Stand with the fear of God.... From the mouth of.....

edited December 1969 in Hymns Discussion
Does anybody have a recording of a deacon reciting the response, "Stand in the fear of God. Let us hear the Holy Gospel from the mouth of our honored and righteous father, the thrice blessed, our honored father bishop (metropolitan), Abba ____, bishop of the Christ-loving city of ____ and its vicinity. May the God of Heaven confirm him on his throne for many years and peaceful times, humiliate all his enemies under his feet speedily, grant him calm and delightful times, and grant us grace and mercy through his prayers and supplications."

This is said before the bishop/metropolitan reads the Gospel. I can't find a recording anywhere. Here or youtube. Thanks.

Comments

• I have never heard this said for a bishop. the Pope one is always said in arabic by m. Ibrahim
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14254.msg163180#msg163180 date=1360187461]
    I have never heard this said for a bishop. the Pope one is always said in arabic by m. Ibrahim

Congrats on your new administrator position, Mina.
    And on your 6000 posts!
  • [quote author=geomike link=topic=14254.msg163174#msg163174 date=1360129489]
    Does anybody have a recording of a deacon reciting the response, "Stand in the fear of God. Let us hear the Holy Gospel from the mouth of our honored and righteous father, the thrice blessed, our honored father bishop (metropolitan), Abba ____, bishop of the Christ-loving city of ____ and its vicinity. May the God of Heaven confirm him on his throne for many years and peaceful times, humiliate all his enemies under his feet speedily, grant him calm and delightful times, and grant us grace and mercy through his prayers and supplications."

This is said before the bishop/metropolitan reads the Gospel. I can't find a recording anywhere. Here or youtube. Thanks.

Why do you need a recording though? Isn't it chanted in the same tune as the gospel? Where did you get the words from?
  • [quote author=minatasgeel link=topic=14254.msg163180#msg163180 date=1360187461]
    I have never heard this said for a bishop. the Pope one is always said in arabic by m. Ibrahim

In the Kholagy for the Southern California Diocese, there is a part for the pope and there is another separate one for a metropolitan or bishop. I heard the one from Ibrahim Ayad but it doesn't apply since it is for the pope as you said.
  • [quote author=copticuser20 link=topic=14254.msg163185#msg163185 date=1360197000]
    [quote author=geomike link=topic=14254.msg163174#msg163174 date=1360129489]

Why do you need a recording though? Isn't it chanted in the same tune as the gospel? Where did you get the words from?

Ya it is in the same tune, but I want to get to hear various recordings so I can shift mine to theirs to make it sound nice. I found it in my church kholagy.
  • So nobody has a recording of it?
  • I have a recording in Arabic. Feel free to pm your email and I'll be glad to send it.
  • [quote author=morcousw link=topic=14254.msg163895#msg163895 date=1363785743]
    And I've got it in English:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dm0tr2pmrsh9zn7/Nativity 2012 English Gospel.mp3

Thanks a bunch morcousw!