___________________ is not Apostolic Orthodox Truth.
    Antithesis: You are a schizophrenic misogynist. (LIE)
    Synthesis: Just close your eyes, hold your nose and dance with anybody. King David danced.

Apparently, Irishpilgrims' thesis is our church has developed the "RC developmental theology of ______________ [and it] is not Apostolic Orthodox Truth". Given he didn't actually mention which particular RC Theology we are developing, it is impossible to understand what he says. In this thread, there have been multiple responses saying "What are you talking about?"

He denies being a schizophrenic misogynist (even though this is his own phrase). Maybe this is true. But as Pharoh123 mentioned he has a lot of misplaced anger that he takes out on women who have done nothing wrong. This is the definition of misogyny.

I have no idea what his "Synthesis" response means. What I see is that he holds King David's dance and the Scriptures in contempt, like King David's wife Michal did in 2 Samuel 6:16.

I truly hope Irishpilgrim seeks the answers he is looking for. I hope God helps him in whatever way God sees proper. Out of true Christian love, I think we all agree that Irishpilgrim's salvation is the utmost importance, even if we disagree with him.

Finally, may God repose the souls of our brothers who suffered death but are now rejoicing with Christ.
  • Update on this story:

It seems the perpetrator is indeed Muslim (but described as "not very religious" whatever that means). He is also Egyptian. This might've been an argument over a car but I'm not sure.

Link here: http://www.thecommentator.com/article/2786/gruesome_murder_goes_largely_unreported#.USiz6H1ODJA.twitter
  • A warning: if I see another response towards ANYTHING else other than this crime, I will delete.
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14267.msg163554#msg163554 date=1361960062]
    A warning: if I see another response towards ANYTHING else other than this crime, I will delete.

Thank you Mina! Where were you two pages ago?!

Also, it has been confirmed that the perpetrator is Muslim and i don't remember correctly, but it was either there was an altercation about a white Mercedes or it was in a white Mercedes.
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=14267.msg163571#msg163571 date=1362024602]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14267.msg163554#msg163554 date=1361960062]
    A warning: if I see another response towards ANYTHING else other than this crime, I will delete.

Also, it has been confirmed that the perpetrator is Muslim and i don't remember correctly, but it was either there was an altercation about a white Mercedes or it was in a white Mercedes.

They were both shot in a white merc that belonged to one of the victims.

• [quote author=Zoxsasi link=topic=14267.msg163575#msg163575 date=1362029544]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=14267.msg163571#msg163571 date=1362024602]
    [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14267.msg163554#msg163554 date=1361960062]

They were both shot in a white merc that belonged to one of the victims.

Now the question is why we're they in a car with him. Was this a person they knew? This is very odd.